After 20 games ?
40%
By the All-Star game ?
No votes
He last thru the season ?
20%
He lasts longer than this poll ?
40%
He gets canned after the season, despite getting his contract extended ?
No votes

Total votes: 5

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

How long does Malone last ??? 

Post#1 » by skywalker33 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:08 am

Well, it's becoming more and more apparent that Malone isn't the coach to lead this team, he has the talent, where's the production ?? . His rotations have been in question, his game management skills deplorable and he's said to be a players coach yet has alienated more than one Denver Nugget so far....where is his upside ????
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Re: How long does Malone last ??? 

Post#2 » by eathb_au » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:14 am

Contracted for next season

I expect him to be coach until next season at least even if we miss the playoffs. Unless we have a bottom 5 record or something.
skywalker33

Post#3 » by skywalker33 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:20 am

If we don't make the playoffs AGAIN, the FO is gonna have a meltdown !!

Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,167

Post#4 » by Mickey8 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:24 am

I don't think Denver will make to play offs , they will be on the verge like the last season but wont get in, that's why FO have to shake things up before its to late.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#5 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:27 am

Anybody remember the "9-Man Rotation" statement? It made a good sound bite during the off-season. I scoffed, as did others. He can rationalize that he had a plan and/or he can rationalize that his players aren't playing well; but clearly Malone didn't know what he was saying back then.

9 guys have played in all 7 games - Beasley is one of those and he's only averaging 7 mpg. That's not really "rotation".

If you just look at mpg; 4 guys are playing 30+ mpg and only 2 more are averaging over 24 mpg. That's more like a 6 man rotation; while struggling to figure out who else to play.

If you look at the top 9 mpg players, you have Arthur at 11.7 mpg or Faried at 9.8 mpg depending on minutes or nbr of games. Plumlee is #8 at 16.8 mpg.

My best analysis says that Malone has a rotation that is basically the typist's version of hunt-and-peck.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:33 am

Mickey8 wrote:I don't think Denver will make to play offs , they will be on the verge like the last season but wont get in, that's why FO have to shake things up before its to late.

What shake-up do you suggest?

Starters? Seem good with Jokic, Millsap, Chandler, Harris, Murray. Could be better but that lineup should make the playoffs.

Bench? Plumlee, Faried, Hernangomez, Barton, Beasley, Mudiay seems reasonably capable.

Deep bench? Arthur, Lyles, Lydon, Jefferson? Some decent bench play there, with a couple of question marks.

Not a fan of the front office this off-season, but they've still got a viable team, talent-wise. If a coach can't get that roster to play well, there's a problem. There are ZERO major attitude issue-type players.
MidMountain
Senior
And1: 236

Post#7 » by MidMountain » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:54 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:Anybody remember the "9-Man Rotation" statement? It made a good sound bite during the off-season. I scoffed, as did others. He can rationalize that he had a plan and/or he can rationalize that his players aren't playing well; but clearly Malone didn't know what he was saying back then.

9 guys have played in all 7 games - Beasley is one of those and he's only averaging 7 mpg. That's not really "rotation".

If you just look at mpg; 4 guys are playing 30+ mpg and only 2 more are averaging over 24 mpg. That's more like a 6 man rotation; while struggling to figure out who else to play.

If you look at the top 9 mpg players, you have Arthur at 11.7 mpg or Faried at 9.8 mpg depending on minutes or nbr of games. Plumlee is #8 at 16.8 mpg.

My best analysis says that Malone has a rotation that is basically the typist's version of hunt-and-peck.

The top 8 are pretty clear: Murray, Harris, Chandler, Millsap, Barton, Mudiay, Plumlee. 24 minutes is a pretty high bar for calling a player part of the rotation. I would say Mudiay with 21mpg and Plumlee at 17mpg are definitely part of the rotation. Faried and Beasley seem to be the 9th/10th. That spot was probably planned to be Jauncho's. I would say Malone has been pretty close, using an 8-man rotation consistently and having to adjust a bit because of Jauncho's illness.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#8 » by Mickey8 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:28 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:I don't think Denver will make to play offs , they will be on the verge like the last season but wont get in, that's why FO have to shake things up before its to late.

Starters? Seem good with Jokic, Millsap, Chandler, Harris, Murray. Could be better but that lineup should make the playoffs.

Bench? Plumlee, Faried, Hernangomez, Barton, Beasley, Mudiay seems reasonably capable.

Deep bench? Arthur, Lyles, Lydon, Jefferson? Some decent bench play there, with a couple of question marks.

Not a fan of the front office this off-season, but they've still got a viable team, talent-wise. If a coach can't get that roster to play well, there's a problem. There are ZERO major attitude issue-type players.

Get better coach, trade for Bledose , that should be a nice start.
skywalker33

Post#9 » by skywalker33 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:48 pm

Mickey8 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

HAve you noticed the production we're getting from our PG's lately ??? Sign of good things to come but worth watching develop IMO. Bledsoe would cost us more than his worth IMO, would rather just move on w/o the overpayment necessary to get him. Malone seems to be holding this team back, he'd be the first move to make.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:23 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:What shake-up do you suggest?

HAve you noticed the production we're getting from our PG's lately ??? Sign of good things to come but worth watching develop IMO. Bledsoe would cost us more than his worth IMO, would rather just move on w/o the overpayment necessary to get him. Malone seems to be holding this team back, he'd be the first move to make.

Now Sky, you know "Bledsoe is the answer to all problems" - at least to some folks. Has anyone noticed his assist-to-turnover ratio is worse than any of the Nuggets? Not just this year; career stat. With all of his injury issues, he's not likely to play all year and his former defensive prowess might diminish with his injury issues; plus, as you say, the Nuggets' PGs seem to be doing just as well or at least showing the potential to be just as good as Bledsoe. We seem likely to make the playoffs without Bledsoe and with him, we still seem likely to face a first-round exit. Just leaves me puzzled as to why Bledsoe is the answer.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Mickey8 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:41 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:What shake-up do you suggest?

Mudiaye had few solid scoring games ,but in general he still makes dumb decisions on the court also Murray can't play PG position at all, basically Denver have one PG available which is not that good , you can't really on two very green players at pg position, you need some experience If you want some kind of success , I really think Bledsoe would improve this team , he's been mishandled in Phoenix past couple of season due to team tanking, so people forget how solid he is as a player.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:05 pm

Mickey8 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:Get better coach, trade for Bledose , that should be a nice start.

Mudiaye had few solid scoring games ,but in general he still makes dumb decisions on the court also Murray can't play PG position at all, basically Denver have one PG available which is not that good , you can't really on two very green players at pg position, you need some experience If you want some kind of success , I really think Bledsoe would improve this team , he's been mishandled in Phoenix past couple of season due to team tanking, so people forget how solid he is as a player.

OK, I'll forget about his injuries and I'll ignore that Murray's productivity is going up and his style isn't really "point guard" but that's OK because there are a few other "point guards" that aren't really "point guards": Curry, Irving, Harden, etc. Murray needs a year or two. I get it. But with or without Bledsoe the Nuggets seem posed for a first round playoff exit. So remind me again why the Nuggets should trade young talent for a rental of a couple years?
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Mickey8 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:09 pm

Maybe with Bledsoe Nuggets can avoid Golden State in the first round and even if they don't , you want your young players to experience play off basketball, even if they loose badly , what's the point of having the season if you don't have aspiration to compete in elimination phase of the competition :roll: I think Mudiaye is tradable asset for the Nuggets, I don't think he will ever improve that much , maybe throw in draft pick, Faried , you have to try to improve your team through trade .
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Nov 1, 2017 12:12 am

Mickey8 wrote:Maybe with Bledsoe Nuggets can avoid Golden State in the first round and even if they don't , you want your young players to experience play off basketball, even if they loose badly , what's the point of having the season if you don't have aspiration to compete in elimination phase of the competition :roll: I think Mudiaye is tradable asset for the Nuggets, I don't think he will ever improve that much , maybe throw in draft pick, Faried , you have to try to improve your team through trade .

Interesting way of looking at things. If we get Bledsoe, he can play with Harris & Barton and Murray can sit on the bench most of the time. That means he won't experience much playoff time except as a cheerleader because Malone proved last year that he'll play the veterans over the young players. And you're ready to throw Mudiay under the bus even though he's starting to show some good stuff.

Calling Mudiay a "trade-able asset" is rather silly when you say you don't believe in him. That's what Phoenix is doing with Bledsoe. That blasted him publicly. So what is a "trade-able asset"? One that has value. Right now Bledsoe's value is plummeting and Mudiay's is going up. A "trade-able asset" would be Jokic or Murray or Harris. You have a strange way of looking at things. But that's OK, you probably figure the same thing about me. I'm going to drop this whole conversation, but thanks for the entertainment.
skywalker33

Post#15 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 1, 2017 12:37 am

Mickey8 wrote:Maybe with Bledsoe Nuggets can avoid Golden State in the first round and even if they don't , you want your young players to experience play off basketball, even if they loose badly , what's the point of having the season if you don't have aspiration to compete in elimination phase of the competition :roll: I think Mudiaye is tradable asset for the Nuggets, I don't think he will ever improve that much , maybe throw in draft pick, Faried , you have to try to improve your team through trade .

Very short-sighted on Mudiay, the guy is only 21yo, but that's your opinion not mine. Typically, most young PG's don't establish their game until 23-25yo so Mudiay is on track IMO. And if you think Bledsoe and his poor assist-to-turnover ratio will improve our team (Mudiay is even better for his career than Bledsoe) think long term. I can see his defense helping but at the cost it would take I don't see his "improvements" outweighing the costs. PHX has already asked NYK for Ntilikina and a 2018 1st, that's two lottery picks. And as you have pointed out, your opinion states you think Mudiay is our only PG, we'd still need a backup, why keep us stuck at only one PG. Then there's the fact that it will take minutes away from Murray as well, no thanks !

**Add on ** Right now Mudiay is averaging 11.6ppg on 39% shoot 50% on 3pters and 83%FT....seems like he's improving to me

skywalker33

Post#16 » by skywalker33 » Sun Nov 5, 2017 5:56 pm

While I really didn’t expect us to beat GSW, becomes more and more apparent Malone is the problem. Definitely see some desenvive abilities rising, as has been noted we’ve also noticed an offensive decrease. Given the talent we have on this team that’s totally unacceptable and shows more of Malone’s ineptitudess a coach.

skywalker33

Post#17 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:41 am

Bump

Maybe this thread needs to be addressed again.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:52 pm

:lol: Should we do a new poll? - Clearly he made 20 games (in an very unimpressive manner last night). <sigh> When your boss is a friend, it sure helps you keep your job. ;-)

Return to Denver Nuggets