Wilson Chandler

Moderator: THE J0KER

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: Wilson Chandler 

Post#81 » by The Rebel » Sat May 26, 2018 11:33 am

Riko wrote:This is incredible that there is still no news... I hope he doesn't decide in the last possible day, wuold be an absurd lack of respect for a team that paid him over 50 million in the last 7 years.

He still has a month to decide, and even the backroom deals that start being worked out usually don't start this early as others are deciding on their options as well.
Riko
Rookie
And1: 685

Post#82 » by Riko » Sat May 26, 2018 1:27 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Riko wrote:This is incredible that there is still no news... I hope he doesn't decide in the last possible day, wuold be an absurd lack of respect for a team that paid him over 50 million in the last 7 years.

He still has a month to decide, and even the backroom deals that start being worked out usually don't start this early as others are deciding on their options as well.

I know but, imho, 90% of denver's move in the summer depends on chandler PO so, while for a fan like me is only annoying, for the managment is a real problem. At least I hope he talks with the gm so they can elaborate a strategy for the summer (both for the draft and for the FA market).
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#83 » by NuggetsWY » Sat May 26, 2018 5:59 pm

Riko wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

I know but, imho, 90% of denver's move in the summer depends on chandler PO so, while for a fan like me is only annoying, for the managment is a real problem. At least I hope he talks with the gm so they can elaborate a strategy for the summer (both for the draft and for the FA market).

and while Chandler may be in control to a degree, the team always has options - some are not desirable, but they are there - let us never forget that this is a business and Chandler has the right to do what is best for him and the Nuggets have a right to do what is best for them

My money is on Chandler not taking his option. It's leaving a lot of money on the table and no one likes to do that. He may or may not get that much again, but he's already made quite a bit of money and he's clearly not happy in Denver.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#84 » by TunaFish » Sun May 27, 2018 12:16 am

I am having a hard time seeing Chandler walk away from that contract.
Canned in Denver.
torotoe
Sixth Man
And1: 184

Post#85 » by torotoe » Sat Jun 2, 2018 11:17 pm

TunaFish wrote:I am having a hard time seeing Chandler walk away from that contract.

Me too, but honestly if he could get a 3/15 or 2/13 deal I think he would. It's not as lucrative but he could go to a contender and have a consistent role.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#86 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jun 6, 2018 4:16 pm

If/when Chandler signs, should they start him next year ?? I say he comes off the bench, if for no other reason than to point out he should have opted out. That's just the dig in me but the reality is he's not a part of this core so why give him big minutes like last year when his production is so unimpactful ? Give those mins to a now healthy Hernangomez and Torrey Craig, at least both look to be part of this team going forward.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#87 » by U hova » Wed Jun 6, 2018 4:40 pm

He works better coming off the bench anyway - especially if barton isn't on the team next year.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jun 6, 2018 7:30 pm

If the Nuggets told Chandler he would play fewer minutes than Arthur played last year, do you think that would precipitate his departure? Playing time is vital towards his future contract.
skywalker33

Post#89 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jun 6, 2018 7:58 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:If the Nuggets told Chandler he would play fewer minutes than Arthur played last year, do you think that would precipitate his departure? Playing time is vital towards his future contract.

I’d let him know that anyway, one in hopes he does opt out and two to be honest with him, lower his whiny expectations

skywalker33

Post#90 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:09 pm

So who's with me ??? Sat night we go kidnap Wilson's agent so he can't send in notification of opting in....we'll be HERO's !!!

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:50 pm

skywalker33 wrote:So who's with me ??? Sat night we go kidnap Wilson's agent so he can't send in notification of opting in....we'll be HERO's !!!

:lol: :nod: :crazy:
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#92 » by The Rebel » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:42 am

skywalker33 wrote:So who's with me ??? Sat night we go kidnap Wilson's agent so he can't send in notification of opting in....we'll be HERO's !!!

If the Nuggets can make a decent trade and keep Murray, Harris, and Jokic while going up and getting a guy like Doncic I don't think you will have to kidnap his agent. He will opt out as quickly as he can. He and his agent are not going to want to see him lose minutes to Juancho and a rookie, and he really is not going to want to be traded at the deadline to live in a hotel for a couple of months.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:31 am

Trading up for the right draft pick (SF); I'm willing to do an overpay (but not the big-3).
skywalker33

Post#94 » by skywalker33 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:56 am

The Rebel wrote:

If the Nuggets can make a decent trade and keep Murray, Harris, and Jokic while going up and getting a guy like Doncic I don't think you will have to kidnap his agent. He will opt out as quickly as he can. He and his agent are not going to want to see him lose minutes to Juancho and a rookie, and he really is not going to want to be traded at the deadline to live in a hotel for a couple of months.

Sounds like incentive to move up to me :nod:

psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#95 » by psimanic1 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:58 am

But if he opts in, we can trade him to MEM for Parsons and #4...I think that's the reason he is not opting in before draft actually...
skywalker33

Post#96 » by skywalker33 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:22 pm

psimanic1 wrote:But if he opts in, we can trade him to MEM for Parsons and #4...I think that's the reason he is not opting in before draft actually...

I agree but after he opts in, it doesn't matter. It does feel like he's hold us hostage though

RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,248

Post#97 » by RRFB » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:13 pm

Read on Twitter

Well that settles that. Time to move some salary.
skywalker33

Post#98 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:12 pm

RRFB wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not the news I wanted to hear, but not unexpected. Hope he likes sitting on the bench :evil:

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#99 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:38 am

skywalker33 wrote:
RRFB wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not the news I wanted to hear, but not unexpected. Hope he likes sitting on the bench :evil:

He won't be sitting on the bench - Malone likes him. He proved that last year when Chandler had a rather poor year - poor for him.
Riko
Rookie
And1: 685

Post#100 » by Riko » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:45 am

RRFB wrote:
Read on Twitter

Incredible lacks of respect. He opts in after the draft so he has even less value. He should rot on the bench..
And it is not time to move salaries, it is time kroenke open the wallet.

Return to Denver Nuggets