out of curiosity how old are you
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Free agency 

Post#302 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:57 pm

U hova wrote:out of curiosity how old are you

Me? :lol: Let's just say that I am old enough to remember things from before the Denver Rockets/Nuggets.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#303 » by TunaFish » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:29 pm

It's very quiet about Plumlee. Makes me think that the RFA maket is running out of steam and that we may be able to sign him to an affordable contract.

Anyone out there with any news on this or another free agent?
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#304 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:18 pm

TunaFish wrote:It's very quiet about Plumlee. Makes me think that the RFA maket is running out of steam and that we may be able to sign him to an affordable contract.

Yeh, think a lot of people over valued the C market this year, everyone is going small ball. He may justy sign his 1-yr tender and try again next year which seems a bit foolish. I could see a 3+ 1 for $25-28M
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#305 » by TunaFish » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:32 am

skywalker33 wrote:
TunaFish wrote:It's very quiet about Plumlee. Makes me think that the RFA maket is running out of steam and that we may be able to sign him to an affordable contract.

Yeh, think a lot of people over valued the C market this year, everyone is going small ball. He may justy sign his 1-yr tender and try again next year which seems a bit foolish. I could see a 3+ 1 for $25-28M

I would love that contract. Seems to me he is as valuable as either Faried or Chandler because he could spot start in case of injury. Both Faried and Chandler are at 12 million a year, so I am guessing that amount is his target at this point (3 for 36M). I would love something less.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#306 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:38 am

TunaFish wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

I would love that contract. Seems to me he is as valuable as either Faried or Chandler because he could spot start in case of injury. Both Faried and Chandler are at 12 million a year, so I am guessing that amount is his target at this point (3 for 36M). I would love something less.

Last year, IMO the Nuggets gambled huge at center by only carrying two. If they sign Plumlee as the backup, it seems like a good idea. He's the closest thing to Jokic in NBA centers - maybe. Lyles seems like a good emergency option, better than Faried & Arthur whom Malone has used both of the last two years. I'd be happy but I'm betting he wanted more than $8m per year. Giving him $10m per with the third year a team option like they did for Millsap, might be a better deal for both the team and Plumlee but only time would tell us that.
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#307 » by U hova » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:49 pm

if i wanted a pass first center with questionable rebounding and defensive ability Pau Gasol should still be out there.... I don't think I've heard anything on him other than that he planned to re-sign with the Spurs.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#308 » by TunaFish » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:27 am

"Gasol has decided to decline an option worth $16.2 million next season and become a free agent, league sources said Tuesday. His intention seems to be to negotiate a new long-term deal with the Spurs at a lower annual salary that could offer the team instant salary cap relief with which to lure additional free agents in July. Like the third-act plot twist of one of Gasol’s favorite operas, the decision comes as something as a surprise for a player set to turn 37 next month." San Antonio Express-News

Looks like Gasol is wired to the Spurs.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#309 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:36 am

At $1.5M, Willie Reed might have been a good choice to backup Jokic

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#310 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:16 am

Is everyone assuming the Nuggets are done in free agency? No activity on this thread. :-?
skywalker33

Post#311 » by skywalker33 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:29 am

NuggetsWY wrote:Is everyone assuming the Nuggets are done in free agency? No activity on this thread. :-?

Well, really only one move to make, that being backup C. Think we're waiting to see if we can make a trade and would that require a extra roster spot ?? Plumlee will more than likely be resigned, I believe we're just seeing what his market is regressing to before we make a move.

TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#312 » by TunaFish » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:04 am

NuggetsWY wrote:Is everyone assuming the Nuggets are done in free agency? No activity on this thread. :-?

Except for Plumlee, yes.
Canned in Denver.

Return to Denver Nuggets