ImageImageImage

Game 1: Denver Nuggets @ Utah Jazz 7pmMT

Moderator: THE J0KER

Lala870
Starter
And1: 1,487

Re: Game 1: Denver Nuggets @ Utah Jazz 7pmMT 

Post#21 » by Lala870 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:04 am

without getting into advanced analytics, metrics, FA, etc. a huge issue for denver teams in recent years is there is not alpha dog on the team.

No one seems to care win or lose on the nuggets... big problem. Zero leadership... you rarely will see any emotion on the court good or bad. malone will occasionally get upset at a bad call but so did b shaw

Fortunate denver was able to draft melo when they did... outside of that one of the worst run orgs in basketball in last 10-20 years. can't attract any star players (sorry millsapp doesn't count) although to denvers credit the culture in the NBA regarding FA is garbage anyway.

I wouldn't buy tickets though to such a mediocre product!
Al Harrington is my inspiration for weed entrepreneurship!
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,258

Post#22 » by skywalker33 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:06 am

Lava Rock Kid wrote:Defense needs real improvement. They allowed a bad offensive team to drop 106 points

SOOOOO enlightening, you are still such a little troll. Love that low-blow you made regarding the Hayward injury over on the BOS forum, shows you're a real class act :roll: .

Enjoy the win but it's a LONG season.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#23 » by Powder Blue » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:09 am

Kinda wish they had a shot blocker on this roster

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,627

Post#24 » by Cappy_Smurf » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:16 am

Lala870 wrote:without getting into advanced analytics, metrics, FA, etc. a huge issue for denver teams in recent years is there is not alpha dog on the team.

No one seems to care win or lose on the nuggets... big problem. Zero leadership... you rarely will see any emotion on the court good or bad. malone will occasionally get upset at a bad call but so did b shaw

Fortunate denver was able to draft melo when they did... outside of that one of the worst run orgs in basketball in last 10-20 years. can't attract any star players (sorry millsapp doesn't count) although to denvers credit the culture in the NBA regarding FA is garbage anyway.

Oi. As a Jazz fan, I was impressed with Denver's offense tonight. Millsap was a great pickup, but I guess some people will dismiss anything that gets in the way of their complaining.

Denver is a young team, and Utah isn't easy to close out in their building. They finally got something going towards the end, but Denver looked like our daddy for a good part of the game. You guys have a legit star in Jokic, and one of the best front courts in the league with some dangerous shooters to boot.

Anyway, I think nugget fans have a lot to look forward to this year. I've got you in the playoffs with around 50 wins. As long as you're expectations aren't too unrealistic, I'd think most fans would be happy with where this team is at.

GG
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#25 » by KqWIN » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:53 am

When teams start to struggle, they often look to guy to try to help them get out of it single handedly. Heck, that was Joe Johnson for the Jazz tonight. Having said that, I don't think that's the right approach for this Denver team. Denver's offense is terrific. When Jokic has the ball at the top of the key and they're running motion all around him it's very difficult to guard. They went away from that once things got hairy and it turned into a your turn, my turn type of offense. Millsap, Barton, Jokic ect. all had their swings at hero ball and it did not work. The lack of composure opened the door for Utah and they ran away with it in a hurry.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#26 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:56 am

The Nuggets excuse in their last pre-season game is that they had a hard training camp and they were tired. Most coaches ease into the season a little bit at least. Maybe the reason they ran out of gas at the end of the game was minutes played.

35:46 Harris
35:33 Jokic
34:21 Chandler
33:30 Millsap
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,195

Post#27 » by Mickey8 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:53 am

I doubt Malone will finish season as the head coach of this team.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,281

Post#28 » by Yuri Vaultin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:00 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:Mudiay had as many minutes as Murray but his +/- was -12 and Murray was +9.

the plus minus doesn't give the story though. As I wrote during the game

Yuri Vaultin wrote:I kinda feel bad for Mudiay here looking at the +/-. Since the guy has been on the floor every single one of his team mates have turned the ball over multiple times... often back to back. Granted the kid hasn't been putting the ball in the hoop but the spacing seems to be dreadful for him to drive and kick the ball. Plumlee has been out of control.

It was crazy - Plumlee had back to back turnovers and maybe even a third one from a charge. Jokic came in and immediately coughed up the ball twice (maybe 3 times in a row) on successive possessions. Barton who was on fire in the first half just started shooting from everywhere. The defense was atrocious, especially in the paint. If you have Murray out during that spell then all of a sudden their +/- are switched and Mudiay looks like he should have got more burn.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#29 » by BudTugly » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:43 pm

GG Denver, whew your offense is a handful.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,258

Post#30 » by skywalker33 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:24 pm

NuggetsWY wrote: Maybe the reason they ran out of gas at the end of the game was minutes played

They had a WEEK off while most teams were still playing their preseason games, surely they were well rested.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,589

Post#31 » by Alatan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Trade of Plumlee and Mudiay please... That 4th quarter was hard to watch.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#32 » by The Rebel » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:43 pm

the real bets this season is how many minutes Malone plays Barton as PG, and how long it takes him to figure out that Mudiay is never going to be effective on the court with Plumlee, Barton, and Chandler.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#33 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:27 am

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote: Maybe the reason they ran out of gas at the end of the game was minutes played

They had a WEEK off while most teams were still playing their preseason games, surely they were well rested.

No games does not mean "WEEK off" - not with Malone running practices. By all reports, he's been working them hard. Of course in the long run, it could make them better, but it might be costing them early, as they build up "game endurance".
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach
And1: 2,296

Post#34 » by Nuggets_Talk » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:34 am

Lala870 wrote:without getting into advanced analytics, metrics, FA, etc. a huge issue for denver teams in recent years is there is not alpha dog on the team.

Sounds like it was written by the actual lala

And why again does millsap not count?

Return to Denver Nuggets