ImageImageImage

Who gets cut?

Moderator: THE J0KER

blackham9258
Sixth Man
And1: 85

Who gets cut? 

Post#1 » by blackham9258 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:08 pm

Who is going to be the 16th salary that gets cut, traded, or waived?

It seems that a trade would be most likely but any trade would seem to only Garner 2nd round picks.

It also seems obvious that it has to be from our PF position.

Would the Nuggets eat the salary of Arthur, because I don't think someone is taking on his $7+M. I doubt it.

Would the Nuggets trade whole rookie contract in Lydon?

Would they trade Trey Lyles who they traded Donovan Mitchell for, for the opportunity to draft another PF in Lydon? I kind of think he is the most likely guy traded but it would be an admission by the front office that they royally screwed up the draft right?

Or am I missing somebody?

Could it be a two for? Trade two of a combination of a Lyles/Arthur/Barton/Lydon for a better point guard or wing?

Suggestions wanted on either who gets dumped or traded individually for picks, or a multi player trade.

Trey Lyles to Orlando Magic for a 2018 2nd round pick. If you remember before Henigan was fired he had Lyle's on his trade board for stretchy 4's.
MidMountain
Senior
And1: 236

Re: Who gets cut? 

Post#2 » by MidMountain » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:21 pm

Childress was signed to be a camp body. I highly doubt he and his unguaranteed contract would make the final roster.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#3 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:20 pm

blackham9258 wrote:Who is going to be the 16th salary that gets cut, traded, or waived?

It seems that a trade would be most likely but any trade would seem to only Garner 2nd round picks.

Would the Nuggets eat the salary of Arthur, because I don't think someone is taking on his $7+M. I doubt it.

Would they trade Trey Lyles who they traded Donovan Mitchell for, for the opportunity to draft another PF in Lydon? I kind of think he is the most likely guy traded but it would be an admission by the front office that they royally screwed up the draft right?

Could it be a two for? Trade two of a combination of a Lyles/Arthur/Barton/Lydon for a better point guard or wing?

Suggestions wanted on either who gets dumped or traded individually for picks, or a multi player trade.

Trey Lyles to Orlando Magic for a 2018 2nd round pick. If you remember before Henigan was fired he had Lyle's on his trade board for stretchy 4's.

OK, you're trying to apply logic to this topic and this summer has proven, the Nuggets' front office is not using anything close to logic.

A consolidation trade would have made sense - did not happen.
Trading someone (or two) for picks would make sense - doubt it happens, most teams already have their rosters set.
It seems obvious the Nuggets should trade a PF but then again, they seem to be accumulating PFs, so maybe they'll trade 2 guards for a PF. :lol:
Will the Nuggets eat Arthur's contract? You seem to believe there is no way they'd do that and I'll agree. They seem very money oriented, as in gathering money. For example, see the Nurkic-Plumlee trade which included a 1st round pick for some cash.
Will the Nuggets trade Lydon? Doubt it; they seem more worried about appearing to make a mistake than they are focused on acquiring more cash. Same goes for Lyles.

Only option that remains is as Rebel says, "Childress won't make the team." They apparently only signed him simply as a publicity stunt - first Big3 player to sign with the NBA.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#4 » by skywalker33 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:38 pm

blackham9258 wrote:Who is going to be the 16th salary that gets cut, traded, or waived?

:roll: Obviously NOT a Nuggets fan !!! We give up a lottery pick for Lyles and you want him for a 2nd......what a dumbass proposal !!!
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:04 pm

skywalker33 wrote:

:roll: Obviously NOT a Nuggets fan !!! We give up a lottery pick for Lyles and you want him for a 2nd......what a dumbass proposal !!!

If you'd have asked me before this off-season, that's about what I'd have said he was worth. 8-)
skywalker33

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:32 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

If you'd have asked me before this off-season, that's about what I'd have said he was worth. 8-)

Bet you wouldn't have said that if he were a Nuggets pick :banghead: He was the 12th overall pick, had a decent rookie year and had a sophomore slump and you would give him away ?? :crazy: Gotta think long-term WY as we probably won't be getting anymore lottery picks anytime soon :wink:

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:01 am

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Bet you wouldn't have said that if he were a Nuggets pick :banghead: He was the 12th overall pick, had a decent rookie year and had a sophomore slump and you would give him away ?? :crazy: Gotta think long-term WY as we probably won't be getting anymore lottery picks anytime soon :wink:

:lol: Yeah, his stats aren't great and 2nd year wasn't much of a slump, but I don't think anyone else was going to trade for him. I'll say the same thing for Mudiay right now. I'm willing to gamble on either one but I doubt anyone's going to give more than a 2nd round pick for either one. What made it crazier is Lyles stands little chance of getting even 10 mpg unless he's a monster in practice. They're going to play Faried to hope he has a good year and helps the team and/or builds some trade value. Millsap is a 30+ mpg guy and if Faried gets just 15 mpg, it's going to be hard to impress other teams. Then comes maybe Hernangomez, maybe some Plumlee (like it or not because Malone seemed to like him at PF), and then after all of those, we still have Arthur (are we trying to showcase him a little? Plus there's Lydon & Lyles - who seem about as likely to be a significant part of the Nuggets' rotation as Childress.

We could have had some lottery picks, if the front off-their-rockers group had traded some of our veterans for future picks - after the trade deadline or before the draft or before teams had their rosters set. We might have had to combine more assets than we want, put potential lottery picks would be nice to have for future building. We are deep enough right now.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,543

Post#8 » by Alatan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:35 pm

I have no idea why do we need Lydon and Lyles. We even have a future pf/sf in Hernangomez. I watched some tape on Lyles and he is not so good. He does have a nice feel for cutting but he is bad at finishing, bellow average shooter and sucks at defense.
skywalker33

Post#9 » by skywalker33 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:40 pm

Alatan wrote:I have no idea why do we need Lydon and Lyles. We even have a future pf/sf in Hernangomez. I watched some tape on Lyles and he is not so good. He does have a nice feel for cutting but he is bad at finishing, bellow average shooter and sucks at defense.

Lyles dropped 15lbs and has had nice camp so far ( it is still early though ), he's showing nice chemistry with Plumlee and his perimeter game would open up the lanes to accommodate Mudiay and Barton on the 2nd unit

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#10 » by The Rebel » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:07 am

Alatan wrote:I have no idea why do we need Lydon and Lyles. We even have a future pf/sf in Hernangomez. I watched some tape on Lyles and he is not so good. He does have a nice feel for cutting but he is bad at finishing, bellow average shooter and sucks at defense.

Long term it sounds like the Nuggets are planning on using all 3 of them as a forward rotation if they all work out, if 2 of the 3 work out than they have their 2 starters, and if one works out then they have trade pieces to allow to rot on the bench until nobody wants them.

You really have to look at the roster as 2 separate rosters as the way the franchise has operated under Connelly is that they will draft 2 or 3 guys at one position (trade for them in Lyles case) then when the young guy proves he is good enough they move the veterans. Millsap is on a 2 year contract, in 2 years I would bet not a single of our veteran forwards are even with the team any longer.

If Murray and Mudiay play as well as it sounds like they are looking than it would not surprise me if Nelson was dumped by the start of the season. If Lyles or Lydon play well enough than Faried is likely gone as well, and if Hernangomez does well at SF than Chandler will not be brought back next year, that is just the way they operate.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,543

Post#11 » by Alatan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:30 am

I dont know if I buy this training camp achievements. Sure the guys work hard and could have indeed improved but until i see it on the court its just a story for me. I hear countless stories about young guys doing this and that in the offseason and when the season comes they usually show nothing of it. That being said i hope it's not the case this time.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:45 am

Does it surprise anyone to hear Malone praising all of his players? The way he is talking, it sounds like the Golden State Warriors need to dump their roster and find some new people. :lol:

So do we believe that Lyles & Faried are fighting for "backup PF"? Or do we believe he is going with a nine man rotation with Plumlee & Hernangomez & Barton being the backup forwards?
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach
And1: 2,296

Post#13 » by Nuggets_Talk » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:32 am

Alatan wrote:I dont know if I buy this training camp achievements. Sure the guys work hard and could have indeed improved but until i see it on the court its just a story for me. I hear countless stories about young guys doing this and that in the offseason and when the season comes they usually show nothing of it. That being said i hope it's not the case this time.

my hesitation with the training camp positivity is that every single team is going through this.

every single team is having positive training camps and gushing about players X Y and Z.

until our guys prove it on the court in real games, it doenst mean too much. I guess it makes us feel better for the next 3 weeks though.
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 334

Post#14 » by Mac1958 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:54 pm

+1

Return to Denver Nuggets