ImageImageImage

TRADE GALLINARI

Moderator: THE J0KER

MomaDance
Freshman
And1: 32

Re: TRADE GALLINARI 

Post#21 » by MomaDance » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:20 pm

Can't trade Gallinari. He is literally the ONLY one on the team who has shown any balls at the end of close games. And he's young and still has loads of room for improvement. Why trade him now when his value will only increase?
Brapman
Starter
And1: 443

Post#22 » by Brapman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:37 pm

Tell you what. Tay for Gallinari. I think he'd potentially fit great in Detroit.
MomaDance
Freshman
And1: 32

Post#23 » by MomaDance » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:02 am

Brapman wrote:Tell you what. Tay for Gallinari. I think he'd potentially fit great in Detroit.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
torotoe
Sixth Man
And1: 184

Post#24 » by torotoe » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:41 am

Brapman wrote:Tell you what. Tay for Gallinari. I think he'd potentially fit great in Detroit.

Throw in a koufos for monroe swap and it's a deal.
Brapman
Starter
And1: 443

Post#25 » by Brapman » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:07 pm

No thanks. We'll keep our (future) all-star level PF.

But, I still think you guys are premature in your Gallinari hating.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#26 » by raferfenix » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:16 pm

torotoe wrote:
Mil: Harris+ Udoh+Illysovia for Gallo+ Brewer+Mozgov

Harris is a good young prospect. Illy is a shooter that maybe we can salvage. Udoh is a shot blocker, not playing many minutes right now. He shoots his FTs well.

I could see the Bucks pursuing Gallo if he is really available.

What are the Nuggets' needs like at PF / C? We have an excess of bigs and I'd presume one or two would be involved.

Also, do you think there would be interest in Monta Ellis? I could see him playing well with Igoudala, and Ellis just hasn't been working well with Jennings.

Either way, our D would be shot if we were going with Jennings / Ellis / Gallo, so even if you guys wouldn't be ending up with him I bet he'd be on the way out.

In that insane, the Bucks would probably be receptive to taking on Wilson Chandler to fill the void at SG, particularly if you guys would take on Drew Gooden (one year less on his contract) to help us even out our salary situation.
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#27 » by Maf » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:51 pm

raferfenix wrote:
torotoe wrote:
Mil: Harris+ Udoh+Illysovia for Gallo+ Brewer+Mozgov

Harris is a good young prospect. Illy is a shooter that maybe we can salvage. Udoh is a shot blocker, not playing many minutes right now. He shoots his FTs well.

I could see the Bucks pursuing Gallo if he is really available.

What are the Nuggets' needs like at PF / C? We have an excess of bigs and I'd presume one or two would be involved.

Also, do you think there would be interest in Monta Ellis? I could see him playing well with Igoudala, and Ellis just hasn't been working well with Jennings.

Either way, our D would be shot if we were going with Jennings / Ellis / Gallo, so even if you guys wouldn't be ending up with him I bet he'd be on the way out.

In that insane, the Bucks would probably be receptive to taking on Wilson Chandler to fill the void at SG, particularly if you guys would take on Drew Gooden (one year less on his contract) to help us even out our salary situation.

What a horrible kind of person you are. Coming here and offering Monta **** Ellis? NOBODY wants Monta **** Ellis!
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,690

Post#28 » by Johnny Firpo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:27 am

Gallo's percentages are steadily rising, looks like he's out of his slump. He still has that occasional bad game, but now like only 1 out of every 5 or so. I expect him to get even better, more consistent as the home games start piling up. This team can still win 55-57 games this year.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#29 » by The Rebel » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:04 pm

Johnny Firpo wrote:Gallo's percentages are steadily rising, looks like he's out of his slump. He still has that occasional bad game, but now like only 1 out of every 5 or so. I expect him to get even better, more consistent as the home games start piling up. This team can still win 55-57 games this year.

I agree that Gallo has done better this month, however the fact that so many of the Nuggets play so much better at home is one thing that bugs me, in the NBA you play half of your games on the road, we need production from everybody for those games as well.
Yoga
Banned User
And1: 83

Post#30 » by Yoga » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:25 pm

Gallnari, Mozgov to Toronto for Bargnani (when he is healthy again) and Kleiza
GravityIsABeach
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#31 » by GravityIsABeach » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:38 pm

Yoga wrote:Gallnari, Mozgov to Toronto for Bargnani (when he is healthy again) and Kleiza

ahahahah

no
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#32 » by 21shumpshumpst » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:51 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Johnny Firpo wrote:Gallo's percentages are steadily rising, looks like he's out of his slump. He still has that occasional bad game, but now like only 1 out of every 5 or so. I expect him to get even better, more consistent as the home games start piling up. This team can still win 55-57 games this year.

I agree that Gallo has done better this month, however the fact that so many of the Nuggets play so much better at home is one thing that bugs me, in the NBA you play half of your games on the road, we need production from everybody for those games as well.

What is your take on Gallo? You give it to people straight. Just want to hear your thoughts. Because I remember as a Knick fan the Gallo sucks vs Gallo is a superstar debate. I always was in the Gallo is a role player camp. I never see him as a scrub but neither as a savior. Nice piece to have but not a necessity in a championship team.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#33 » by 21shumpshumpst » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:51 pm

The Rebel wrote:

What is your take on Gallo? You give it to people straight. Just want to hear your thoughts. Because I remember as a Knick fan the Gallo sucks vs Gallo is a superstar debate. I always was in the Gallo is a role player camp. I never see him as a scrub but neither as a savior. Nice piece to have but not a necessity in a championship team.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#34 » by The Rebel » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:01 am

21shumpshumpst wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Personally I like Gallo but I don't think he will ever be a superstar, more like a poor mans taller Ginobli that is best served as a 2nd or 3rd option where he can create and get wide open outside shots. He has more talent then that, he could be a multi time all star, but he just does not seem to have the mentality to do it. I think he can be an important piece on the right team, but I don't really think he will ever be more then a borderline all star.
ArrogantBastard
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#35 » by ArrogantBastard » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:17 pm

Being a borderline all star (and I can agree with it about Gallo) is > then being a role player. If gallo is only a role player, what are the others Nuggets players? Benchwarmers?

I think that Gallinari can develop in a Ginobili kind of player, even if with different features. They have both a peculiar mentality, different from an US player, because they are of European school (yes, Ginobili too: he developed as a player in Europe).
American all star is something different. Melo is an all star (but he hasn't won anything so far), Lebron is an all star (but he won only last year after a long waiting). Being an all star caliber player doesn't mean necessarily to win. Ginobili is not an all star and he won a lot. He is an essential player, or better, a Quintessential player. He is precious in a winning team, in a championship team, beside to an all star caliber player (Duncan, Parker...). This kind of players are rare and priceless. Maybe they are more hard to find then an all star: giving to the team what the team needs, without pretending to shine under the spotlight, that is not for all of them.
Often this kind of players are of European school, where the team counts more then the player and the statistics. Gasol for the winning Lakers? Or, back in time, Tony Kukoc for the Jordan's Bulls? Being decisive, from behind the front line.
Gallo could develop in this kind of player IMHO. But in Denver, with a lacking of all stars, he is called to play a role that is not his role, that he can play only some of the games (like yesterday), but not on every single night: that is beyond him. I could be wrong, and I would be happy of that. But I think to be right, knowing him since a long ago.
He could give, instead, a great boost to a border championship team, even as 6th man.
um.
Junior
And1: 78

Post#36 » by um. » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:45 pm

If we're not trading Gallinari whats the point of him not being able to take 20-25 shots a game?
SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,817

Post#37 » by SaveTheHens » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:18 am

Bargnani and 1st round draft pick in 2015 for Gallinari
um.
Junior

Post#38 » by um. » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:34 am

sure why not.
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 334

Post#39 » by Mac1958 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Bargnani is a net negative. No defense, no rebounds, no assists, no blocks. He should be nothing more than the 7th, 8th man, brought in for some instant offense only.

I wouldn't trade Fournier for him.

um.
Junior

Post#40 » by um. » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:35 pm

I like Gallo don't get me wrong...He has started playing a lot better since he's saw this post.

Return to Denver Nuggets