Wilson Chandler

Moderator: THE J0KER

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Wilson Chandler 

Post#61 » by NuggetsWY » Wed May 2, 2018 10:40 pm

Rocketsbaby wrote:... thats why i think he makes more sense at the deadline... say Tatum goes down for the year and Boston is looking at playing Semi Ojeyele in the playoffs. Chandler looks like an allstar next to him.

That's what everyone was saying last year too. 8-)
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#62 » by The Rebel » Wed May 2, 2018 10:40 pm

skywalker33 wrote:I'd think if Chandler is going to opt out he should do so early to get in on what money might be available to hi to beat the competition. I think his versatility is one of his bigger selling points, hope people avoid looking at his last game of this season though.

He doesn't have to opt out to have his agent start finding out what is out there for him, while against the rules, we all know that they are doing their research now.

Also one other thing I would like to add to the argument that everybody seems to be ignoring is that Chandler has a long injury history, it was only 3 years ago that he was out for the season. So all this projecting about only needing a $12-15 million contract to make the difference on an MLE deal signed this year is ignoring the fact that if he has another bad injury he may never get another deal.
Rocketsbaby
Sixth Man
And1: 1,114

Post#63 » by Rocketsbaby » Wed May 2, 2018 10:56 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
Rocketsbaby wrote:... thats why i think he makes more sense at the deadline... say Tatum goes down for the year and Boston is looking at playing Semi Ojeyele in the playoffs. Chandler looks like an allstar next to him.

Yeah but there is a HUGE difference in taking on a guy on an expiring deal and a guy with one more year behind it... I mean Chandler could have fallen off a cliff this year or torn an achilles or some other devastating knee injury.. and then you're stuck with an awful player and paying him $20-$25m depending on when you traded for him.

Now if you trade at the deadline you get a chance to see how he's playing for the first 40 games of the season and you're only on the hook for $5-$8 million Chandler just isn't a guy who helps you a lot in the regular season. He's just a minutes eater. He doesn't make your team any better if you're trying to build a 50 game winner (he can make a bad team better for sure) or make you anymore marketable or exciting to watch. But when rotations shorten in the playoffs and series stretch out to 7 games and fatigue/injuries set in you could do a LOT worse than rolling with Wilson Chandler. ALready this postseason we've seen guys like Shabazz Muhammad, Jason Terry, Tony Snell, Derrick Rose, Greg Monroe, Nick Young, Semi Ojeyele, Lance Stephenson, Rodney Hood, Jordan Clarkson, Evan Turner, JR Smith, Rajon Rondo, Gorgeous Dong, Cheick Diallo, Justin Anderson, an injured Maurice Harkless, recovering Solomon Hill, washed up Tony Parker, washed up dwayne wade, markieff morris, and recovering Ryan Anderson get important playoff minutes.

There are others but I'm sure you get the point. New Orleans would die to have Wilson Chandler on their bench right now.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#64 » by The Rebel » Wed May 2, 2018 11:19 pm

Rocketsbaby wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Rocketsbaby wrote:

Well it's certainly not clear cut either way. As a nuggets fan i would definitely be hoping for him to opt out as I think he's a thoroughly uninteresting player. I don't think he's worth anywhere near the full MLE but given the talent available and GM's propensity for making poor decisions I dont doubt that he could get it if he opts out. If he opts out I think it would be because he has the assurance someone is offering him the full MLE... if he can't get that I think he opts in. Just my opinion.

In recap:

If he opts out i think he will get full MLE.

If he opts in he may have decided $13m this year and go for the full MLE next year... or he may have not been offered full MLE

So now you're aware of what we've been aware of for awhile now, you're always welcome to jump in other threads here. Appreciate your content and banter, always nice to have outside view points that aren't meant to degrade.

Wonder what teams you think Wilson would look good on ??

I think Wilson is really a stopgap guy... You've almost got to play him with your starting lineup unless your backup PG is a Shabazz Napier, JJ Barea type who can initiate offense because Chandler completely lacks enough of a combination of scoring/playmaking ability. I really think that's why he has to play PF because he doesn't shoot THAT well or offer enough elsewhere to be a very effective SF. So basically I think a team like New York Knicks where they are playing Porzingis out of position at PF they could slide him to C and Chandler to PF... they'd need a playmaking PG or SF of course but i think they are working on that this offseason. I'm really only looking at Chandler if I NEED forward depth desperately... thats why i think he makes more sense at the deadline... say Tatum goes down for the year and Boston is looking at playing Semi Ojeyele in the playoffs. Chandler looks like an allstar next to him.

Much better ways for the Nuggets to spend their money this offseason:

Well your biggest needs are Power Forward (just kidding lol), Small Forward, and backup PG.

I'd definitely use the bulk of the money addressing SF. Barton can play there a LITTLE bit, Torrey Craig a little, Trey Lyles a little, or Juancho as well... but you need a legit 28 min type SF that IS GOOD badly. Not just a guy who can soak up minutes, but a guy who can really make a positive impact on the game. Barton is better at SG, Craig is just average, Lyles is solid but better at PF, and Juancho is a total wild card after this past year...

I'd be a fan of Mbah Moute and Ariza obviously, and they may come available if Houston has plans to add a major free agent. Both of these guys would help your defense immensely and they are the type of guys who can space the floor and give Denver the outside shooting they crave. Paul Millsap needs to be on the block to be effective offensively, not the perimeter. So spacing is incredibly important out of their SF.

Beyond those two I think you'd be better going off with a much younger option who can grow alongside your core. I really like Royce O'Neal, Jerami Grant (okc), and Josh Huestis in that order. Royce prob gets retained by the Jazz but I could definitely see Grant being easy to snatch away from a tight budget in OKC. He's a lowkey good two way player that I think will continue to grow in the right situation. He has positional versatility as well.

Backup PG has so many options. Denver has a lot of playmaking from other sources so that opens up loads of possibilities. I like several guys... namely Van Vleet (Toronto roster is pricy and this guy is awesome), Yogi Ferrell (great defender), Raul Neto (ditto), Shane Larkin (extremely pesky defender), Shabazz Napier (coming into his own offensively)... all of these guys could be had on decent deals and offer the ability to play in the backcourt alongside Murray for stretches. You could also do worse than Jose Calderon (coming off a nice season) or Trey Burke (offense was spectacular, defense sucks).

Perhaps Faried and Chandler really get themselves into shape to try to cash in on one more deal and become viable contributors or trade bait. I see Faried as more of what Nene Hilario has become. A guy who you could put alongside a great playmaking guard in the PNR and get him in space where he can use his athleticism to finish/draw fouls.

Denver looks like a 50+ game winner to me next season if they can address SF, retain Barton, and add a solid backup PG. Murray really blossomed at the Point Guard spot. He's already one of the best offensive players in the league, he just really needs to figure out what he's doing on defense. Harris is a great player. I don't think Jokic was used effectively enough on offense this year. He's simply too talented in the post to have him on the perimeter every single possession.

Denver should really just go ahead and spend the money this year while they can and not worry about the long term ramifications. They have PLENTY of ways to shed salary this year and next in a pinch as they have attractive youngsters, RFA's, expiring deals, and decent draft pick capital...

The worst thing they can do is let this summer go to waste and then just end up capped out as the extensions start to kick in completely stuck with a 45-50 win roster for the forseeable future that might not be good enough to make the playoffs.

Chandler can create for himself very well and you saying he can't really makes me question how much you actually know about him. He is not going to create for others but how many SFs really do? Chandler's calling card has always been defense while being a capable 3rd option or 4th option for a really good team, he is still more than capable of being that, as even this year he was very effective on defense when he felt like playing.

Spend the money to resign Barton, sign a SF, sign a backup PG, and sign Jokic to his max deal? From the looks of things you are a Rockets fan, so maybe you do not know the reality of small market teams and you obviously do not understand how the salary cap works. The Nuggets have only went into the luxury tax 3 times in their history, and they have never been more than $5 million into the tax. If Chandler opts in and they give Jokic a max deal they will be $10 million into the luxury tax.

In the new CBA you cannot just trade a guy at the deadline and save yourself the cap/tax room.

LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN ONLY LOUDER AS I HAVE SAID IT SEVERAL TIMES IN THIS VERY THREAD, YOU CANNOT TRADE A GUY AT THE TRADE DEADLINE AND SAVE THE TAX MONEY. The new CBA is based on the total money that a team pays out from July 1st through June 30th, or the entire NBA calendar year. Meaning with most contracts in the NBA you would only save 25% of the money due after the trade deadline even if you trade a guy with nothing coming back.

The only way to go out and get a new starting SF, a backup PG, and either resign Barton or replace him will likely put the Nuggets $30 million into the luxury tax, I would bet that never happens. Any deals that they make to reshape the roster will come from trades before the start of the season, or we will have another unbalanced roster throughout next season.
Rocketsbaby
Sixth Man

Post#65 » by Rocketsbaby » Wed May 2, 2018 11:34 pm

Okay, I definitely didnt catch the new thing where you can't make moves at the deadline to get under the tax.

Well then if I had to make the decision between adding a SF and retaining Barton I would go with the SF. Barton is what he is at this point. I think Beasley is a relatively nice player at the 2 guard and there are a LOT of cheap guards floating around in free agency this year. I don't think a guy like Yogi Ferrell is getting more than like 2/$10-$12 and he'd be a great addition. With Jokic and Murray you can stagger their minutes so that you don't really need an offensive sparkplug at backup PG.

Barton seems important because he goes off for 28 some nights, but he has a lot of really bad games too. And his iso shtick is not going to be very effective against good/great defensive teams in the playoffs... like you aren't getting by Houston or Golden State by going ISO Will Barton for 15 possessions... he's got the kind of game that's explosive vs the Orlando Magic or Phoenix Suns but not as effective against organized defense.

Between Murray/Jokic the Nuggets problem is certainly not offense. So I think a defensive contributor is more important than Will Barton.

Wilson Chandler in my opinion is a much better PF than SF. Since you guys are already overloaded with PF you cant really "unlock" his optimal value at PF.

The Plumlee deal hurts because there are going to be plenty of cheap big men flooding the market this year.

If staying under the luxury tax is ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE I'd definitely look at moving a future first round pick to shed enough salary so that you could go out there and sign a long term solution at Small Forward during this off-season of bargains. You guys already have a ton of depth and you really need to increase your Top End talent more than worry about what will probably be a pick in the 20's if you add talent.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by NuggetsWY » Wed May 2, 2018 11:51 pm

Rocketsbaby wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

Yeah but there is a HUGE difference in taking on a guy on an expiring deal and a guy with one more year behind it... I mean Chandler could have fallen off a cliff this year or torn an achilles or some other devastating knee injury.. and then you're stuck with an awful player and paying him $20-$25m depending on when you traded for him.

Now if you trade at the deadline you get a chance to see how he's playing for the first 40 games of the season and you're only on the hook for $5-$8 million Chandler just isn't a guy who helps you a lot in the regular season. He's just a minutes eater. He doesn't make your team any better if you're trying to build a 50 game winner (he can make a bad team better for sure) or make you anymore marketable or exciting to watch. But when rotations shorten in the playoffs and series stretch out to 7 games and fatigue/injuries set in you could do a LOT worse than rolling with Wilson Chandler. ALready this postseason we've seen guys like Shabazz Muhammad, Jason Terry, Tony Snell, Derrick Rose, Greg Monroe, Nick Young, Semi Ojeyele, Lance Stephenson, Rodney Hood, Jordan Clarkson, Evan Turner, JR Smith, Rajon Rondo, Gorgeous Dong, Cheick Diallo, Justin Anderson, an injured Maurice Harkless, recovering Solomon Hill, washed up Tony Parker, washed up dwayne wade, markieff morris, and recovering Ryan Anderson get important playoff minutes.

There are others but I'm sure you get the point. New Orleans would die to have Wilson Chandler on their bench right now.

Yup, I get your point but I think you missed mine. The Nuggets' front office appears to be afraid to pull the trigger on any trade of any significance. How do they rank things as significant? It appears to be based on how much money they are paying a guy. Just look at their last few trades. Look past Mudiay and Nurkic.

I just don't believe in our front office.
Rocketsbaby
Sixth Man

Post#67 » by Rocketsbaby » Thu May 3, 2018 12:10 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
Rocketsbaby wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:That's what everyone was saying last year too. 8-)

Yup, I get your point but I think you missed mine. The Nuggets' front office appears to be afraid to pull the trigger on any trade of any significance. How do they rank things as significant? It appears to be based on how much money they are paying a guy. Just look at their last few trades. Look past Mudiay and Nurkic.

I mean they were very actively trying to get Blake Griffin, Paul Millsap, and Paul George the past few years via trade so I wouldn't say they were scared to make a move. I just think the contracts of Faried, Chandler, and Arthur were too unattractive for other teams to take on when they had multiple years remaining. I think now that they are expiring deals and there are a lot of great free agent options coming up next year they would be much easier to move.

I don't even think it's a bad idea to move this year's first round pick... like you could swap your first rounder and ken faried for someone who has a non-guaranteed deal and cut him then use the space to sign a good long term SF... or for a good Small Forward on a team looking to rebuild or get out from under the tax.

I really think the cap goes up more than expected these next two or three years which means the luxury tax line will grow alongside it. You've got huge ratings growth, guys like Doncic expanding the international market growth, jersey advertisements, and the NBA just becoming better at monetizing the league... i mean it's literally in the news year round now.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by NuggetsWY » Thu May 3, 2018 12:19 am

Rocketsbaby wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
Rocketsbaby wrote:Yeah but there is a HUGE difference in taking on a guy on an expiring deal and a guy with one more year behind it... I mean Chandler could have fallen off a cliff this year or torn an achilles or some other devastating knee injury.. and then you're stuck with an awful player and paying him $20-$25m depending on when you traded for him.

I mean they were very actively trying to get Blake Griffin, Paul Millsap, and Paul George the past few years via trade so I wouldn't say they were scared to make a move. I just think the contracts of Faried, Chandler, and Arthur were too unattractive for other teams to take on when they had multiple years remaining. I think now that they are expiring deals and there are a lot of great free agent options coming up next year they would be much easier to move.

I don't even think it's a bad idea to move this year's first round pick... like you could swap your first rounder and ken faried for someone who has a non-guaranteed deal and cut him then use the space to sign a good long term SF... or for a good Small Forward on a team looking to rebuild or get out from under the tax.

I really think the cap goes up more than expected these next two or three years which means the luxury tax line will grow alongside it. You've got huge ratings growth, guys like Doncic expanding the international market growth, jersey advertisements, and the NBA just becoming better at monetizing the league... i mean it's literally in the news year round now.

Making noise is not the same as actually actively trying to acquire ...
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by The Rebel » Thu May 3, 2018 1:11 am

Rocketsbaby wrote:Okay, I definitely didnt catch the new thing where you can't make moves at the deadline to get under the tax.

Well then if I had to make the decision between adding a SF and retaining Barton I would go with the SF. Barton is what he is at this point. I think Beasley is a relatively nice player at the 2 guard and there are a LOT of cheap guards floating around in free agency this year. I don't think a guy like Yogi Ferrell is getting more than like 2/$10-$12 and he'd be a great addition. With Jokic and Murray you can stagger their minutes so that you don't really need an offensive sparkplug at backup PG.

Barton seems important because he goes off for 28 some nights, but he has a lot of really bad games too. And his iso shtick is not going to be very effective against good/great defensive teams in the playoffs... like you aren't getting by Houston or Golden State by going ISO Will Barton for 15 possessions... he's got the kind of game that's explosive vs the Orlando Magic or Phoenix Suns but not as effective against organized defense.

Between Murray/Jokic the Nuggets problem is certainly not offense. So I think a defensive contributor is more important than Will Barton.

Wilson Chandler in my opinion is a much better PF than SF. Since you guys are already overloaded with PF you cant really "unlock" his optimal value at PF.

The Plumlee deal hurts because there are going to be plenty of cheap big men flooding the market this year.

If staying under the luxury tax is ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE I'd definitely look at moving a future first round pick to shed enough salary so that you could go out there and sign a long term solution at Small Forward during this off-season of bargains. You guys already have a ton of depth and you really need to increase your Top End talent more than worry about what will probably be a pick in the 20's if you add talent.

We don't know how much the team is going to be allowed to be over the tax line, but you are significantly underrating what cap space will cost next year. While there are 22 teams with the full MLE capabilities, there are only 11 teams that can even get to more than $10 million in cap space this year, teams are looking to fill holes with the MLE, with raw cap space teams are looking to build their core/team for the most part. Last year it cost a Russel to dump 2 future years off of Mozgov and get a late 1st back. Crawford was paid $11 million on an expiring and the Hawks were given a 1st round pick for him. Last year there was about $400 million in cap space for 17 teams, this year is likely going to be 5 or 6 teams with a total of $280 million projected in cap space, how much do you think that will affect the value of the cap space? I think it will cost 2 picks to move a $12-14 million dollar cap pick or a really good 1st round pick. The Nuggets would have to clear about $35 million in salary cap to use the full MLE.

This is the year for the MLE type guys to find teams, they have lots of options there, but the teams that have cap space are going after the big names and there is not a ton of cap space to overpay the next tiers. Guys like Chandler will likely get MLEs fairly quickly, while the guys like Favors are going to be sitting out there hoping that they are the next choice for their prior team or one of the cap room teams decide they want them. They are not going to see bidding wars.

I may have been the 1st one on this board to say that the Plumlee deal was going to screw us, and it is this year. The options for this year are to pay possibly 6 1st and 2nd round picks to clear cap space for Barton a Chandler type guy, or trades where we get worse future deals or talent downgrades this summer where we save money. If Chandler opts in this team is pretty screwed.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by The Rebel » Thu May 3, 2018 12:51 pm

Rocketsbaby wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
Rocketsbaby wrote:Yeah but there is a HUGE difference in taking on a guy on an expiring deal and a guy with one more year behind it... I mean Chandler could have fallen off a cliff this year or torn an achilles or some other devastating knee injury.. and then you're stuck with an awful player and paying him $20-$25m depending on when you traded for him.

The reason they did not trade for Griffin, Millsap, or George actually have nothing to do with the way they valued Faried, Chandler, or Arthur. Now they likely did overvalue Chandler and Faried, as there were rumors that they wanted the 9th overall pick for Faried just 2 years ago, and they were wanted a good 1st round pick just a year ago for Chandler. Arthur to my knowledge has never even been in a trade rumor since he got here. However they did not trade for Griffin because Doc was insisting on Jokic being in the deal. They did not trade for Millsap as it was obvious that the Hawks were going to let him walk, yet they were wanting 1st round picks and a couple of young guys for him. George they did not get because it was widely reported that George had no interest in coming here and the Pacers were insisting on Harris and a 1st at a minimum which would have been a bad deal considering the circumstances.

I agree with you that the cap is likely to go up more than projected, but the tv ratings have no part in that. The biggest factor is that there are more playoff games likely to happen, which generate something like $7 million per game 10 extra games will mean at least $1 million more in cap space this year, and that league pass sales were up 44% this year. The tv deal was signed a couple of years ago and feature guaranteed payments with no adjustment for ratings, which in a up year sucks but a down year is a good thing.

The issue is that the cap was already projected to take an above average jump this year at a little over 3%, so how much of that was figured into the projections is really unknown at this point. What we do know is that it is not going to jump near enough to compensate for Connelly's terrible salary planning and the cap restraints that this team is already facing.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by NuggetsWY » Thu May 3, 2018 1:50 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Rocketsbaby wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Yup, I get your point but I think you missed mine. The Nuggets' front office appears to be afraid to pull the trigger on any trade of any significance. How do they rank things as significant? It appears to be based on how much money they are paying a guy. Just look at their last few trades. Look past Mudiay and Nurkic.

The reason they did not trade for Griffin, Millsap, or George actually have nothing to do with the way they valued Faried, Chandler, or Arthur. Now they likely did overvalue Chandler and Faried, as there were rumors that they wanted the 9th overall pick for Faried just 2 years ago, and they were wanted a good 1st round pick just a year ago for Chandler. Arthur to my knowledge has never even been in a trade rumor since he got here. However they did not trade for Griffin because Doc was insisting on Jokic being in the deal. They did not trade for Millsap as it was obvious that the Hawks were going to let him walk, yet they were wanting 1st round picks and a couple of young guys for him. George they did not get because it was widely reported that George had no interest in coming here and the Pacers were insisting on Harris and a 1st at a minimum which would have been a bad deal considering the circumstances.

I agree with you that the cap is likely to go up more than projected, but the tv ratings have no part in that. The biggest factor is that there are more playoff games likely to happen, which generate something like $7 million per game 10 extra games will mean at least $1 million more in cap space this year, and that league pass sales were up 44% this year. The tv deal was signed a couple of years ago and feature guaranteed payments with no adjustment for ratings, which in a up year sucks but a down year is a good thing.

The issue is that the cap was already projected to take an above average jump this year at a little over 3%, so how much of that was figured into the projections is really unknown at this point. What we do know is that it is not going to jump near enough to compensate for Connelly's terrible salary planning and the cap restraints that this team is already facing.

My point was simply that the Nuggets made noise about trying to sign big name free agents or trade for big names, but there was very little likely hood of any of those actually happening. It was all talk. Eventually they felt like they had to do something, anything, so they signed Millsap even though at that time they already had 5 PFs plus Plumlee and Chandler, both of whom Malone likes to play next to Jokic.

I like Millsap and think he brings value (except for the injury). But in my mind they looked like the little boy who boasted too much and finally had do to something - even if it wasn't a good thing.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#72 » by psimanic1 » Thu May 3, 2018 7:35 pm

What about Evan Fournier...can he play SF? Would ORL take Faried and #14 for him? Would you give it for him?
Better to get player we can use tham just use #14 to dump a contract and move back in the draft?
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#73 » by skywalker33 » Fri May 4, 2018 2:21 am

psimanic1 wrote:What about Evan Fournier...can he play SF? Would ORL take Faried and #14 for him? Would you give it for him?
Better to get player we can use tham just use #14 to dump a contract and move back in the draft?

No, if we take on Fournier we add $4M this year and another $17M next year, we'd be over the luxury cap for two year getting us in HUGE financial trouble.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#74 » by NuggetsWY » Fri May 4, 2018 5:01 am

skywalker33 wrote:
psimanic1 wrote:What about Evan Fournier...can he play SF? Would ORL take Faried and #14 for him? Would you give it for him?

No, if we take on Fournier we add $4M this year and another $17M next year, we'd be over the luxury cap for two year getting us in HUGE financial trouble.

I'd actually love grabbing Fournier - it it wasn't for that contract. :lol:
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Post#75 » by JazzUte88 » Sat May 5, 2018 3:44 pm

Wilson is a player that could be on Utah's radar if Favor's decides to sign elsewhere and Wilson decides he wants to leave Denver.

I'm not a huge fan of Chandler, but he can bring some things to the table for 8-10 million for a season or two (maybe) if he wants to give up the money.
skywalker33

Post#76 » by skywalker33 » Sun May 6, 2018 12:23 am

UtahJazzFan88 wrote:Wilson is a player that could be on Utah's radar if Favor's decides to sign elsewhere and Wilson decides he wants to leave Denver.

I'm not a huge fan of Chandler, but he can bring some things to the table for 8-10 million for a season or two (maybe) if he wants to give up the money.

Jazz should be all over this, whenever DEN/UTH create a transaction, all we hear is Utah trolls over here. :banghead:

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by The Rebel » Tue May 8, 2018 5:47 pm

UtahJazzFan88 wrote:Wilson is a player that could be on Utah's radar if Favor's decides to sign elsewhere and Wilson decides he wants to leave Denver.

HE will likely be looking for a 3 or 4 year deal to walk away from next years deal, but I would bet there are teams that will give it to him. As much as it seems like Chandler has been in the NBA forever he is still just 29 years old, so he should have 2-3 good years left if he decides he wants to play hard again.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Post#78 » by JazzUte88 » Tue May 8, 2018 10:17 pm

I don't want him for 3 years in Utah but I imagine that he will want a long term deal.
skywalker33

Post#79 » by skywalker33 » Wed May 9, 2018 1:14 am

UtahJazzFan88 wrote:I don't want him for 3 years in Utah but I imagine that he will want a long term deal.

I can't see him getting more than that, 2yr with a 3rd TO is best he's gonna get IMO

Riko
Rookie
And1: 685

Post#80 » by Riko » Sat May 26, 2018 8:38 am

This is incredible that there is still no news... I hope he doesn't decide in the last possible day, wuold be an absurd lack of respect for a team that paid him over 50 million in the last 7 years.

Return to Denver Nuggets