Northwest Division

Moderator: THE J0KER

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Northwest Division 

Post#1 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:24 pm

I've heard/read too much about "all of the teams in the northwest division have improved".
OKC - Yup, I get it.
Denver - swap of Millsap for Gallinari - we'll need to see, but it seems like the improvement will be based on the young players improving - much as I love having Millsap here.
Portland - biggest improvement was made last year - acquiring Nurkic
Minnesota - sure did sign a nice bunch of veterans - not sure how well the pieces will fit - we'll need to see
Utah - don't see much improvement this off-season, but still believe they'll be good enough to contend for a playoff slot.

Best team in the division seems obvious - OKC
Worst team in the division seems like a five-way battle.
Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Re: Northwest Division 

Post#2 » by Lava Rock Kid » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:18 pm

1st in division, OKC, Paul George was a great addition, I think Melo was a subtraction at this point of his career
2nd in division Minnesota, I like their addition point guard, It is time for them to take the league
3rd in division Utah, Improved defense, Rubio has always been a positive in advance stats of offense.
4th in division Denver, I believe Gallinari is better than an aging Millsap at this point, Advance stats show Millsap has declined significantly like most undersized big men do at this point of their carrer. See carlos boozer.
5th in division Portland How did they improve again? Not sure

It is great that only a couple of years ago this division was the worst in the west.

Looking forward to Game 1 Denver VS Utah
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#3 » by skywalker33 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:18 pm

Lava Rock Kid wrote:1st in division, OKC, Paul George was a great addition, I think Melo was a subtraction at this point of his career
2nd in division Minnesota, I like their addition point guard, It is time for them to take the league
3rd in division Utah, Improved defense, Rubio has always been a positive in advance stats of offense.
4th in division Denver, I believe Gallinari is better than an aging Millsap at this point, Advance stats show Millsap has declined significantly like most undersized big men do at this point of their carrer. See carlos boozer.

It is great that only a couple of years ago this division was the worst in the west.

Chemistry is going to be the problem in MIN, mark my words on that. Can't see how you put UTH ahead of DEN with the loss of 2 starters in Hayward and Hill. Gallo never brought the D that Milsap does and with Jokic's playmaking, Milsap will have better opportunities. Rubio has NEVER won anything, nor has MIN for that matter. However, everyone is entitled to their opinion (no matter how wrong it is..on this forum :wink: )
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:36 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Lava Rock Kid wrote:1st in division, OKC, Paul George was a great addition, I think Melo was a subtraction at this point of his career

Chemistry is going to be the problem in MIN, mark my words on that. Can't see how you put UTH ahead of DE with the loss of 2 starters in Hayward and Hill. Gallo never brought the D that Milsap does and with Jokic's playmaking, Milsap will have better opportunities. Rubio has NEVER won anything, nor has MIN for that matter. However, everyone is entitled to their opinion (no matter how wrong it is..on this forum :wink: )

Well, predicting Minnesota ahead of Denver is an annual event for most NBA fans.
Utah's defense will probably be improved but against modern NBA teams, defense is only to slow things down. These guys are impossible to stop. That means scoring will be important and I see almost all the Jazz broadcasts and even their own announcers/reports are wondering and/or hoping about scoring. Biggest question? Who's the go-to guy?
As for Portland, how did they improve? Look at the Nurkic trade and the difference from before the trade and after. 'Nuff said.
skywalker33

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:03 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Chemistry is going to be the problem in MIN, mark my words on that. Can't see how you put UTH ahead of DE with the loss of 2 starters in Hayward and Hill. Gallo never brought the D that Milsap does and with Jokic's playmaking, Milsap will have better opportunities. Rubio has NEVER won anything, nor has MIN for that matter. However, everyone is entitled to their opinion (no matter how wrong it is..on this forum :wink: )

Well, predicting Minnesota ahead of Denver is an annual event for most NBA fans.
Utah's defense will probably be improved but against modern NBA teams, defense is only to slow things down. These guys are impossible to stop. That means scoring will be important and I see almost all the Jazz broadcasts and even their own announcers/reports are wondering and/or hoping about scoring. Biggest question? Who's the go-to guy?
As for Portland, how did they improve? Look at the Nurkic trade and the difference from before the trade and after. 'Nuff said.

POR didn’t pick up Nurkics option, can’t wait to see that potential implosion

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:07 am

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Yeah, but just RFA, on the other hand, they don't look to have any cap space next year. So who knows?
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach
And1: 2,296

Post#7 » by Nuggets_Talk » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:43 am

sounds exactly like a post a jazz fan would say.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#8 » by psimanic1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:23 pm

I see us right there with OKC, they are better probably but just like Lebrons Miami team they will also have problems in first season(if it comes to the 2nd one it could be better) and us and Portland should atleast have that advantage. MIN could be good but could also be worse than last years CHI team, yes they have KAT and Wiggins and Butler and... but playing 35+ min every night as Tim likes it could really **** them up so...I see us as 2nd in our division and from 4-7 in West..
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#9 » by The Rebel » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:42 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

I don't believe that Nurkic had an option, he is eligible for an extension and will be restricted next summer.
Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Post#10 » by Lava Rock Kid » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:39 am

Nuggets_Talk wrote:

Denver and Utah are interesting. They are opposite teams. Denver is all offense and poor in defense. Utah is all defense and poor on offense. Assuming both teams stay healthy it will be interesting to see who has the better record.
skywalker33

Post#11 » by skywalker33 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:05 am

Lava Rock Kid wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:

Denver and Utah are interesting. They are opposite teams. Denver is all offense and poor in defense. Utah is all defense and poor on offense. Assuming both teams stay healthy it will be interesting to see who has the better record.

Most Power rankings have UTH as a lottery team, DEN in the top 14. Injuries (such as the one to Barton today) can easily change thing, but I see UTH having lost too much top end talent to compete.

Return to Denver Nuggets