ImageImageImage

Trade ideas thread

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Trade ideas thread 

Post#541 » by skywalker33 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:15 am

TunaFish wrote:Any Irving discussion is now over. He is on his way to Boston for a haul.

And he stays out of the Western Conference at least, nice trade for both sides IMO
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#542 » by THE J0KER » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:24 am

The best thing about Irving deal from Denver perspective is the fact that... Eric Bledsoe is still available.

Denver FO should be really aggressive this time. With Jokic-Millsap great big man duo and great Bledsoe-Harris-Murray backcourt rotation - only sky is the limit!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#543 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:59 am

THE J0KER wrote:The best thing about Irving deal from Denver perspective is the fact that... Eric Bledsoe is still available.

Denver FO should be really aggressive this time. With Jokic-Millsap great big man duo and great Bledsoe-Harris-Murray backcourt rotation - only sky is the limit!

Phooey on Bledsoe - the best thing about Irving's deal is Denver didn't have to give up two quality starters plus a ridiculously high draft pick plus a high potential Euro-Center! Imagine taking four of Denver's best young players; that'd guarantee Irving would be a two-year rental because the Nuggets might have trouble making the playoffs with that gutted team.
skywalker33

Post#544 » by skywalker33 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:41 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:The best thing about Irving deal from Denver perspective is the fact that... Eric Bledsoe is still available.

Phooey on Bledsoe - the best thing about Irving's deal is Denver didn't have to give up two quality starters plus a ridiculously high draft pick plus a high potential Euro-Center! Imagine taking four of Denver's best young players; that'd guarantee Irving would be a two-year rental because the Nuggets might have trouble making the playoffs with that gutted team.

Denver was never gonna give up close to that, CLE did a good job for that haul IMO. BOS made a nice consolidation trade, they had the assets to do it. KI is young enough to fit in with their core, plus they avoided the contract nego. for a smallish, no-defense 30yr old PG who wants the MAX contract. Crowder is a good player but Brown/Tatum will need some PT and I laugh the that BOS-overhyped Euro god Zizic was a throw in. CLE has to be looking at the potential of the BKN pick, potentially a top 5 pick (if there aren't any protections on it) that could be a good building block for them.

I like Bledsoe but I'm not paying a star rate with his injury history, I'll wait until the price goes down...maybe a top 10 protected 1st at most. Also depends on what we see outta Mudiay

skywalker33

Post#545 » by skywalker33 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:36 pm

With the trade, CLE has 16 guaranteed contracts, wonder if we could get Osman for a 2nd or two (perhaps one of our draft-stashes). He'd become a young SF, someone we could groom.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#546 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:01 pm

skywalker33 wrote:With the trade, CLE has 16 guaranteed contracts, wonder if we could get Osman for a 2nd or two (perhaps one of our draft-stashes). He'd become a young SF, someone we could groom.

That seems like a good idea and with Crowder on their team, Osman probably gets very little playing time - they are both basically SFs that can play small-ball PF.

I think they have 17 guaranteed contracts, so your idea is a nice one.

I also noticed that last year they needed PGs and now they have four on their roster. There are also rumors they might sign Wade but he'd be playing SG with Smith and Shumpert, which already seemed like a solid position for them, so who knows.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#547 » by The Rebel » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:39 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:With the trade, CLE has 16 guaranteed contracts, wonder if we could get Osman for a 2nd or two (perhaps one of our draft-stashes). He'd become a young SF, someone we could groom.

That seems like a good idea and with Crowder on their team, Osman probably gets very little playing time - they are both basically SFs that can play small-ball PF.

I think they have 17 guaranteed contracts, so your idea is a nice one.

I also noticed that last year they needed PGs and now they have four on their roster. There are also rumors they might sign Wade but he'd be playing SG with Smith and Shumpert, which already seemed like a solid position for them, so who knows.

All the rumors out there right now are that Gilbert is freaking out that Lebron is leaving and wants to keep the young prospects and picks, although I could see the Nuggets finding a way to get Crowder. There are rumors that Melo may change his mind with the expected buyout of Wade and this trade, maybe he would be willing to go to Cleveland, and the Knicks want some younger players.

Say something like Lydon, Barton, Faried going to the Knicks with Crowder and Shumpert coming here, and the Cavs sending someone like Frye with a 2nd to the Knicks for Melo.

So the Knicks walk away with Lydon/ Barton/ Faried/ Frye, and a 2nd for Melo which is a pretty solid haul considering everything. The Cavs get Melo and do not give up future assets outside of Crowder, and we clear our glut of PFs for Crowder who would be a great fit with Chandler at SF and both on the court at times, with Hernangomez coming off the bench as our primary backup PF (as long as he beats out Lyles) and spot minutes at SF.
skywalker33

Post#548 » by skywalker33 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:53 am

That would cut into our future cap space but Crowder would add a lot to our defense.

Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,543

Post#549 » by Alatan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:27 pm

Crowder yes, please.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,786

Post#550 » by TunaFish » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:27 am

The trade sending Irving to Boston is starting to look like it might be on life support. Can't see how Boston is going to make up for Thomas not being available without giving up a young asset. I doubt Danny Boy is going to give up much given the blowback he received for giving up the Brooklyn pick. Also, I think Boston knew that Thomas was hurt when they made the trade.

Crowder may not be on the move to Cleveland but I guess we will see. I do think they need to move Crowder somewhere.
Canned in Denver.
Alatan
Assistant Coach

Post#551 » by Alatan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:06 am

I doubt that Cavs would give up Crowder if they do the trade but if it is voided, the Celtics will have a unhappy Crowder wanting out.

It would be really nice if Nuggets could somehow get their hands on Crowder. What would you guys be willing to give up for him on the presumption that he is available ? Also try to give logical trades, something that Boston/Cleveland would want.

The Celts are thin on PF and SG. Maybe something like Faried, Barton and a pick/Hernangomez would spark their interest. Is it too much ?
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,786

Post#552 » by TunaFish » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:49 am

Alatan wrote:I doubt that Cavs would give up Crowder if they do the trade but if it is voided, the Celtics will have a unhappy Crowder wanting out.

It would be really nice if Nuggets could somehow get their hands on Crowder. What would you guys be willing to give up for him on the presumption that he is available ? Also try to give logical trades, something that Boston/Cleveland would want.

The Celts are thin on PF and SG. Maybe something like Faried, Barton and a pick/Hernangomez would spark their interest. Is it too much ?

There is also the issue of Crowder's salary that is very reasonable at 6.8 mil. Neither Boston nor Cleveland can take back salary (both with cap issues). Denver will likely not part with Hernangomez (or other young player) and Faried at 12 mil means no trade can likely be fashioned unless other players come with Crowder.

Barton is the cheap contract that would work but I am not sure of either Boston or Cleveland's interest.

Not only would Crowder be unhappy but how do think Irving is going to react? It's a very tricky situation and I think Cleveland is going to have to accept the trade even with an injured Thomas because of the Brooklyn 1st. Cleveland's front office seems a bit unhinged at the moment.
Canned in Denver.
Alatan
Assistant Coach

Post#553 » by Alatan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:22 pm

TunaFish wrote:
Alatan wrote:I doubt that Cavs would give up Crowder if they do the trade but if it is voided, the Celtics will have a unhappy Crowder wanting out.

There is also the issue of Crowder's salary that is very reasonable at 6.8 mil. Neither Boston nor Cleveland can take back salary (both with cap issues). Denver will likely not part with Hernangomez (or other young player) and Faried at 12 mil means no trade can likely be fashioned unless other players come with Crowder.

Barton is the cheap contract that would work but I am not sure of either Boston or Cleveland's interest.

Not only would Crowder be unhappy but how do think Irving is going to react? It's a very tricky situation and I think Cleveland is going to have to accept the trade even with an injured Thomas because of the Brooklyn 1st. Cleveland's front office seems a bit unhinged at the moment.

I'm not so sure that it is smart for Cle to accept the trade is IT cant play this season or wont be himself. I dont think that Rose helps them at all as a starter. If IT doesnt recover for the playoffs then even the finals might be a question. If they do the trade and all of the above is true Lebron leaves for sure. Then they are left with only the Boston pick that is in no way a sure thing. Im not sure what the other teams are offering but maybe a deal of Bledsoe, some young player and the next years pick is on the table. Suns are projected to suck this season and i doubt KI can change that, since he and Booker do the same thing. That means that the Brooklyn pick and Suns pick have a similar value.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#554 » by Coeur » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:47 pm

What would it take to get MarioHezonja from Orlando?
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#555 » by Coeur » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:52 pm

Wouldn't trading for crowder for what you have to pay make it look even dumber for not getting more serious about Paul George or butler?

This team having no direction is frustrating. Sign millsap but let gallinari walk for nothing? Trade out of a good pick to get guys who play positions with a lot of guys in the way. Obviously still the nurkic trade. This nugs team set themselves up for so many possibilities. And decide to piss it away.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#556 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:46 pm

Coeur wrote:Wouldn't trading for crowder for what you have to pay make it look even dumber for not getting more serious about Paul George or butler?

This team having no direction is frustrating. Sign millsap but let gallinari walk for nothing? Trade out of a good pick to get guys who play positions with a lot of guys in the way. Obviously still the nurkic trade. This nugs team set themselves up for so many possibilities. And decide to piss it away.

I truly think I'd rather have Crowder than George or Butler. I'm not saying he's better, at least not on offense, but I think he fits better with the Nuggets' scheme plus he's a better defensive player than either one IMO - and he's cheaper, a lot cheaper.

Totally agree the Nuggets seem to have no sense of direction. I don't mind Gallinari leaving, but it was stupid to let him go for nothing (and that bogus trade for Gallinari-Millsap) only helped the Clippers, not Denver). Trading Nurkic, a starting center, plus adding a first round pick for a backup center with little hope of ever being more - that was ridiculous.

Here's betting they keep Barton & Chandler, let them exercise their player options and then lose them for nothing.

The Nuggets still have loads of depth but they almost certainly could have traded Gallinari for a future 1st. Barton plus a 2nd for a future 1st. Chandler plus a 2nd for a future first. They could have combined any of those three plus a 2nd or two for future picks. We have enough youth for now, except at SF. They could have made a FA max-offer to a couple of guys (they probably tried, but still ...). Future 1sts will help keep the Nuggets strong, young, growing. That's direction. Accumulating a team of 12 PFs to go with Jokic-Harris-Murray is NOT direction.
Alatan
Assistant Coach

Post#557 » by Alatan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:57 pm

Coeur wrote:What would it take to get MarioHezonja from Orlando?

A gun to the head of Denver's GM. No seriously that kid is the sheer opposite of Jokic. He is a athletic low IQ player with big personality issues.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#558 » by psimanic1 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:31 am

Why? If we could get him and DJ Augustin for lets say Arthur + Nelson + Lyles/another filler I would go for it...
Don't know if we could trade Faried + Nelson for Mario + DJ Augustin + filler...
They get Nelson to finish career in ORL, fans would love that. Get out of DJs contract and he was nice PG for us if you remember, and I guess Murray could learn something from him, and then DJ could be backup to him. And we free up atleast one PF spot so Juancho could get time on both PF and SF
Murray, DJ, Mudiay
Harris, Beasley
Chandler, Mario, Juancho
Millsap, Faried/Arthur, Lydon/Lyles, Juancho
Jokic, Plumlee(i guess)

is not that bad actually...
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#559 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:59 am

psimanic1 wrote:Why? If we could get him and DJ Augustin for lets say Arthur + Nelson + Lyles/another filler I would go for it...
Don't know if we could trade Faried + Nelson for Mario + DJ Augustin + filler...
They get Nelson to finish career in ORL, fans would love that. Get out of DJs contract and he was nice PG for us if you remember, and I guess Murray could learn something from him, and then DJ could be backup to him. And we free up atleast one PF spot so Juancho could get time on both PF and SF
Murray, DJ, Mudiay
Harris, Beasley
Chandler, Mario, Juancho
Millsap, Faried/Arthur, Lydon/Lyles, Juancho
Jokic, Plumlee(i guess)

is not that bad actually...

Not terrible for Denver but seriously doubt Orlando's interested in Arthur. He's considered "damaged goods" and with the Nuggets not playing him, his value keeps going down. Watch for more of that with other Nuggets. On a deep team, those not playing tend to lose trade value.

Not a big fan of Augustin. He's a very short SG who's not very good at shooting and seldom passes plus he has a longer contract than Nelson. Neither has any real value on the open market.

P.S. Your lineup is missing Barton.
MidMountain
Senior
And1: 236

Post#560 » by MidMountain » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:48 pm

Assuming the trade with BOS/CLE goes through, what about Chandler & Barton for Crowder & Shumpert? Cleveland gets more offensive firepower while shedding a bit of salary. Chandler is likely to opt out of contract next year and I predict Shumpert will opt in. We get a two-way SF on a great contract for a couple years.

Return to Denver Nuggets