Oct 25 @ Char
Oct 27 @ Atl
Oct 29 @ NJ
Oct 30 @ NY
Nov 1 v Tor
Nov 3 v Mia
Nov 4 v GS

Back-to-back Oct 29-30 NJ then NY --- not too bad
Back-to-back Nov 3-4 Mia then GSW --- tough 2nd game, but any game against them will be tough

Four game East Coast road trip starting with game 4.
That's a little brutal. But some think road trips help young teams bond.

There are some teams here that Denver should be able to beat. I'd like to predict 7 wins but truly expect 6 wins. I'd be a little disappointed with a 5-5 start and discouraged by a 4-6 start.
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach
And1: 2,296

Re: Games 1-10 

Post#2 » by Nuggets_Talk » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:42 am

some tough teams in there plus the nuggets always play down to the competition, i wouldnt be surprised if we were 5-5 or 4-6.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#3 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:27 am

Nuggets_Talk wrote:some tough teams in there plus the nuggets always play down to the competition, i wouldnt be surprised if we were 5-5 or 4-6.

Pessimist :lol: Unfortunately, as much as I want to disagree and I hate to start out as a pessimist, my brain tells me you could be right but my heart just won't believe my brain. :wink:
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#4 » by psimanic1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:35 pm

Cmon guuuys, where is that first game thread!
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:47 pm

I think we'll get 6 wins outta the 1st 10
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
MidMountain
Senior
And1: 236

Post#6 » by MidMountain » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:37 pm

A 60% win pctg. should be the goal this season. I'd be OK with going .500 for the first couple months to see if this team can start to gel.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:02 pm

Last game was winable but we let one of the worst offensive teams in the league score 106 and we decide to become allergic to scoring in the 4th quarter.

Sacramento at home is next. Lots of young players, lots of new players, not a very good team last year and they are on the road. If the Nuggets lose this one, they ought to hang their heads in shame!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#8 » by THE J0KER » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:03 am

Am I'm the first one here who already started to panic?

Jokic is scoreless in the 3rd quarter vs Utah.
Jokic is scoreless in the 4th quarter vs Utah.
Jokic is scoreless in the 1st quarter vs Sacramento.
Jokic is scoreless in the 2nd quarter vs Sacramento.
Jokic is scoreless in the 3rd quarter vs Sacramento.
Jokic is scoreless in the 4th quarter vs Sacramento.

One more consecutive scoreless quarter for Nikola and a giant meteor will hit the Earth! :tooth
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,185

Post#9 » by Mickey8 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:17 am

Maybe he's boycotting Malone, just saying.
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#10 » by U hova » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:30 am

Mickey8 wrote:Maybe he's boycotting Malone, just saying.

I hope so, that dude is a clown.
HoopsMalone
Veteran
And1: 1,548

Post#11 » by HoopsMalone » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:38 am

I came here to post the exact same thing... like it's gotta be some kind of issue he's having with the staff. Maybe he didn't like them saying they didn't want a jokic centered offense and he's making some sort of point?

It's just too odd that one of the most unstoppable scorers I've ever seen just suddenly won't even attempt to score.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#12 » by THE J0KER » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:04 am

He started the very first half of this season on same way like he played at the end of previous: 7pt-5rb-6as and Denver lead that half with a familiar type of 60-50 score... but then we have this!?

Also, it is not only about Nikola. Denver whole last season out of 82 matches have just 6 with a 96 or fewer points. This season is started with a 2 out of 2 (under 96.5)!

BTW I don't want to speculate, but if he is unhappy because something, maybe it is connected with how FO treated this summer guys who have best oncourt/offcourt chemistry with Jokic: Miller and Nelson are dumped, Faried is close to the exit doors because Plumlee got advantage, and Harris still not signed extension (and he is the part of serious trade talks this summer).
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,185

Post#13 » by Mickey8 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:03 am

HoopsMalone wrote:

I came here to post the exact same thing... like it's gotta be some kind of issue he's having with the staff. Maybe he didn't like them saying they didn't want a jokic centered offense and he's making some sort of point?

It's just too odd that one of the most unstoppable scorers I've ever seen just suddenly won't even attempt to score.

Malone clearly stated before start of this season that Jokic will not have same role on the team , he had last year. There was a good podcast on Denver Nuggets fan website about that issue , it seems Malone's plan for Jokic is to play second fiddle to Millsap , maybe that is not sitting well with Jokic so he's playing mind games with Malone. Also I have noticed that there was no set up plays for Jokic in the first two games of the season , maybe he was mad that he didn't get enough of good touches in the first game against Utah, so he decided to fool around in this game. I know those are all speculation's but something is definitely up.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:43 pm

Yuppers - Malone likes to let everyone know he's in charge. Jokic-centric offense worked last year, so Malone said they wouldn't use Jokic so much this year. Hernangomez looked like our best shooter last year, so he's taken one shot in very limited minutes. He still hasn't told us who our PG is. Murray's playing less than half-a-game, even though he's starting. Barton & Mudiay are playing more minutes than Murray.

Well, at least we won against the Kings but then again, we looked pretty good against the Lakers in the pre-season and our offense was pathetic IMO and our defense wasn't all that good. Fortunately the Kings missed a lot of open shots.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#15 » by The Rebel » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:23 pm

If Malone expects Millsap to be the primary option on offense he is a bigger idiot than I thought. Millsap is a good 2nd option, a,d great 3rd option, he is not a 1 option.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:44 pm

Not sure the Wizards stats are not all that impressive, but the one that counts is they are 2-0.
For those who are glad we did not offer Oubre anything this off-season; don't look at his stats. He's their second best SF and he's looking mighty fine after just two games.

This is one of those games I'd give the Nuggets a chance of winning, maybe even favor them a little; but I haven't seen enough to make me believe they can beat Washington even at home. Worse, their guards might just be able to really dominate against us.

PG = Wizards
SG - even
SF = Wizards
PF = Denver
C = Denver
Bench = Wizards
Coach = Wizards --- but that's just my opinion and I'm still hoping for a win. It'll take Jokic & Harris both scoring more!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#17 » by The Rebel » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:45 am

NuggetsWY wrote:Not sure the Wizards stats are not all that impressive, but the one that counts is they are 2-0.
For those who are glad we did not offer Oubre anything this off-season; don't look at his stats. He's their second best SF and he's looking mighty fine after just two games.

This is one of those games I'd give the Nuggets a chance of winning, maybe even favor them a little; but I haven't seen enough to make me believe they can beat Washington even at home. Worse, their guards might just be able to really dominate against us.

PG = Wizards
SG - even
SF = Wizards
PF = Denver
C = Denver
Bench = Wizards
Coach = Wizards --- but that's just my opinion and I'm still hoping for a win. It'll take Jokic & Harris both scoring more!

Oubre wasn't available this last summer.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#18 » by THE J0KER » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:17 am

THE J0KER wrote:Am I'm the first one here who already started to panic?

Jokic is scoreless in the 3rd quarter vs Utah.
Jokic is scoreless in the 4th quarter vs Utah.
Jokic is scoreless in the 1st quarter vs Sacramento.
Jokic is scoreless in the 2nd quarter vs Sacramento.
Jokic is scoreless in the 3rd quarter vs Sacramento.
Jokic is scoreless in the 4th quarter vs Sacramento.

One more consecutive scoreless quarter for Nikola and a giant meteor will hit the Earth! :tooth

World is saved!!! :rockon:
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:04 am

The Rebel wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Not sure the Wizards stats are not all that impressive, but the one that counts is they are 2-0.

PG = Wizards
SG - even
SF = Wizards
PF = Denver
C = Denver
Bench = Wizards

Oubre wasn't available this last summer.

Oh yeah, you're right of course. I was thinking RFA but the discussion regarding him was a trade to create space to sign Porter - clearly they didn't need to do that. Oh well, he was on my list of five young SFs that I was hoping we might be able to grab, steal, or entice.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#20 » by THE J0KER » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:11 am

To be very honest, I expected 3-0 start this season, but after 1-2 I don't see reasons for a panic button.

We wasted double-digit lead vs Utah in last 15 minutes, and tonight we are close to beat a very good team if refs don't have several ridicules decisions in last minute of the match.

Harris have one of the worst matches in 2017, Jokic broke his personal record in turnovers, only two starters finished in double-digits, but we almost beat a very good team, which means we improved our defense.

And to be clean, if there are chances to get Bledsoe for Faried and Mudiay even if we must to give our 2018 or 2019 pick, we should do it. It is sad to see healthy Faried playing just about 10 minutes in a match where Juancho and Lyles are not played at all.

Return to Denver Nuggets