ImageImageImage

Trade ideas thread

Moderator: THE J0KER

psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Re: Trade ideas thread 

Post#841 » by psimanic1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:08 pm

So, Dec 15 is few days away, any realistic trade targets for us? Maybe there is some deal in place for Hernangomez and thats why we dont play him?
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#842 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:17 pm

psimanic1 wrote:So, Dec 15 is few days away, any realistic trade targets for us? Maybe there is some deal in place for Hernangomez and thats why we dont play him?

We don't need a trade; we need a player to blow his top. That's what worked last year. :lol:

I can't see any reason they aren't playing him. Usually if there's a trade in the works, they might hold a player out for one game, maybe two. It's probably just Malone doing his thing. He wanted a 9-man rotation and with Millsap & Jokic out, that's what he's playing.

Murray-Mudiay
Harris-Barton-Beasley
Chandler (Barton)
Faried-Lyles
Plumlee (Faried)
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#843 » by skywalker33 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:13 pm

Yeah, can't see trading Juancho, outside of his ailment he's been considered a core piece.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#844 » by The Rebel » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:07 am

The trade we need to make is Plumlee, Chandler, Barton, and Mudiay for Hill, Koufos, Bogdanovic, and a 2nd. Gets Hill to a team where he can be the leader and play his game, gets us a competent backup C, and Bogdanovic is a natural scorer that fits well with what this team needs from a SF.

The Kings bring in a bunch of veterans that can make them watchable while their young guys develop.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,254

Post#845 » by GreekAlex » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:53 am

Do the Nuggets fans still see Mudiay as part of the future?

Looking to come up with some trade ideas... thanks for any input!
skywalker33

Post#846 » by skywalker33 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:14 am

GreekAlex wrote:Do the Nuggets fans still see Mudiay as part of the future?

Looking to come up with some trade ideas... thanks for any input!

I'm sure Mudiay could be had, but too many on RealGM think the Nuggets will just take any offer as they consider him bust-worthy already. However, Malone has been standing beside him as he's seen some improvement since the off-season. Moreso, he needs to start being consistent as he is getting some good PT Also, Mudiay is only 22yo and most young PG's really don't seem to mature until 23-25yrs old.

skywalker33

Post#847 » by skywalker33 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:48 pm

The Rebel wrote:The trade we need to make is Plumlee, Chandler, Barton, and Mudiay for Hill, Koufos, Bogdanovic, and a 2nd. Gets Hill to a team where he can be the leader and play his game, gets us a competent backup C, and Bogdanovic is a natural scorer that fits well with what this team needs from a SF.

The Kings bring in a bunch of veterans that can make them watchable while their young guys develop.

Not sure about this but I️ do see your point

Barton >> Hill -Barton is a 6MOTY candidate and good scorer off the bench. Hill would push Murray back to Barton’s scorer off the bench position though.

Plumlee > Koufas - Plumlee is the better backup, talent wise but the difference of saving money on Plumlees contract helpsoffset Hills contract. i do like Koufas as a backup.

Chandler + Mudiay >>> Bogs + 2nd - Bogs could be a much better player in this offense, gotta be better than Wilson has been, but that’s a gamble. That leaves Mudiay for a 2nd and that’s terrible value imo. The 2nd should be high depending on how far out but Mudiay has improved from last year and still has room to continue to grow.

Change it to a protected 1st and it has more merit for me

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#848 » by The Rebel » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:33 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:The trade we need to make is Plumlee, Chandler, Barton, and Mudiay for Hill, Koufos, Bogdanovic, and a 2nd. Gets Hill to a team where he can be the leader and play his game, gets us a competent backup C, and Bogdanovic is a natural scorer that fits well with what this team needs from a SF.

Barton >> Hill -Barton is a 6MOTY candidate and good scorer off the bench. Hill would push Murray back to Barton’s scorer off the bench position though.

Plumlee > Koufas - Plumlee is the better backup, talent wise but the difference of saving money on Plumlees contract helpsoffset Hills contract. i do like Koufas as a backup.

Chandler + Mudiay >>> Bogs + 2nd - Bogs could be a much better player in this offense, gotta be better than Wilson has been, but that’s a gamble. That leaves Mudiay for a 2nd and that’s terrible value imo. The 2nd should be high depending on how far out but Mudiay has improved from last year and still has room to continue to grow.

Barton is better than Hill, but HIll brings the leadership this team needs. Also I do not see Murray being relagated to bench scorer. Last year Murray, Beasley, and Hernangomez all played very well together, this gives us them as a bench unit.

Plumlee is not really better than Koufos, they are about equal. When you figure in contracts, Koufos has much more value than Plumlee does.

The biggest area we are going to disagree is that Chandler, while it has gotten better the last 2 games, teams are not going to overlook the fact that he has been terrible this year. He has negative value with this season and next on his contract and he is not going up in value if he cannot play off the ball.

I still think Mudiay is going to be pretty good, but he is never going to be able to supplant Murray, his rookie deal is over in 18 months, and we have Morris who has been good in the Dleague and needs developed.

If you look at real value the Nuggets are dumping 2 bad contracts for a scoring SF that is still relatively young and on a solid contract, a veteran leader who can still be very effective on or off the ball, a replacement backup C, and cap savings. I think asking for a 1st is overrating the hell out of Chandler and Plumlee as it would take at least a 1st to move each one this year if you were to trade either by themselves.
skywalker33

Post#849 » by skywalker33 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:25 pm

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Barton is better than Hill, but HIll brings the leadership this team needs. Also I do not see Murray being relagated to bench scorer. Last year Murray, Beasley, and Hernangomez all played very well together, this gives us them as a bench unit.

Plumlee is not really better than Koufos, they are about equal. When you figure in contracts, Koufos has much more value than Plumlee does.

The biggest area we are going to disagree is that Chandler, while it has gotten better the last 2 games, teams are not going to overlook the fact that he has been terrible this year. He has negative value with this season and next on his contract and he is not going up in value if he cannot play off the ball.

I still think Mudiay is going to be pretty good, but he is never going to be able to supplant Murray, his rookie deal is over in 18 months, and we have Morris who has been good in the Dleague and needs developed.

If you look at real value the Nuggets are dumping 2 bad contracts for a scoring SF that is still relatively young and on a solid contract, a veteran leader who can still be very effective on or off the ball, a replacement backup C, and cap savings. I think asking for a 1st is overrating the hell out of Chandler and Plumlee as it would take at least a 1st to move each one this year if you were to trade either by themselves.

As I said, I see the "fit" and salary dump you are trying to employ, should be advantageous to what Malone is trying to do. However, we are getting killed talent wise IMO. The only real aspect I object to the trade is getting rid of Mudiay for basically a 2nd.

I also think Hill is struggling with coming off the bench and you're not trading for a $20M PG to come off the bench, his leadership would be best served there, thus putting Murray (or Harris ?) in the Barton role, something would change likely IMO

skywalker33

Post#850 » by skywalker33 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:42 pm

Someone mentioned trading Hernangomez, what would his trade value be ?

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#851 » by The Rebel » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:38 am

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

As I said, I see the "fit" and salary dump you are trying to employ, should be advantageous to what Malone is trying to do. However, we are getting killed talent wise IMO. The only real aspect I object to the trade is getting rid of Mudiay for basically a 2nd.

I also think Hill is struggling with coming off the bench and you're not trading for a $20M PG to come off the bench, his leadership would be best served there, thus putting Murray (or Harris ?) in the Barton role, something would change likely IMO

Of course HIll would be starting, what I am saying is that instead of trying to replace Barton with another iso scorer type, we would have 3 guys who all play well together who are all more than capable of putting up a ton of points when they get hot, and at the same time are better defenders than what we currently have coming off the bench. With Murray, Beasley, and Juancho, as well as Koufos who has a 15 footer, that would open up the lane for cutters and Faried. Giving us a great and somewhat dependable bench.

Hill is more than happy to play off the ball most of the game, putting the ball in JOkic and Millsap's (when he returns) hands more, while still being able to take over and run the point when needed.

As for getting killed talent wise, I don't see it. Bogdonovic is not a great player, but he is a proven scorer in this league and plays well on and off the ball. We are also dumping 2 bad contracts, like it or not Chandler and Plumlee are bad contracts, and they are likely to be seen that way more and more as this season goes on.

Barton is likely gone after this year regardless of if they trade him or not. With Jokic's deal max deal this team is going to be getting awful close to the tax line, and Barton is likely to get an above MLE type deal. Having Beasley playing as well as he has been means Barton will be expendable, you either trade him for future picks or you use him to dump salary and use the saved money to bring in role players to build around Murray, Harris, Millsap, and Jokic. I can tell you now that you are playing with fire if you go the draft pick route as guys that are proven are not going to want to wait 3 more years for rookies to develop.

As I said the only guy I see the Nuggets actually giving up real long term value to the team is Mudiay, but with Morris playing well in the Dleague, and Murray obliviously being better, than I do not see a real long term fit with the Nuggets.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#852 » by The Rebel » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:39 am

skywalker33 wrote:Someone mentioned trading Hernangomez, what would his trade value be ?

Much less than it should be. The Nuggets would be stupid to trade him at this point.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#853 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:51 am

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Someone mentioned trading Hernangomez, what would his trade value be ?

Much less than it should be. The Nuggets would be stupid to trade him at this point.

His contract is cheap enough to be worth the gamble and he hasn't proven enough to be of much value. On the other hand, what little we saw last year looked great. Imagine Lyles-Hernangomez as future starters. They are rather interchangeable and can both shoot fairly well.
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#854 » by U hova » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:13 am

The Rebel wrote:

Sounds like we'll trade him with a 1st for a bench player
skywalker33

Post#855 » by skywalker33 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:51 am

U hova wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

And yet another stupid comment/idea unless you'd like to validate that somehow :banghead:

skywalker33

Post#856 » by skywalker33 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:27 am

While I hate dealing with division rivals, how about this one

Chandler, Faried and Barton for PG and Abrines

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#857 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:04 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
U hova wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

And yet another stupid comment/idea unless you'd like to validate that somehow :banghead:

I sorta had the same thought as U hova but I would have put it in a green font. That may be how he meant that one.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#858 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:08 pm

skywalker33 wrote:While I hate dealing with division rivals, how about this one

Chandler, Faried and Barton for PG and Abrines

They are "win-now" for certain and not looking for prospects, but no doubt they'd love some of our young players. As long as we don't include Jokic, Lyles, Hernangomez, Harris, Beasley, Murray, and Morris; I'm OK with throwing anything at them for Paul George. A starting set of forwards like Millsap & George would be great and still give our young forwards some playing time. (Probably not enough for me, but ... ) That lineup has the potential to win a first-round series IMO.
Acountant_Z
Junior
And1: 169

Post#859 » by Acountant_Z » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:36 pm

Nuggets are loaded with young talent but it seems like they are incompatible with each other. Is Jokic really the guy to lead this team? I am not so sure.

Imagine Boogie in the place of Jokic, would this make for a better fit? Perhaps it would.

Boogie surrounded by the shooters Nuggets have may actually be a great fit.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#860 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:29 pm

Acountant_Z wrote:Nuggets are loaded with young talent but it seems like they are incompatible with each other. Is Jokic really the guy to lead this team? I am not so sure.

Imagine Boogie in the place of Jokic, would this make for a better fit? Perhaps it would.

Boogie surrounded by the shooters Nuggets have may actually be a great fit.

Don't ask me about Cousins, he's an attitude waiting to explode and hurts his team with all his technicals and ejections.

But you ask a good question. Is Jokic a team leader? It would seem he is not that guy. Could he become that guy? Perhaps; but does the best player have to be The Leader? It's the way we usually think of things, but I think back to Jabbar. He was not really a leader. On the Bucks, they had a couple of other leader-types and he was young, so he didn't need to lead. The Lakers had Magic, who was the true leader, but in some respects, Jabbar was arguably the best player on the team. Hard to say because Magic played both ends of the court and demonstrated the ability to play five positions. However, one reason Magic could do that and take chances was because Jabbar was a great rim protector (not the greatest, but still outstanding) and Jabbar demanded double-teams on offense simply because of his skyhook - plus he had some other good moves.

Clearly Harris isn't a leader, but Murray seems to be a leader and with just a little more time, he might step up into that role more. He may become the Nuggets best "big shot" player.

Return to Denver Nuggets