Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: 2017-2018 Nuggets Training Camp/Preseason 

Post#101 » by skywalker33 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:58 am

Alatan wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
Alatan wrote:I didnt like anything that i saw offensively. Millsap to my surprise hasn't adapted at all to our offense and everyone is playing so timidly. No one is aggressive in attempts to break down the D. I love ball movement but it purpose is to get an advantage to attack and then further magnify that advantage with more ball movement and successive attacks until we get the best look. We just move the ball without any idea what to do with it unlike the previous season.
Defensively i saw much more effort than last season and i like the new PnR scheme but the effort comes and goes. We also have the problem that our back court is not only young but not long enough. I do like the defensive improvements of our young guys and the effort of everyone. Still needs more work.

I hope this is just a not enough games played together thing and not something permanent.

Guys seem hesitant to shoot and 1 second is all it take for most NBA players to rotate. CATCH-and-shoot means NOW!

Fat Lever was talking during the game and he said on Westbrook he'd go under the screen every time. Last year and this year, they are going over the screens when ever it's a guard and mostly going under on forwards.

At the end of last season, they said they were going to look for long, athletic wings - oops!

Imagine if we drafted Kuzma with our pick. I know that no one expected him to be this good but if we lucked into him we would be legit future contenders.

Alatan, you really need to get over this Kuzma love, that 20/20 hindsight crap is annoying and gets old fast . If we'd have just done......is for LOSERS !!
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#102 » by skywalker33 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:50 pm

Childress waived, not a big surprise but now we have our 15 players. let's see what we can do with it
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
MidMountain
Senior
And1: 236

Post#103 » by MidMountain » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:29 pm

It sounds like Lydon had a much better training camp than summer league: http://bsndenver.com/after-struggling-at-summer-league-tyler-lydon-feels-like-a-totally-different-player/

The article also refers to him as a wing, not a PF. He played PF in college but projects better as a SF in the NBA.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#104 » by THE J0KER » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:13 pm

Nuggets Interested In Signing Richard Jefferson

I really don't know how much ready is this 37yo veteran right now for some serious roles, but almost desperate moves with Childress first, and now with Jefferson, tell us at least one good thing: our FO actually knows that Denver have a big roster problem with a SF spot.
MidMountain
Senior
And1: 236

Post#105 » by MidMountain » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:54 pm

THE J0KER wrote:Nuggets Interested In Signing Richard Jefferson

I really don't know how much ready is this 37yo veteran right now for some serious roles, but almost desperate moves with Childress first, and now with Jefferson, tell us at least one good thing: our FO actually knows that Denver have a big roster problem with a SF spot.

They never signed Childress with the intention of him actually playing and making the team, they just wanted his veteran presence during training camp. I think the same is probably true with Richard Jefferson. They want him to be this year's Mike Miller, only playing garbage minutes but giving advice/perspective from the bench. I don't see him getting minutes ahead of Chandler, Hernangomez, or Barton.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#106 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:05 pm

MidMountain wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:Nuggets Interested In Signing Richard Jefferson

They never signed Childress with the intention of him actually playing and making the team, they just wanted his veteran presence during training camp. I think the same is probably true with Richard Jefferson. They want him to be this year's Mike Miller, only playing garbage minutes but giving advice/perspective from the bench. I don't see him getting minutes ahead of Chandler, Hernangomez, or Barton.

Plus it was nice PR adding the first Ball3 guy.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#107 » by THE J0KER » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:21 pm

But fact is that they both are SF players.

I don't think it is just coincidence, despite they can't be used more than 5-10 minutes per game.
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#108 » by U hova » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:36 am

Did you guys know Josh Kroenke and Richard Jefferson were friends.

Return to Denver Nuggets