------Bench
Jerry Stackhouse
Devean George
DeSagana Diop
Bostjan Nachbar
Sean Williams
Stromile Swift
Jamaal Magloire

looks like the nets made a really good deal. they have an outstanding 6th man in Jerry stackhouse and the rest of the bench is good too. Devin Harris is a good improving guard and the nets get future in 2 first round picks too.
In my eyes the nets improved more with this trade than the mavs did. But like i said before... maybe the mavs won't need a bench. the celtics don't need a bench either
German Denver Nuggets Blog! http://basketball-blogs.de/nuggets/
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,280

Post#22 » by RRFB » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:53 pm

I don't buy the Zach Randolph rumor for a second, theres no way our front office is dumb enough to try something like that.
Don_eMOCION#31
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Don_eMOCION#31 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:56 pm

Utah improved with Korver
Lakers got Gasol
Phoenix received Shaq
Golden State got Webber
Miami traded for Marion

... entertaining Trading-Time with big names in there but when is the time we will do something?
German Denver Nuggets Blog! http://basketball-blogs.de/nuggets/
JRMelo15
Rookie

Post#24 » by JRMelo15 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:58 pm

KidNine wrote:i still have a spot for Telfair...i'd love to see him grow alongside JR and Melo

So only add Artest to that and we can truly be called Thuggets?
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#25 » by Smills91 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:07 pm

I think Kidd makes the Mavs A LOT better. He allows Terry to play the two(his natural position on Offense, but can go down and guard the bigger two's in the league and have Terry guard the 1. Kidd's defense >>> Harris' defense IMO and having a guy who can run a team as seemless as Kidd makes the Mavs a scary team IMO. I think they may now be the team to beat in the west. Dampier can match with Shaq, Dirk can match with Duncan/Gasol, Kidd/Howard can match with Kobe. the Mavs are REALLY good now.
Teens On Acid
Sixth Man
And1: 67

Post#26 » by Teens On Acid » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:08 pm

AIMelo15 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So only add Artest to that and we can truly be called Thuggets?

i hope you're joking.
there are no thugs on this team.

anyway, i stand by it, i think Bassy will grow to be a solid distributor of the ball. i think he'll develop the way Chauncey did. as Bassy gets older and learns/respects the game more, he'll become an all-star.
i think he'd fit in perfectly.

any more to the Hak/Miller trade with memphis?
JEWELZ
Starter
And1: 20

Post#27 » by JEWELZ » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:19 pm

we gotta do somethin i mean cmon
L-Burna89
Banned User

Post#28 » by L-Burna89 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:31 pm

I love that the West keeps getting older though. Both the Suns and Spurs will be lotto teams within 3-5 years....and the Mavs just traded a lot of their future away for another 35+ player.

But as far as today is concerned.....the West just keeps getting tougher and tougher.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 5,044

Post#29 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:37 pm

they have an outstanding 6th man in Jerry stackhouse and the rest of the bench is good too.

Supposedly NJ is going to cut Stackhouse.

If that happens, maybe the Nuggets should try throwing some money at him and maybe he'll sign with them? Though most likely he is going back to Dallas.
Melo'sAnswer
Sophomore

Post#30 » by Melo'sAnswer » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:39 pm

man ive been checking these boards everyday hoping to find another post from Eric Stratton who from what other posters have said is the Nugget insider here. But havent really seen anything since it was mentioned we had negotiations with almost every team.

Do we still have negotiations with a lot of teams, are any deals close?
Not sure if you can answer those questions or not but would love to hear something. We just HAVE to make some kind of move to make this team better, dont get me wrong I think this is still a great team right now, but with NENE out and Lakers getting Gasol, Suns getting Shaq and now Mavericks getting Kidd we just cant afford to stand still. If Artest is our only option and it requries giving up LK, Im sorry but I think we have no choice but to do it now. We need an upgrade for the playoffs, the WC playoffs are going to be nastier than any year I can remember.

Please FO get some done before all the options are gone!
MELO4MVP
Banned User

Post#31 » by MELO4MVP » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:51 pm

CAN WE PLEASE MAKE A GOD DAMN MOVE ALREADY!
Melo'sAnswer
Sophomore

Post#32 » by Melo'sAnswer » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:55 pm

MELO4MVP wrote:CAN WE PLEASE MAKE A GOD DAMN MOVE ALREADY!

I believe I yelled out the same exact thing when this broke on ESPN News
nola3
Junior

Post#33 » by nola3 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:12 pm

Eh.

The Nuggets can still compete with anybody in the West. Playoffs are going to be crazy, but you don't see well-constructed teams like the Hornets and Spurs panicking - the Nuggets just need to pick up their game a little bit and they'll be fine. We've won 5/6 (a wide-open J away from 6/6) with AI in a shooting slump, we'll be fine.

I wouldn't mind Artest - I think he's a perfect fit, and I think the existing chemistry on this team is very underrated.

Re Telfair, hes as quick as AI, but has 1/4 of the finishing ability. Until he can hit a mid range jumper and lay the ball up over or around the trees, hes going to be a career back-up.
denvers_finest
Starter
And1: 39

Post#34 » by denvers_finest » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:35 pm

nola3 wrote:you don't see well-constructed teams like the Hornets and Spurs panicking .

Great point. Sometimes the best move you can make is to just stand pat. Yeah some of these trades are glamorus, but they might not work out on the court.

The Nuggets made their big FA splash last year with AI, the team is finally starting to gel, and I don't see any reason to make another big move now that could effect our chemistry just to try and keep up with the Jones'.
big123
Sixth Man

Post#35 » by big123 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:39 pm

nola3 wrote:Eh.

you don't see well-constructed teams like the Hornets and Spurs panicking

The Spurs are the champions last time I checked and the Hornets are playing well over there heads right now (IE Portland). They are still a young team and would be beyond stupid to make any moves right now.

Not really a strong argument.
Melo'sAnswer
Sophomore

Post#36 » by Melo'sAnswer » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:43 pm

big123 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The Spurs are the champions last time I checked and the Hornets are playing well over there heads right now (IE Portland). They are still a young team and would be beyond stupid to make any moves right now.

Not really a strong argument.

agree 100%
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Post#37 » by corona » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:32 am

lateral move for dallas.
that's a lot to give up for kidd.
UNLVNugsFan
Rookie

Post#38 » by UNLVNugsFan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:57 am

Exactly. This is not a steal like Gasol to L.A., this is a lateral move. It's an upgrade at starting PG, but only for about a season and a half, when I expect Harris will be better than a 39 year old Kidd.

The best thing we can do is stand pat, and not make any knee-jerk moves. The only deal I am really for, as of now, is for Mike Miller, since he would be just about the perfect 25-30 mpg option off the bench for this team.
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#39 » by Smills91 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:58 am

corona wrote:lateral move for dallas.
that's a lot to give up for kidd.

BULL...it may have been a lot to give up, but it's far from lateral. The Mavs are better NOW...they mortgaged a lot of their future over the next 3-5 years, but lateral? No way. They improved for the here and now. These WC teams are going for broke. Only one will manage, but the Mavs are a much better team RIGHT now after that trade.
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM

Post#40 » by IggyTheBEaST » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:09 am

JR Najera and 2nd for Miller. Do it
===========

ITBs Dream Team:

Iverson/Iggy/Lebron/Amare/Dwight

I <3 Thaddeous

Return to Denver Nuggets