Soft Nuggets

Moderator: THE J0KER

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Soft Nuggets 

Post#1 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:04 pm

Last year we heard national announcers and others talking about the Nuggets being "soft".
Last night, just 92 seconds into the game, Westbrook leveled Jokic.
Just heard on radio the Nuggets should expect more of that because they can score at will but when they are played physical, they are ineffective.

What should have happened after Westbrook leveled Jokic? 20 years ago, the response last night was nobody did anything.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: Soft Nuggets 

Post#2 » by The Rebel » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:53 pm

The team is soft, Jokic maybe the toughest guy on the team, and we have nobody with the balls to stand up for their teammates. Until we get that this team's ceiling is limited.

In the old days Westbrook did that, and he as well as the other stars on that team were getting knocked on their ass every time they tried to drive.
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#3 » by U hova » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:39 pm

Nurkic would have leveld him
Thanks for Plumlee Portland.
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#4 » by DaFan334 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:55 am

To an extent I think its also over reaction to the preseason. I haven't had any sort of feel that everyone was taking these games all that seriously. It might be a little bit of an issue, but hopefully a bit more effort is given during the regular season when games count. I also feel like our fan base isn't that use to seeing preseason games as this seems like the first time in forever that any of our games were televised. Just my take on it.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#5 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:13 am

DaFan334 wrote:To an extent I think its also over reaction to the preseason. I haven't had any sort of feel that everyone was taking these games all that seriously. It might be a little bit of an issue, but hopefully a bit more effort is given during the regular season when games count. I also feel like our fan base isn't that use to seeing preseason games as this seems like the first time in forever that any of our games were televised. Just my take on it.

Seems like Westbrook was taking these games seriously - he sent a message right from the beginning.
MidMountain
Senior
And1: 236

Post#6 » by MidMountain » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:08 pm

U hova wrote:Nurkic would have leveld him
Thanks for Plumlee Portland.

No, Nurkic would have been pouting outside after having LEFT THE ARENA DURING THE GAME!!!

Return to Denver Nuggets