ImageImageImage

Trade ideas thread

Moderator: THE J0KER

Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Re: Trade ideas thread 

Post#441 » by Powder Blue » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:01 am

Wiggins a lil nicer than anything we or suns can offer in one player but we can build better packages

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach
And1: 2,296

Post#442 » by Nuggets_Talk » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:06 am

Powder Blue wrote:Wiggins a lil nicer than anything we or suns can offer in one player but we can build better packages

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

yup. I guess minnesota would play kyrie and teague in the backcourt?

if minnesota offers wiggins, its probably a done deal.

makes me question all the "treating your players so well and developing a good culture" stuff that the nuggets FO keeps chirping about. every team treats players like assets - they will dump them in a second if it helps the franchise.

we treat players waaay too nicely, often at the detriment of the franchise success, and its not that important. minnesota says they love wiggins, and hes a core player, but they might dump him for kyrie. why? more wins.

we helped melo, lawson, nurkic...all of whom treated us like crap. but we made trades to help them. the melo deal ended up helping us but we have to stop putting these players ahead of the team. no agent or player looks at how nice a franchise is to players. our image isnt getting us any extra wins.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#443 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:15 am

Irving, Kyrie Irving, great scorer from 3pt, intermediate, at the basket, under pressure, big-game shooter --- I agree. How come we aren't hearing about his defense? I thought Denver was going to emphasize defense this off-season. Granted we got Millsap and there's nothing wrong with his defense. However, we added a rookie that has only played zone and now we want Irving? We'd better be the best scoring team in the league - by a LOT if we want to make the playoffs. :lol: But if we don't trade off Murray (and hopefully not Harris or Hernangomez), I think we just might be able to have the #1 offense. :roll:
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#444 » by skywalker33 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:19 am

Nuggets_Talk wrote:I wonder who cleveland values higher - suns young guys (jackson, bender, chriss) or ours (harris, murray, juancho)

Well, CLE only really has Bender and Chriss to evaluate from the Suns for young assets and they both project/play the PF position, both would be playing behind Love. Bender could play the C position but that's not in the immediate future IMO. Jackson has already been taken off the table by the Suns so given that I'd say we're a little closer to the driver seat given that premise.

Now Bledsoe is something of an enigma, he'd play the PG position better than Murray for the Cavs right now but his injury history truly limits his value in a trade. Murray isn't as experienced but is 7 years younger and has already shown a tolerance to play thru the pain. Seems his value would be higher to a rebuild, which seems inevitable in CLE.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#445 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:55 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:I wonder who cleveland values higher - suns young guys (jackson, bender, chriss) or ours (harris, murray, juancho)

Well, CLE only really has Bender and Chriss to evaluate from the Suns for young assets and they both project/play the PF position, both would be playing behind Love. Bender could play the C position but that's not in the immediate future IMO. Jackson has already been taken off the table by the Suns so given that I'd say we're a little closer to the driver seat given that premise.

Now Bledsoe is something of an enigma, he'd play the PG position better than Murray for the Cavs right now but his injury history truly limits his value in a trade. Murray isn't as experienced but is 7 years younger and has already shown a tolerance to play thru the pain. Seems his value would be higher to a rebuild, which seems inevitable in CLE.

Isn't it funny how Murray is not good enough to play PG for the Jokic-centric Nuggets, where he'd be more of a catch-and-shoot player but he's good enough at PG that Cleveland would want him to be a catch-and-shoot player?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#446 » by The Rebel » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:44 pm

I have been against bringing in Kyrie, but now reportedly the Suns will not offer Booker, Jackson, or Chriss and the Twolves are said to be considering but have not put Wiggins on the table at this point, so if the price is going to be that cheap he may be worthwhile. To me Chris is not a better prospect that Hernangomez, and no way do I see anyway he is worth more than Harris or Murray, so it may not take more than Mudiay plus one of Beasley, Lydon, or Lyles with a pick or two to go along with Chandler and Faried for Kyrie. at that price it may be worthwhile.

;t=7m58s
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#447 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:51 pm

The Rebel wrote:I have been against bringing in Kyrie, but now reportedly the Suns will not offer Booker, Jackson, or Chriss and the Twolves are said to be considering but have not put Wiggins on the table at this point, so if the price is going to be that cheap he may be worthwhile. To me Chris is not a better prospect that Hernangomez, and no way do I see anyway he is worth more than Harris or Murray, so it may not take more than Mudiay plus one of Beasley, Lydon, or Lyles with a pick or two to go along with Chandler and Faried for Kyrie. at that price it may be worthwhile.

At that price, I'd love adding a great offensive player that spells defense as "time to watch".
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach

Post#448 » by Nuggets_Talk » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:29 pm

The Rebel wrote:I have been against bringing in Kyrie, but now reportedly the Suns will not offer Booker, Jackson, or Chriss and the Twolves are said to be considering but have not put Wiggins on the table at this point, so if the price is going to be that cheap he may be worthwhile. To me Chris is not a better prospect that Hernangomez, and no way do I see anyway he is worth more than Harris or Murray, so it may not take more than Mudiay plus one of Beasley, Lydon, or Lyles with a pick or two to go along with Chandler and Faried for Kyrie. at that price it may be worthwhile.

;t=7m58s

thats obviously an easy yes. itll still take more than that. we dont even know any offers or which teams are even trying to get him.

id offer harris (not murray) and then some vets to match salaries (nelson, barton, chandler, faried) and then either a sweetener like beasley, lyles, lydon or a first (although i imagine lydons value is zero). id like to hang onto juancho if possible.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#449 » by The Rebel » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:41 pm

Nuggets_Talk wrote:

;t=7m58s

thats obviously an easy yes. itll still take more than that. we dont even know any offers or which teams are even trying to get him.

id offer harris (not murray) and then some vets to match salaries (nelson, barton, chandler, faried) and then either a sweetener like beasley, lyles, lydon or a first (although i imagine lydons value is zero). id like to hang onto juancho if possible.

Will it? George was traded for Oladipo and a guy who looked like a bust last year, Butler was traded for a guy out with an ACL injury, a bust with a pick swap while not wanting a trade, and Chris Paul brought back a good starting PG and a prospect. So Mudiay, another prospect, and 2 rotation players with a future 1st is a pretty good package for a team not looking to rebuild any time soon.
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach

Post#450 » by Nuggets_Talk » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:08 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:

;t=7m58s

Will it? George was traded for Oladipo and a guy who looked like a bust last year, Butler was traded for a guy out with an ACL injury, a bust with a pick swap while not wanting a trade, and Chris Paul brought back a good starting PG and a prospect. So Mudiay, another prospect, and 2 rotation players with a future 1st is a pretty good package for a team not looking to rebuild any time soon.

I mean none of us know for sure. is it a guarantee? no, but id say its likely to cost us at least harris.

besides, with kyrie, the minutes for our backcourt decrease and will the kroenkes even pay harris when hes due for his extension soon? you cant pay 4-5 guys each 20 million. so im guessing the nuggets, if they really want kyrie, would be willing to include harris.

but if we can keep harris and start him next to kyrie (without giving up murray, who i would not trade for kyrie - ive changed my tune on that) then of course you take the deal.

im 99.99% sure the cavs would not accpet mudiay, beasley, chander, faried, and a pick for kyrie.
SoCalNuggsFan
Senior
And1: 440

Post#451 » by SoCalNuggsFan » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:58 pm

I think Harris and chandler is a good offer. I'm not 100% sure about the salaries, but I think we have enough space to cover the difference and Cleveland will save a lot in luxury tax. Question is: who plays SF after that.

But Murray and kyrie playing the dribble hand off game with Jokic would be unstoppable. And kyrie gives us that 4th quarter ISO scorer.
skywalker33

Post#452 » by skywalker33 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:16 pm

If we were able to keep both Harris and Murray while getting Irving, can anyone name a more young and talented backcourt ?

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#453 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:51 pm

SoCalNuggsFan wrote:I think Harris and chandler is a good offer. I'm not 100% sure about the salaries, but I think we have enough space to cover the difference and Cleveland will save a lot in luxury tax. Question is: who plays SF after that.

But Murray and kyrie playing the dribble hand off game with Jokic would be unstoppable. And kyrie gives us that 4th quarter ISO scorer.

Well, if we have to trade Chandler, it would be Hernangomez & Barton unless we sign someone and there aren't any SFs out there that would be better. We could live with that though.

If we don't have to trade Harris or Murray, Irving makes that a fearsome guard rotation. With Harris gone, Barton would probably be a backup, hopefully Beasley can fill some minutes and maybe if Mudiay is 100% healthy, we can see some of the flashes from his rookie year. Of course you know that Malone will make Nelson Irving's backup.

But yeah, Murray & Irving with Jokic - great news and I think Irving will adjust his game just fine. My question regarding Irving remains: What happened to the "we need defensive players"?
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach

Post#454 » by Nuggets_Talk » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:22 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
SoCalNuggsFan wrote:I think Harris and chandler is a good offer. I'm not 100% sure about the salaries, but I think we have enough space to cover the difference and Cleveland will save a lot in luxury tax. Question is: who plays SF after that.

Well, if we have to trade Chandler, it would be Hernangomez & Barton unless we sign someone and there aren't any SFs out there that would be better. We could live with that though.

If we don't have to trade Harris or Murray, Irving makes that a fearsome guard rotation. With Harris gone, Barton would probably be a backup, hopefully Beasley can fill some minutes and maybe if Mudiay is 100% healthy, we can see some of the flashes from his rookie year. Of course you know that Malone will make Nelson Irving's backup.

But yeah, Murray & Irving with Jokic - great news and I think Irving will adjust his game just fine. My question regarding Irving remains: What happened to the "we need defensive players"?

our D would be bad...

we would need to win a lot of games 125-122
SoCalNuggsFan
Senior

Post#455 » by SoCalNuggsFan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:30 am

NuggetsWY wrote:

When you can get a 25 year old that good, you just kinda go with it haha.

Maybe expand the trade to include jameer, to give cle PG depth, and shumpert, who cle wants to dump to play a little SF for us? We get a kyrie, Murray, shump, millsap, Jokic starting 5. Cle gets a rose, Harris, lebron, love, Tristan starting 5 with JR and chandler off the bench
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#456 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:46 am

Nuggets_Talk wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:But yeah, Murray & Irving with Jokic - great news and I think Irving will adjust his game just fine. My question regarding Irving remains: What happened to the "we need defensive players"?

our D would be bad...

:lol: Are you sure it wouldn't need to be 145-144? :wink:
SoCalNuggsFan wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:But yeah, Murray & Irving with Jokic - great news and I think Irving will adjust his game just fine. My question regarding Irving remains: What happened to the "we need defensive players"?

Maybe expand the trade to include jameer, to give cle PG depth, and shumpert, who cle wants to dump to play a little SF for us? We get a kyrie, Murray, shump, millsap, Jokic starting 5. Cle gets a rose, Harris, lebron, love, Tristan starting 5 with JR and chandler off the bench

I'd like that. You've got my vote for GM - but only if you can sell it. So get to work. :-?
SoCalNuggsFan
Senior

Post#457 » by SoCalNuggsFan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:07 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:

our D would be bad...

SoCalNuggsFan wrote:

I'd like that. You've got my vote for GM - but only if you can sell it. So get to work. :-?

Ha. Went to the kroenke sports website when I first moved out here. GM wasn't listed as an open job.
skywalker33

Post#458 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:13 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:

our D would be bad...

Did I miss something ???? When did we rehire Paul Westhead :clown:

skywalker33

Post#459 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:21 am

;t=7m58s

There you go again, thinking outside the box. I do have that type of hope given the last two superstar trades, and looking at the state of the current cap space in most teams they possibilities are favorable IMO. However there is also the nagging LBJ voice in the back of my head where he still wants to salvage his CLE hometeam, hope he makes that separation anxiety disassociate itself just as his departure will.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#460 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:26 am

SoCalNuggsFan wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:I'd like that. You've got my vote for GM - but only if you can sell it. So get to work. :-?

Ha. Went to the kroenke sports website when I first moved out here. GM wasn't listed as an open job.

Let's stage a coup! :nod:

Return to Denver Nuggets