ImageImageImage

2017 offseason

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Re: 2017 offseason 

Post#981 » by skywalker33 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:26 pm

So I've heard quite a few Nuggets are training together, anyone know of who is there ??
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#982 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:08 pm

skywalker33 wrote:So I've heard quite a few Nuggets are training together, anyone know of who is there ??

I've been watching for that this summer, but there's not been a lot of news.
We know Jokic is working out - in Serbia. :wink:
Reports are that Mudiay has been working out pretty serious in Denver and then went to the Africa game and Malone was with him.
There was a report of Millsap working out at the center he went to when he was a kid.

Other reports of Nuggets around town but not sure if they are working out together. Most of these guys work out where ever they go and since the Nuggets have a decent facility, no doubt they work out there sometimes and they probably keep track of each other, more or less, so they might hook up. But that's mostly speculation that you've made as well.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#983 » by The Rebel » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:43 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:So I've heard quite a few Nuggets are training together, anyone know of who is there ??

I've been watching for that this summer, but there's not been a lot of news.
We know Jokic is working out - in Serbia. :wink:
Reports are that Mudiay has been working out pretty serious in Denver and then went to the Africa game and Malone was with him.
There was a report of Millsap working out at the center he went to when he was a kid.

Other reports of Nuggets around town but not sure if they are working out together. Most of these guys work out where ever they go and since the Nuggets have a decent facility, no doubt they work out there sometimes and they probably keep track of each other, more or less, so they might hook up. But that's mostly speculation that you've made as well.

Murray, Harris, and Beasley have all said they were working out in Denver during interviews. I think I saw an article on Faried saying he was here working on his jumper.
skywalker33

Post#984 » by skywalker33 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:42 am

Wonder if Milsap is training with his new teammates ??

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#985 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:20 am

https://www.denverstiffs.com/2017/7/21/16008476/30-20
Nice article about what the Nuggets could have done last year and what they should/shouldn't do this year.
skywalker33

Post#986 » by skywalker33 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:47 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:https://www.denverstiffs.com/2017/7/21/16008476/30-20
Nice article about what the Nuggets could have done last year and what they should/shouldn't do this year.

Don't know that I'd call that an article as much as an opinionated fan post, but it does have some merit. Disagree with how invaluable Plumlee can be but it wa well written. To me, our posters seem to be just as in tune as that author.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#987 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:13 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:https://www.denverstiffs.com/2017/7/21/16008476/30-20

Don't know that I'd call that an article as much as an opinionated fan post, but it does have some merit. Disagree with how invaluable Plumlee can be but it wa well written. To me, our posters seem to be just as in tune as that author.

Agreed - not professional, but I liked it - mostly. I also see more value in Plumlee but the rest of it is pretty close to my opinion.
skywalker33

Post#988 » by skywalker33 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:42 pm

Still surprises me Plumlee isn't signed yet.

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,760

Post#989 » by TunaFish » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:30 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Still surprises me Plumlee isn't signed yet.

His agent will hold off until they are sure he won't receive a better offer. Probably, he will be signed by Denver at the start of training camp but he could just take the QO.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#990 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:23 pm

TunaFish wrote:

His agent will hold off until they are sure he won't receive a better offer. Probably, he will be signed by Denver at the start of training camp but he could just take the QO.

Plus, from Denver's perspective, it's just driving his price down.
skywalker33

Post#991 » by skywalker33 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:11 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
TunaFish wrote:

I think the Nuggets have a price in mind and won't go below that, while we all know how cheap the Nuggets are, they still have to hold face with players, their own and future FA's

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,760

Post#992 » by TunaFish » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:34 am

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
TunaFish wrote:

I think the Nuggets have a price in mind and won't go below that, while we all know how cheap the Nuggets are, they still have to hold face with players, their own and future FA's

This an interesting test for all the restricted fee agents. The market is being driven by available cap space and there is not a lot left.
Canned in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#993 » by The Rebel » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:19 am

I wonder if this is the type of culture that Malone is trying to establish here, and he is having trouble getting some of the guys who have been here prior to him to buy in. It would explain a lot, and makes a lot of sense in why so many of them have lost so much weight the last year or two.

http://hoopshype.com/2017/04/27/a-behind-the-scenes-look-at-the-miami-heats-intense-culture/

Personally I think that is one reason that the Warriors are so much better they have just worked harder to develop their talents and keep their conditioning under Jackson who was more of a throwback old school style coach, and followed up by Kerr who got the younger guys to buy in with his history of working while with the Bulls. The only one that was highly thought of and drafted highly was Durant, and we all know the story on that. Miller would have been a great voice to have in the locker room in that case, and Millsap was not what most thought to be a great talent but has became an all star through hard work.

If he can get this roster to truly buy in and work that hard we could have a special team in a year or two.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#994 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:29 pm

The Rebel wrote:I wonder if this is the type of culture that Malone is trying to establish here, and he is having trouble getting some of the guys who have been here prior to him to buy in. It would explain a lot, and makes a lot of sense in why so many of them have lost so much weight the last year or two.

http://hoopshype.com/2017/04/27/a-behind-the-scenes-look-at-the-miami-heats-intense-culture/

Personally I think that is one reason that the Warriors are so much better they have just worked harder to develop their talents and keep their conditioning under Jackson who was more of a throwback old school style coach, and followed up by Kerr who got the younger guys to buy in with his history of working while with the Bulls. The only one that was highly thought of and drafted highly was Durant, and we all know the story on that. Miller would have been a great voice to have in the locker room in that case, and Millsap was not what most thought to be a great talent but has became an all star through hard work.

If he can get this roster to truly buy in and work that hard we could have a special team in a year or two.

James Johnson is from Cheyenne and I speak to his father a few times each year. He had commented that James was in the best condition of his life, but I had no idea this was why - probably is the reason. He also said James was enjoying being in such great physical condition, especially because his play has improved and James like that.

Last year, during the pre-season, there was a video of the players running laps in a swimming pool. It made sense and I didn't think much of it except to think "that's the first NBA team I've heard of doing that". The old "Doug Moe philosophy" of run-run-run worked at altitude because even if the other team outscored you in the first half, the Nuggets could win the game in the second half. Conditioning can make a difference, especially when other teams are not in as good of condition.

Nice article.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#995 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:03 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Wonder if Milsap is training with his new teammates ??

http://bsndenver.com/sources-nuggets-descend-upon-atlanta-for-paul-millsap-organized-mini-camp/

Remember when Nelson first came on board and had everyone take a social week at his place/at his expense? I liked that.
Millsap's organized a mini-camp. I like that.

I wonder if anyone will ever do this kind of stuff on a regular basis? That would be good for the team!
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#996 » by MHZ » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:48 pm

I'll go ahead and throw out that Jokic not spending any time over here, especially for something like this, is a pretty big bummer.

I don't blame him for spending time at home, but I'd like to hear he's a little more plugged in with the team or his teammates than he has been. Would love to hear he's made a couple trips to the US to be at the facilities or take part in a players-only mini-camp.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#997 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:47 pm

MHZ wrote:I'll go ahead and throw out that Jokic not spending any time over here, especially for something like this, is a pretty big bummer.

I don't blame him for spending time at home, but I'd like to hear he's a little more plugged in with the team or his teammates than he has been. Would love to hear he's made a couple trips to the US to be at the facilities or take part in a players-only mini-camp.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. Maybe if they had planned this mini-camp earlier, he would have changed his plans. It's understandable that he wants to spend time back home. Their family seems close. But, as you say, ...
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#998 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:47 am

https://www.denverstiffs.com/2017/8/17/16162302/kenneth-faried-headlining-lupus-charity-event-denver-nuggets
For those who can go; here's a charity event that is for a great cause and looks like it will be fun.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#999 » by The Rebel » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:23 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
MHZ wrote:I'll go ahead and throw out that Jokic not spending any time over here, especially for something like this, is a pretty big bummer.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. Maybe if they had planned this mini-camp earlier, he would have changed his plans. It's understandable that he wants to spend time back home. Their family seems close. But, as you say, ...

If I remember a couple of years ago Jokic was having trouble with getting his Visa in a hurry, he may not be able to get here due to travel visa problems.
skywalker33

Post#1000 » by skywalker33 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:16 pm

If CHI releases him, what do you guys think about picking up DWade. Allows us to trade Barton while keeping some scoring off the bench, thoughts ?

Return to Denver Nuggets