27%
Utah
73%

Total votes: 30

sportsmikegm23
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#81 » by sportsmikegm23 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 4:57 am

No ******* way we should have lost that ******* game to the ******** Brawl ball Utah crap!!! Every player should have to stay after and run and make ******* free throws. 1000 free throws made before they go home tonight. Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not even basketball... I hate UTAH
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#82 » by carrottop12 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 4:57 am

That was the most competetive game ever between these two teams. Great game, tough loss, I was sure you had us beat a few times.

This is an absolute nasty match up between these two teams and this was a real man's game.

The refs were terrible going both ways, but I love the physicality that you guys bring to the game, perfect.
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Post#83 » by corona » Thu Feb 7, 2008 4:59 am

nola3 wrote:ai should've switched on that pick - he did too late, still managed to get a hand in deron's face though. it was a great shot.

i don't blame him for not leaving korver....

but somebody's gotta communicate better there and not give up a 3.
noone
Analyst

Post#84 » by noone » Thu Feb 7, 2008 4:59 am

EMB6903 wrote:ya AC completely blew the game, first makes a crucial turnover in the last minute of regulation, then gets caught up in a pick that leaves Deron Williams wide open for the game tying 3. along with his 2 missed FT's down the stretch.

That was some miscommunication but mostly Iverson's fault. At that point in the game, you switch everything. Iverson didn't switch.
big123
Sixth Man

Post#85 » by big123 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 4:59 am

JRmakes_it_rain wrote:the refs were bad both ways....AI got a ton of touch fouls.....Utah played fairly dirty.....it went both ways....

I agree, the refs were fine. Missed FT, not blocking out, bad perimeter D (Carter), Melo being stupid at the wrong times, Karl rotations and Carter just having an atrocious game is what did it.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,181

Post#86 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:00 am

Fun game to watch, I was literally on the edge of my seat. I thought you guys played well, really physical, made some huge shots, and got a lot of offensive rebounds. Nice effort, this game was way too close to call, just glad to have survived with a win.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
manchambo
Starter
And1: 836

Post#87 » by manchambo » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:00 am

Between us and the 2 teams we've seen in the past few nights, you can say a few things: They're all very good teams, they're all about equally good, and at least one is probably going to miss the playoffs. Not to mention GS and Houston.

Competition is nice, but that really sucks. Oh well, at least we'll be able to watch the Nets or Hawks or somebody exciting in the playoffs.
JRmakes_it_rain
Pro Prospect

Post#88 » by JRmakes_it_rain » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:00 am

I can see AI's thinking, its damned if you do damned if you don't....if he switches, you leave the best shooter on the floor open....you take your chances with williams over korver.
JRmakes_it_rain
Pro Prospect

Post#89 » by JRmakes_it_rain » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:01 am

I can see AI's thinking, its damned if you do damned if you don't....if he switches, you leave the best shooter on the floor open....you take your chances with williams over korver.
manchambo
Starter
And1: 836

Post#90 » by manchambo » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:02 am

Between us and the 2 teams we've seen in the past few nights, you can say a few things: They're all very good teams, they're all about equally good, and at least one is probably going to miss the playoffs. Not to mention GS and Houston.

Competition is nice, but that really sucks. Oh well, at least we'll be able to watch the Nets or Hawks or somebody exciting in the playoffs.
Neon Black
Starter
And1: 19

Post#91 » by Neon Black » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:02 am

sportsmikegm23 wrote:No ******* way we should have lost that ******* game to the ******** Brawl ball Utah crap!!! Every player should have to stay after and run and make ******* free throws. 1000 free throws made before they go home tonight. Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not even basketball... I hate UTAH

Ha i was going to call you classless until I realized i'd be saying the exact same thing about the Nuggs had you beaten us...
Kash
Junior

Post#92 » by Kash » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:04 am

It's getting old seeing the Nuggets play tough D until theres ten seconds left on the shot clock, when someone ends up wide open for a jumper. Seriously, every possession the opposing team has a wide open jumper, and a lot of times it's from three. Time for George Karl to step up and remind the team how to contest every shot.
JTSPEED
Sophomore

Post#93 » by JTSPEED » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:05 am

Great game guys. It was a really hard fought game. AI is a class act. i really respect that guy. You are lucky to have him. I wish some of your fans had a little more class but I guess each team has them. Heres hoping we don't face you in the playoffs.
noone
Analyst

Post#94 » by noone » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:05 am

JRmakes_it_rain wrote:I can see AI's thinking, its damned if you do damned if you don't....if he switches, you leave the best shooter on the floor open....you take your chances with williams over korver.

Not true. Remember, Carter got caught up on Korver's shoulder, so if Iverson had switched, Iverson would be running right along with Deron and Carter would have easily been in front of Korver by the time the ball would have gotten to him.
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#95 » by pickaxe » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:06 am

I don't know......the one thing about Carter is he attempted to step up. Kleiza gets a big thumb down tonight. Disappearing act.

But yeah I got to say they need to box out and follow their own shots in cause you're going to miss 1 out of every 2 shots anyway......follow the ball in and guys can't be at half court when AI jacks a shot up. They need to be around the rim.....or some body needs to be around the rim when K Mart or Camby jacks a shot up.....that's for certain.
Ming Kong!
RealGM
And1: 31

Post#96 » by Ming Kong! » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:08 am

Refs (who were bad on both sides) aside this game was everything I could have wished for. I can't wait for the next match up. May the best team win the division, Seriously, good luck guys, I'd love for these two teams to play in the playoffs.
nola3
Junior

Post#97 » by nola3 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:08 am

camby and kmart kill me sometimes at the end of the shot clock. good defenders, but just don't always close out and get a hand up.....

this was a good game - tough loss, but we showed a lot of grit.

i know there are a lot of ai haters out there still, but i'd hope that y'all can at least give him props for his relentlessness. theres something to be said for going at the other team hard, even when things aren't going your way. almost got us a win too.

anyway, this was a better loss than the loss utah had to us in SLC.

if we meet in the playoffs, I won't be pissed.
jahshawn
Sophomore

Post#98 » by jahshawn » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:11 am

JRmakes_it_rain wrote:If AC was JR he'd be given his pink slip tonight, and sent to the D league.....I bet AC gets rewarded for his stellar play with prolly another 35 minute night next time out. I wonder what the FO thinks about garbage like this....a 7 man friggin rotation?

I hate G.Karl he has a double standard when it comes to JR.If JR made those same dumb ass plays he would be benched for weeks but Carter will continue to play 30= minutes a game and be allowed to continuous **** up and not be benched for it.
Allowing fear to permeate your being will hamper your dreams before you even begin them.
Kenny Natt
Banned User

Post#99 » by Kenny Natt » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:11 am

warning for inflammatory post with ridiculous and unnecessary link. -corona
JTSPEED
Sophomore

Post#100 » by JTSPEED » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:16 am

Kenny Natt you suck. (I mean this is the best possible way). I hate that song

Return to Denver Nuggets