ImageImageImage

Trade ideas thread

Moderator: THE J0KER

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,786

Re: Trade ideas thread 

Post#481 » by TunaFish » Thu Aug 3, 2017 4:25 pm

Not surprising that the national press is picking up on the assertion being made here that the Nuggets are not trading both Harris and Murray for Irving.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/08/03/rumor-nuggets-wont-trade-jamal-murray-and-gary-harris-for-kyrie-irving/
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#482 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Aug 3, 2017 4:46 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Harris 32 min Barton 10 min Murray 6 min
Bledsoe 32 min Nelson 16 min

That seems most likely.

Malone liked and respected Miller and Arthur too, but team's new reality cut-off theirs minutes, so 35 old veteran Nelson will lose his spot if Bledsoe level PG comes to Denver, and actually, maybe he should be also involved in this trade. It not will be literally 5 for 1 trade, we can get from Suns 2nd round pick and some G-league level player from whom they gave up (for example Millsap brother).

SF: Chandler/22 + Juancho/16 + Barton/10
SG: Harris/32 + Murray/10 + Barton/6
PG: Bledsoe/32 + Murray/16

Should be you are right - but as I keep saying, I don't believe Malone will cut Nelson out or cut Barton that much. I hope you are right.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#483 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Aug 3, 2017 4:47 pm

TunaFish wrote:Not surprising that the national press is picking up on the assertion being made here that the Nuggets are not trading both Harris and Murray for Irving.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/08/03/rumor-nuggets-wont-trade-jamal-murray-and-gary-harris-for-kyrie-irving/

Last two paragraphs are an excellent summation. I'll paste them here for those that don't want to click the link.

"Both Murray and Harris would be a high price to pay for Irving, but Irving is more valuable than each individually. Even though Irving is unwilling to provide assurances beyond his current contract, which he can opt out of in two years, Denver is good enough to capitalize on his talent right now. The Nuggets can assess how much they value the present vs. the future, but with Millsap and Jokic, this is a team ready to make noise.

"If Denver isn’t willing to trade Murray and Harris for Irving, OK. But if the Nuggets aren’t willing to trade Murray or Harris – and Jokic looks even more untouchable – for Irving, I don’t see how a deal gets done."
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#484 » by MHZ » Thu Aug 3, 2017 5:28 pm

Not really news. We all figured they wouldn't part with both, and there's no evidence that says the price would be so high they'd have to.

We'll see. Still feels like this is moving toward a Phoenix deal, even though I really dislike such a deal from Phoenix's perspective.
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach
And1: 2,296

Post#485 » by Nuggets_Talk » Fri Aug 4, 2017 3:30 am

totally understand the nuggets not trading both harris and murray

but if we dont offer either one, i dont blame cleveland for hanging up
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#486 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Aug 4, 2017 3:54 am

Nuggets_Talk wrote:totally understand the nuggets not trading both harris and murray

and I'm ok with that - better that than losing Irving in two years
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach
And1: 2,296

Post#487 » by Nuggets_Talk » Fri Aug 4, 2017 3:59 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:totally understand the nuggets not trading both harris and murray

and I'm ok with that - better that than losing Irving in two years

im still at a definite no for murray.

harris i keep going back and forth.

but if we dont offer either, then we have zero shot obviously.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#488 » by skywalker33 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 5:17 pm

Does anyone thin acquiring Irving is going to help us beat the Warriors ?? They why give up young developing talent for a two year rental only to get a few more regular season wins ??

The more I read about Irving his intense "I want to be the MAN" attitude does bother me, especially with his comment about not wanting to sign an extension which could leave us high and dry again. While I appreciate the I want the ball in my hands for the last shot mentality he seems to bring, it's hard to trust any team play to a guy like that. Jokic is the type of guy to defer to a player like that and it could hinder his play IMO. Both Harris and Murray are true team players and I think I'd prefer to build a team than support another Melo-type guy.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#489 » by TunaFish » Fri Aug 4, 2017 5:44 pm

Has there been any news breaks locally that show the Nuggets interested in Irving? I keep thinking that Denver seems like such a likely trade partner that they would be more leaks about the level of interest from local reporters.

If this is a planned move by the Nuggets then they are doing a good job of keeping it quiet.
Canned in Denver.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#490 » by TunaFish » Fri Aug 4, 2017 5:49 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Does anyone thin acquiring Irving is going to help us beat the Warriors ?? They why give up young developing talent for a two year rental only to get a few more regular season wins ??

The more I read about Irving his intense "I want to be the MAN" attitude does bother me, especially with his comment about not wanting to sign an extension which could leave us high and dry again. While I appreciate the I want the ball in my hands for the last shot mentality he seems to bring, it's hard to trust any team play to a guy like that. Jokic is the type of guy to defer to a player like that and it could hinder his play IMO. Both Harris and Murray are true team players and I think I'd prefer to build a team than support another Melo-type guy.

Have to agree. Its a slippery slope to go down when you consider what you have to give up to get Irving.
Canned in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#491 » by The Rebel » Sat Aug 5, 2017 2:56 pm

TunaFish wrote:Has there been any news breaks locally that show the Nuggets interested in Irving? I keep thinking that Denver seems like such a likely trade partner that they would be more leaks about the level of interest from local reporters.

If this is a planned move by the Nuggets then they are doing a good job of keeping it quiet.

I am hoping that the front office has done their research and if they are not interested than it could only be about his attitude. I love the young talent on this team, and I really liked the way they all played together when it was all the young guys on the court. We need a primary scorer, whether it is in a trade, Murray or one of the young guys develop into one, or free agency we are going to need that go to scorer and Irving fits that mold. The problem is his attitude and reported desire to be a franchise star over winning, and that just does not sit well with me. I want a team full of guys who want to win as badly as we all want them to win, and I think the young guys on this team are that way so I would hate to see it ruined by trading any of them for a guy worried about being a star.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#492 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Aug 5, 2017 3:39 pm

The Rebel wrote:
TunaFish wrote:Has there been any news breaks locally that show the Nuggets interested in Irving? I keep thinking that Denver seems like such a likely trade partner that they would be more leaks about the level of interest from local reporters.

I am hoping that the front office has done their research and if they are not interested than it could only be about his attitude. I love the young talent on this team, and I really liked the way they all played together when it was all the young guys on the court. We need a primary scorer, whether it is in a trade, Murray or one of the young guys develop into one, or free agency we are going to need that go to scorer and Irving fits that mold. The problem is his attitude and reported desire to be a franchise star over winning, and that just does not sit well with me. I want a team full of guys who want to win as badly as we all want them to win, and I think the young guys on this team are that way so I would hate to see it ruined by trading any of them for a guy worried about being a star.

Beasley fits that mold - now the question is, can he do it?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#493 » by The Rebel » Sat Aug 5, 2017 5:37 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Beasley, Murray, and Mudiay have all shown the ability and willingness to be the man at the end of games. Hopefully 1 or 2 of them step up and prove they can do it this year.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#494 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Aug 5, 2017 6:06 pm

The Rebel wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Beasley, Murray, and Mudiay have all shown the ability and willingness to be the man at the end of games. Hopefully 1 or 2 of them step up and prove they can do it this year.

and thus the reason I wanted lots of young players while we were not so good - they will not all be stars
skywalker33

Post#495 » by skywalker33 » Sun Aug 6, 2017 4:55 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Beasley fits that mold - now the question is, can he do it?

and thus the reason I wanted lots of young players while we were not so good - they will not all be stars

I can't believe you just wrote that, this is OUR young players you're referring to, right ?? Otherwise they just become the vets you've been trying to bench :wink:

MidMountain
Senior
And1: 236

Post#496 » by MidMountain » Mon Aug 7, 2017 1:39 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

The reports from summer league indicated that he was still very raw and in need of quite a bit more development, so I wouldn't count on him being a major contributor anytime soon.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#497 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Aug 7, 2017 3:48 pm

MidMountain wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

The reports from summer league indicated that he was still very raw and in need of quite a bit more development, so I wouldn't count on him being a major contributor anytime soon.

Hmmm, a 20 year old needs more development - probably not too shocking. That's probably why he is a "maybe" with "potential" and why some people think he needs to play some so we can figure out what kind of player he might be.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#498 » by THE J0KER » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:20 pm

Here is blockbuster trade able to finish Mello saga and to help us to improve PG and SF spot.

To Rockets: C.Anthony
To Knicks: J.Hernangomez, K.Faried
To Nets: R.Anderson, E.Mudiay, D.Arthur
To Nuggets: T.Ariza, J.Lin

Lin-Harris-Ariza-Millsap-Jokic with great Murray-Burton-Chandler-Plumlee bench would fight with OKC and MIN for 4-5 spots on West, but the question is will Lin stays healthy and will he and Ariza re-sign in 2018.
skywalker33

Post#499 » by skywalker33 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:40 pm

THE J0KER wrote:Here is blockbuster trade able to finish Mello saga and to help us to improve PG and SF spot.

To Rockets: C.Anthony
To Knicks: J.Hernangomez, K.Faried
To Nets: R.Anderson, E.Mudiay, D.Arthur
To Nuggets: T.Ariza, J.Lin

Lin-Harris-Ariza-Millsap-Jokic with great Murray-Burton-Chandler-Plumlee bench would fight with OKC and MIN for 4-5 spots on West, but the question is will Lin stays healthy and will he and Ariza re-sign in 2018.

That's TERRIBLE for the Nuggets, I am not a Lin fan, guy is STILL overrated...and I am NOT giving Hernangomez away in that deal, he's the real deal !

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#500 » by THE J0KER » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:43 pm

skywalker33 wrote:That's TERRIBLE for the Nuggets, I am not a Lin fan, guy is STILL overrated...and I am NOT giving Hernangomez away in that deal, he's the real deal !
It is a perfect deal for us for balanced roster per positions, so the only real problem will be if both of this two players don't want to re-sign in 2018. The reason why I put Juancho into this deal, which is a young player who really should be sheltered from trade offers in normal circumstances, is because I'm pretty sure that Knicks will be very attracted by the idea of Hernangomez brothers reunion. For multiple teams trade deals, all involved sides should feel happy and get what they search for before trade, otherwise, it is pointless. Why I constructed such complicated deal when it will be way easy for example just to sent D.Arthur to a T.Ariza - but the problem is why on Earth would Rockets give Ariza to us just because WE NEED such player?

Return to Denver Nuggets