ImageImageImage

New rules regarding timeouts and the Nuggets

Moderator: THE J0KER

Do the new rules regarding timeouts favor the Nuggets or hurt the Nuggets?

Favor for sure
No votes
Favor maybe
67%
Neither
17%
Hurt maybe
No votes
Hurt for sure
17%
Not certain
No votes
Don't care
No votes

Total votes: 6

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

New rules regarding timeouts and the Nuggets 

Post#1 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:43 am

I'm not very confident on this one. I'm not sold on Malone's plays on the whiteboard but we will be relying on some young players (hopefully). On the other hand, Millsap should be in there and that makes me feel better. But I'm going with I think the rule changes might help the Nuggets because their offense is less predictable when not drawn up - just let them play with Jokic getting the ball. So I'm voting "Favor maybe".
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: New rules regarding timeouts and the Nuggets 

Post#2 » by The Rebel » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:17 pm

It seems like we have lost every timeout since Malone started, so having less timeouts may not be the worst thing, it may save us about 4 or 5 point per game.
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#3 » by eathb_au » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:55 pm

If it means less timeouts for Malone to decide to run a play for a Barton game winner then I'm all for it.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#4 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:40 pm

The Rebel wrote:It seems like we have lost every timeout since Malone started, so having less timeouts may not be the worst thing, it may save us about 4 or 5 point per game.

Do you know of any advanced-stats site that might list that because I agree with you and in the last half of the year, I was trying to watch that very issue - timeout plays and first play of 2nd, 3rd, 4th quarters.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#5 » by The Rebel » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:12 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:It seems like we have lost every timeout since Malone started, so having less timeouts may not be the worst thing, it may save us about 4 or 5 point per game.

Do you know of any advanced-stats site that might list that because I agree with you and in the last half of the year, I was trying to watch that very issue - timeout plays and first play of 2nd, 3rd, 4th quarters.

I don't know of anybody that does it, but the guys on the stats board might.
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#6 » by U hova » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 am

For every bad timeout Malone took late game there was one he swallowed early on while teams went on big runs with unimpeded momentum...

Return to Denver Nuggets