Jason Kidd To The Mavs

Moderator: THE J0KER

corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Post#41 » by corona » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:29 am

Smills91 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
BULL...it may have been a lot to give up, but it's far from lateral. The Mavs are better NOW...they mortgaged a lot of their future over the next 3-5 years, but lateral? No way. They improved for the here and now. These WC teams are going for broke. Only one will manage, but the Mavs are a much better team RIGHT now after that trade.

dallas is still soft inside. this move only took away from that because they lost diop.
kidd thrives with finishers (all great point guards do, and they need one)...all he has around him is jumpshoters. who's gonna finish anything he creates in the paint? dampier misses layups.
stackhouse was a large part of their bench....they don't have one now.
harris has been called the best defensive point in the league by many, lost him.

it doesn't make them better at what they were missing. kidd won't make their jumpshooters better jumpshooters. lateral move.
JRMelo15
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#42 » by JRMelo15 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:20 am

Devean George :clap: he just saved Dallas' franchise...blocked the trade
AILebronMelo
Rookie
And1: 4

Post#43 » by AILebronMelo » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:24 am

How does Miller help this team compete with the Mavs, Suns,Lakers and Jazz come play off time? All Miller does is shoot we have that with Kleiza and Smith. This team needs a wing defender and someone with mental toughness like a Artest. We also need Nene to come back I hope he gets healthy.
Iverson, Iggy, Willie Green, Sammy D, Josh Smith, Rasheed and Ben Wallace, Larry Hughes Garnett, Francis, Lebron, Melo, K Mart, Wade, Amare, Q Richardson, T Mac, DC, and C Webb

Cryrak is a crybaby!
Melo'sAnswer
Sophomore

Post#44 » by Melo'sAnswer » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:36 am

AIMelo15 wrote:Devean George :clap: he just saved Dallas' franchise...blocked the trade

I have a feeling that they will still make this trade work its just back to the drawing board for now. Unless someone can swoop in now with a better off given the window of time.
24K_Gold
Junior

Post#45 » by 24K_Gold » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:13 am

I have to agree with corona on this one...rob peter to pay paul!all these teams are making trades but the only trade that really made that respective better was the lakers trade,everybody else did ok but it was nothing to get a woody over!

I think that a lot of what we do depends on nene's return.when he came back from the hand injury our frontline threw a 5 game block party and pretty much manhandled opposing teams frontlines.not to mention nene gives us that guy who you can dump the ball off to on the block and get buckets.

if we get artest than cool...if not,cool.this team when healthy can compete with any team in this league...to bad this depends on our health....our biggest weakness!
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#46 » by pickaxe » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:36 am

AIMelo15 wrote:Devean George :clap: he just saved Dallas' franchise...blocked the trade

Haaa haaa haa haa. :rofl:
almost famous
Rookie

Post#47 » by almost famous » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:05 am

Someone want to explain to me how the hell George got a no trade clause?
JRMelo15
Rookie

Post#48 » by JRMelo15 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:10 am

meloivynene wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Haaa haaa haa haa. :rofl:

:nod: Oh I'm guessing Kidd is going to make this team great for years and years to come...

George has a 1 year deal, which guarantees a no-trade clause.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 5,711

Post#49 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:15 am

AILebronMelo wrote:How does Miller help this team compete with the Mavs, Suns,Lakers and Jazz come play off time? All Miller does is shoot we have that with Kleiza and Smith. This team needs a wing defender and someone with mental toughness like a Artest. We also need Nene to come back I hope he gets healthy.

If you haven't noticed, AC is getting a lot of minutes because Denver has an awful coach. With AC in, his man basically goes and doubles AI or Melo.

Getting Miller would mean AC would get less minutes, making it easier for Melo and AI to score. Also gives them someone whose a more consistent three point threat than LK or JR.

He would greatly help this team's offensive effeciency, which is where this team needs the most help.
big123
Sixth Man

Post#50 » by big123 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:28 am

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If you haven't noticed, AC is getting a lot of minutes because Denver has an awful coach. With AC in, his man basically goes and doubles AI or Melo.

Getting Miller would mean AC would get less minutes, making it easier for Melo and AI to score. Also gives them someone whose a more consistent three point threat than LK or JR.

He would greatly help this team's offensive effeciency, which is where this team needs the most help.

Isn't Artest the same size as Miller? What would be the difference regarding Carter? I think if the Nuggs trade for either, AI will have to play fulltime PG. One gives you a 3 point threat and the other gives you lockdown defense and some offense as well. Dismissing the gamble on Artest, it's really a no-brainer. With Carter being the majority PG who can't hit a shot or even pass that well, I think that alone hurts the offensive effeciency more than just not having a consistent 3-point threat.

Getting Artest would help the offensive effeciency and REALLY help the perimeter defense. I would rather fill a little of both holes, than just one. It balances out the whole makup of the team more with Artest IMHO.
eathy
Sixth Man

Post#51 » by eathy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:47 am

Why do some people want Mike Miller??

yeah he can shoot... but his defence is average at best.

Artest can score AND play lockdown D and make players his bitches. Mike Miller would never be able to do that, not even on offense.
sportsmikegm23
Pro Prospect

Post#52 » by sportsmikegm23 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:28 pm

eathy wrote:Why do some people want Mike Miller??

Artest can score AND play lockdown D and make players his bitches. Mike Miller would never be able to do that, not even on offense.

Because Mike Miller "should" spread the court when AI and Melo are out there making it easier to get to the hoop. If they double off Mike's man, he "should" make the 3 ball. However, his defense is an issue.

Artest will not spread the court as much although he can hit the 3. The problem with Ron is, will he accept being the 3rd option. His defense would greatly help this team, but it's a matter of him accepting his role whereas Mike Miller would fit a role on this team very well and would be glad to be the 3rd option on a winning team. I don't think Mike Miller will get traded here because of the 2 remaining years on his contract that would add to the hefty luxury tax we are already paying. They want to get Artest if the price is right...very inexpensively and frankly Sacramento is trying to get the most out of him (which they should) and I think it's 50/50 if the Nugs make a trade.
djtruebeliever
Bench Warmer
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Post#53 » by djtruebeliever » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:43 pm

we can't give up or only legitimate offensive post presence in Nene for an even fatter jump-shooting pf who sucks ass on defense.
I'm in Kokokiko!
Princerod
Senior

Post#54 » by Princerod » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:00 am

First, Jason Kidd is two years older. At this stage, It's important.

Second, a guy who's a good wing defender, a guy whos' a good jump-shooter is an improve for this team. We need both, but just one with an above average b-ball iq, that'd be cool.

Third, to see as much offensives rebounds from the opposing team is really frustating.

Fourth, to be 9th with this record is strange. No need to panic. We still have to beat the Spurs. I'm confident. Games like Cleveland's one are a reference. We know what we can make.
Ready for Victory
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#55 » by pickaxe » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:20 am

eathy wrote:Why do some people want Mike Miller??

The ability to knock those shots down, 2 seconds flat, makes it easier for everyone to focus on defense. If you're constantly fighting and scratching on offense, defense becomes an afterthought over and over.

Return to Denver Nuggets