So is Faried.....

Moderator: THE J0KER

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: So is Faried..... 

Post#41 » by The Rebel » Sun Oct 1, 2017 12:54 pm

HoopsMalone wrote:Well if teams like cleveland want him as a backup Smallball center for shumpert I guess it could make sense. Do you really want those guys though? That's what I'm talking about..

Memphis for parsons? Ew...

Dallas has a logjam in their frontcourt already and is playing for spacing. You really want wes Matthews? Yuck.

Faried isn't getting on the floor in Charlotte. They have Williams, Kaminsky, zeller, and Howard.

Look he's been on the trade block for years now. And for whatever reason nothing doing.

He's far from a hot commodity in the modern NBA. I think you're better off letting him play out the deal than getting stuck with an ugly contract. Especially after the Plumlee misstep. Nugs need to be careful, the team is getting really pricy and they haven't finished building a winner yet.

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app

Go look at the rumored deals, the Nuggets wanted the 9th overall pick for Faried from the Raptors last summer, they wanted Love for Faried and Harris, and they wanted the number 2 overall pick that was used to draft Oladipo a few years ago.

Maybe the Nuggets have been asking too much, but that does not mean that teams don't want him or that he doesn't have value.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,543

Post#42 » by Alatan » Sun Oct 1, 2017 1:00 pm

I don't want to be the hater guy but lets be serious apart from rebounds Faried doesn't bring much to the table. There is exactly 2 teams in the league where he might be a starter otherwise he is overpaid. The rest of the teams have a better, younger or a stretch PF and don't need him. If we are talking about moving Faried for equal value then it will be a difficult task but if we want just to move him that's a different story.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#43 » by The Rebel » Sun Oct 1, 2017 3:10 pm

Alatan wrote:I don't want to be the hater guy but lets be serious apart from rebounds Faried doesn't bring much to the table. There is exactly 2 teams in the league where he might be a starter otherwise he is overpaid. The rest of the teams have a better, younger or a stretch PF and don't need him. If we are talking about moving Faried for equal value then it will be a difficult task but if we want just to move him that's a different story.

YOu are significantly underrating Faried, this whole narrative that all he can do is rebound and makes me question if you guys even watch Nuggets games.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,543

Post#44 » by Alatan » Sun Oct 1, 2017 3:19 pm

The Rebel wrote:
YOu are significantly underrating Faried, this whole narrative that all he can do is rebound and makes me question if you guys even watch Nuggets games.

So what does he do except rebounding and finishing at the rim? He sure cant shoot, cant pass, cant handle the ball or drive to the rim, cant play D on the perimeter and is average rim protector at best. Am i missing something?
HoopsMalone
Veteran
And1: 1,548

Post#45 » by HoopsMalone » Sun Oct 1, 2017 4:15 pm

Yea Faried was excellent when he first came into the league. I was clamoring for either him or kawhi over kemba and biyombo. They both had unreal steal/rebound rates in college which at the time was the best predictor of nba success.

But rebounds are just not nearly as important in the new era. Teams are punting offensive rebounds and guards are racking up uncontested long rebounds and pushing the ball in transition.

Faried is a great post player, but teams have moved away completely from posting up and prefer a shooter at the 4.

His on/off numbers are light years apart depending on whether jokic is on the court or not. Which demonstrates he probably has more value on the nuggets than just about anywhere else.

I'd be skeptical of the nuggets getting a positive return here. If they can get an expiring deal and a late first rounder great. If they can find a starter at sf who can shoot even better. I'm not confident in anyone giving up much more than their own malcontents or out of the rotation guys

U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#46 » by U hova » Sun Oct 1, 2017 4:17 pm

Said another way you wouldn't say DeAndre Jordan's only offensive value is that he rebounds and catches lobs.
There's a bit more involved there that a guy like Trevor Booker who actually only rebounds and gets trashcan points can emulate or provide.

Above that, Faried's developed a small post-up game and might be a flat-out better passer than Mason Plumlee... I honestly have no idea why we re-signed Plumlee since Faried would have been a better back-up Center on a cheaper deal.
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#47 » by U hova » Sun Oct 1, 2017 4:24 pm

HoopsMalone wrote:Faried is a great post player, but teams have moved away completely from posting up and prefer a shooter at the 4.

And to expand on this one point - do you know why it is that teams prefer a shooter at the 4?

Faried is one of the better players at reading his assignment's rotations, this is something that he's had from before the Jokic days (Lawson had almost a bad habbit of forcing the ball to him). There's articles of various forms of "spacing" being created by non-shooters like Tyson Chandler, and Faried falls into the same mold.

And yeah, his on/off numbers look better with Jokic. Jokic happens to be our only reliable playmaker at the moment. I reckon a good portion of players wouldn't look good either if Cameron Payne subbed in for Westbrook.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by The Rebel » Sun Oct 1, 2017 5:24 pm

Alatan wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

So what does he do except rebounding and finishing at the rim? He sure cant shoot, cant pass, cant handle the ball or drive to the rim, cant play D on the perimeter and is average rim protector at best. Am i missing something?

Being able to catch and finish in traffic is a big deal, he is a better passer than most big men, he has beaten many PFs on drives, and shots at a 56% rate in post ups. So yes you are missing everything and basing your opinion on message board idiots that don't know anything about the team.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by The Rebel » Sun Oct 1, 2017 5:26 pm

HoopsMalone wrote:Yea Faried was excellent when he first came into the league. I was clamoring for either him or kawhi over kemba and biyombo. They both had unreal steal/rebound rates in college which at the time was the best predictor of nba success.

But rebounds are just not nearly as important in the new era. Teams are punting offensive rebounds and guards are racking up uncontested long rebounds and pushing the ball in transition.

Faried is a great post player, but teams have moved away completely from posting up and prefer a shooter at the 4.

His on/off numbers are light years apart depending on whether jokic is on the court or not. Which demonstrates he probably has more value on the nuggets than just about anywhere else.

I'd be skeptical of the nuggets getting a positive return here. If they can get an expiring deal and a late first rounder great. If they can find a starter at sf who can shoot even better. I'm not confident in anyone giving up much more than their own malcontents or out of the rotation guys

The more you post the more obvious it becomes that you don't believe in knowing anything about a player before acting like you are an expert.
MidMountain
Senior
And1: 236

Post#50 » by MidMountain » Mon Oct 2, 2017 3:05 pm

I thinks it's accurate to say that the unique thing that Faried brings to thing the table, that nobody else can, is his rebounding, but like Rebel has pointed out it's not the only skill he has. He is above average at catching and finishing. He is an average defender but a subpar shooter. He is a below-average starter, which makes him an elite backup. In the black and white thinking of many fans, he's not an all-star so he's trash.

Return to Denver Nuggets