ImageImageImage

2018 Draft Prospects

Moderator: THE J0KER

youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,608

Re: 2018 Draft Prospects 

Post#101 » by youngthegiant » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:32 am

There are three guys in our range who I think could help the roster out immediately. Troy Brown Jr. would take the Torrey Craig Role. With his defense, size, playmaking ability. He brings a lot to the table and is only 18 years old. When Mikal Bridges was 18 he was averaging 6 ppg and shooting 29% from the 3. Troy Brown Jr. is going to get a lot better and will be able to defend 1-4. Shai Gilgeuos Alexander. A defensive backup pg who can play multiple positions. 6'6 with a 7 foot wingspan, has a very smooth controlled game. Lastly Robert Williams. A great athletic Center who can defend out on the perimeter and block shots. He's a guy who could help Jokic out in the defensive side of the court immediately.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#102 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:50 am

youngthegiant wrote:There are three guys in our range who I think could help the roster out immediately. Troy Brown Jr. would take the Torrey Craig Role. With his defense, size, playmaking ability. He brings a lot to the table and is only 18 years old. When Mikal Bridges was 18 he was averaging 6 ppg and shooting 29% from the 3. Troy Brown Jr. is going to get a lot better and will be able to defend 1-4. Shai Gilgeuos Alexander. A defensive backup pg who can play multiple positions. 6'6 with a 7 foot wingspan, has a very smooth controlled game. Lastly Robert Williams. A great athletic Center who can defend out on the perimeter and block shots. He's a guy who could help Jokic out in the defensive side of the court immediately.

I'm a fan of almost any of the SFs available in the first round - but I'm desperate for a small forward. :lol:

I wouldn't mind a backup center but again, in my mind that would be a second round pick, at least this year.

I also wouldn't mind a backup PG unless we keep Morris or perhaps even if we do keep him, but to me that's another second round option. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander seems like more of a combo-guard than a PG. So I'd have to listen to everyone griping that he's not a real PG (like we've had with Murray). :nod: I love it when he drives and he's not afraid of contact but he's not a leaper so we'd hear about Jokic & G-A not being able to dunk. :wink: What I don't like is his weight. He seems too thin to handle many NBA players when he's on defense. His ball handling reminds me of Barton but he doesn't seem to take 3 point shots. So I'd take him for sure, but only in the second round. Oh yeah, I love his attitude from what I've read about him.
SoCalNuggsFan
Senior
And1: 440

Post#103 » by SoCalNuggsFan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:09 pm

If we drafted SGA and traded for Kyle Anderson, we’d be 4/5ths if the way to putting out the slowest lineup ever assembled.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#104 » by skywalker33 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:24 pm

SoCalNuggsFan wrote:If we drafted SGA and traded for Kyle Anderson, we’d be 4/5ths if the way to putting out the slowest lineup ever assembled.

Yeah but the high altitude would compensate, right ?? :lol:
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#105 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:27 am

OK, the Nuggets' season is done, so I've taken time to sit down and watch some games/videos of prospects. I'm considering only small forward for our first round pick. If we can trade for a good, young SF; then all my current analysis goes bye-bye. Second round I would love a backup center but I'm not going to try to analyze that far into the draft. My third priority would a point guard but my hope there is that we give Monte Morris a slot and add a veteran point guard at the veterans minimum.

Kevin Knox looks like a player along the lines of Hernangomez & Lydon but I like what I see. He'd be my third option for the Nuggets and if anyone thinks someone else fits better; I won't defend my choice of Knox.

My two favorites both improved their shooting significantly and I love a player that shows significant improvements.

Mikal Bridges looks to be almost ideal for the Nuggets. He surely can score and he's a solid man-defender. I'm not fond of his assist-to-turnover ratio but that's about the worst thing I can see about him and it doesn't scare me on the Nuggets. His 7'2" wingspan is clearly attractive. He's not likely to be available for the Nuggets but if he is, I'm betting they select him. So why is he my second choice?

Miles Bridges would be my first choice for the Nuggets. It is not because of his excellent scoring nor his nice defensive rebounding. Like Mikal, I'm not worried about his assist-to-turnover ration if he's on the Nuggets. The reason he's my first choice for the Nuggets is because of his hustle: he seems to have perfect timing on his cuts to the basket and he isn't afraid to finish in traffic and he can finish with either hand. Last point is: he seems much stronger than most players anywhere close to his size.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,608

Post#106 » by youngthegiant » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:25 am

NuggetsWY wrote:OK, the Nuggets' season is done, so I've taken time to sit down and watch some games/videos of prospects. I'm considering only small forward for our first round pick. If we can trade for a good, young SF; then all my current analysis goes bye-bye. Second round I would love a backup center but I'm not going to try to analyze that far into the draft. My third priority would a point guard but my hope there is that we give Monte Morris a slot and add a veteran point guard at the veterans minimum.

Kevin Knox looks like a player along the lines of Hernangomez & Lydon but I like what I see. He'd be my third option for the Nuggets and if anyone thinks someone else fits better; I won't defend my choice of Knox.

My two favorites both improved their shooting significantly and I love a player that shows significant improvements.

Mikal Bridges looks to be almost ideal for the Nuggets. He surely can score and he's a solid man-defender. I'm not fond of his assist-to-turnover ratio but that's about the worst thing I can see about him and it doesn't scare me on the Nuggets. His 7'2" wingspan is clearly attractive. He's not likely to be available for the Nuggets but if he is, I'm betting they select him. So why is he my second choice?

Miles Bridges would be my first choice for the Nuggets. It is not because of his excellent scoring nor his nice defensive rebounding. Like Mikal, I'm not worried about his assist-to-turnover ration if he's on the Nuggets. The reason he's my first choice for the Nuggets is because of his hustle: he seems to have perfect timing on his cuts to the basket and he isn't afraid to finish in traffic and he can finish with either hand. Last point is: he seems much stronger than most players anywhere close to his size.

I Agree on Miles Bridges. Having an athletic Forward next to Jokic who can shoot, catch lobs and block shots would be huge. Unfortunately, not sure Miles will be there at #14. But he would be a great addition to replace Millsap Long term at the 4 and can play the 3 for us as well.
skywalker33

Post#107 » by skywalker33 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:00 pm

Wouldn’t like Miles at PF unless going small-ball otherwise he gets killed. Size and weight similar to Chandler just needs to improve shooting

skywalker33

Post#108 » by skywalker33 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:03 am

A couple of interesting draft-n-stash Centers that could be available at the 58th pick are Laurynas Birutis and Tryggvi Hlinason. Hlinson is 7'1 but hasn't played a lot and I can't find a lot of info, but I prefer Birutis anyway. He's 7'1" but real skinny. He can score, rebound and has timing to block shots. Think he could be a nice backup and I'd bet he'll be available at 58. Count me SOLD

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#109 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:22 am

skywalker33 wrote:A couple of interesting draft-n-stash Centers that could be available at the 58th pick are Laurynas Birutis and Tryggvi Hlinason. Hlinson is 7'1 but hasn't played a lot and I can't find a lot of info, but I prefer Birutis anyway. He's 7'1" but real skinny. He can score, rebound and has timing to block shots. Think he could be a nice backup and I'd bet he'll be available at 58. Count me SOLD

I'll have to trust our Draft Champ on this. :D
skywalker33

Post#110 » by skywalker33 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:07 am

WY, here's one for you to check out, we can use a Hunter in our lineup. Can't say I know a lot about him, only saw 1 Virginia game and even I missed him. But looking into him, I'm intrigued to say the least

https://www.thestepien.com/2018/02/22/deandre-hunter-arrived/

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#111 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:11 am

skywalker33 wrote:WY, here's one for you to check out, we can use a Hunter in our lineup. Can't say I know a lot about him, only saw 1 Virginia game and even I missed him. But looking into him, I'm intrigued to say the least

I love his man defense. He's a little thin but not afraid to fight the big guys. He's probably going to need a year or two but that could work for the Nuggets.

Is he a 1st? Man, I'm hoping we have another choice. I'm not sure he's a #14 but if we can get him with a 2nd, I'd love it.

Thanks!
skywalker33

Post#112 » by skywalker33 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:30 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:WY, here's one for you to check out, we can use a Hunter in our lineup. Can't say I know a lot about him, only saw 1 Virginia game and even I missed him. But looking into him, I'm intrigued to say the least

I love his man defense. He's a little thin but not afraid to fight the big guys. He's probably going to need a year or two but that could work for the Nuggets.

Is he a 1st? Man, I'm hoping we have another choice. I'm not sure he's a #14 but if we can get him with a 2nd, I'd love it.

Thanks!

Going back to Virginia, was looking for a steal that won't happen this year.

Zaccaibone
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#113 » by Zaccaibone » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:13 am

I am hoping we can pick something that can be an contributor.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#114 » by pickIBL » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:46 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:A couple of interesting draft-n-stash Centers that could be available at the 58th pick are Laurynas Birutis and Tryggvi Hlinason. Hlinson is 7'1 but hasn't played a lot and I can't find a lot of info, but I prefer Birutis anyway. He's 7'1" but real skinny. He can score, rebound and has timing to block shots. Think he could be a nice backup and I'd bet he'll be available at 58. Count me SOLD

Long shot prospects. Outside of the obvious international okobo is the most polished and musa is looking very good.
Bitadze looks like he could go in the second as a big prospect. He's certainly not a traditional nugget style player but he fits what kroenke jr likes.
The stupid millsap move aside the nuggets need to just keep their young talent and keep drafting. Should have just played faried last year. Or im sure the jazz would take on salary and send their current project big to trade up.... eeh wait maybe not a good idea.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
skywalker33

Post#115 » by skywalker33 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:26 am

pickIBL wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

Long shot prospects. Outside of the obvious international okobo is the most polished and musa is looking very good.
Bitadze looks like he could go in the second as a big prospect. He's certainly not a traditional nugget style player but he fits what kroenke jr likes.
The stupid millsap move aside the nuggets need to just keep their young talent and keep drafting. Should have just played faried last year. Or im sure the jazz would take on salary and send their current project big to trade up.... eeh wait maybe not a good idea.

Hey STUPID Jazz moron opinion there IMO, that is just a way for you to come on the Nuggets forum and troll, it has nothing to do with the subject but creates the animosity that you want to throw out here. You've done this in the past and your posts are both unwanted and unappreciated. GTFO and stay out, even Jazz fans don't appreciate your opinions.

pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#116 » by pickIBL » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:38 am

skywalker33 wrote:
pickIBL wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:I'll have to trust our Draft Champ on this. :D

Hey STUPID Jazz moron opinion there IMO, that is just a way for you to come on the Nuggets forum and troll, it has nothing to do with the subject but creates the animosity that you want to throw out here. You've done this in the past and your posts are both unwanted and unappreciated. GTFO and stay out, even Jazz fans don't appreciate your opinions.

Yea im the only person who thinks kroenke jr changed the style of the team and ensured treadmill mediocrity. I suspect ive watched more nuggets games than you have. At least since 1991.

Outside of bonga i listed the top international talents beyond the top guy. Guys actually qualified to get drafted. No need to have a russ melt down. Playing faried. Keeping picks. Looking at internationals worthy of selection are all valid. Not giving up good picks and signing back 9 guys are all valid.

You arent actually kroenke's drinking buddy. No need to act like kim jong uns sister.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#117 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:41 pm

pickIBL wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
pickIBL wrote:Long shot prospects. Outside of the obvious international okobo is the most polished and musa is looking very good.

Yea im the only person who thinks kroenke jr changed the style of the team and ensured treadmill mediocrity. I suspect ive watched more nuggets games than you have. At least since 1991.

Outside of bonga i listed the top international talents beyond the top guy. Guys actually qualified to get drafted. No need to have a russ melt down. Playing faried. Keeping picks. Looking at internationals worthy of selection are all valid. Not giving up good picks and signing back 9 guys are all valid.

You arent actually kroenke's drinking buddy. No need to act like kim jong uns sister.

Perhaps what you say is true. The way you say it is not very welcome - especially for someone who seldom visits here. I'd advise caution on your words. We like our board on the polite side. Want to get nasty and degrading? There are other boards where that is more accepted.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#118 » by pickIBL » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:57 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
pickIBL wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Hey STUPID Jazz moron opinion there IMO, that is just a way for you to come on the Nuggets forum and troll, it has nothing to do with the subject but creates the animosity that you want to throw out here. You've done this in the past and your posts are both unwanted and unappreciated. GTFO and stay out, even Jazz fans don't appreciate your opinions.

Perhaps what you say is true. The way you say it is not very welcome - especially for someone who seldom visits here. I'd advise caution on your words. We like our board on the polite side. Want to get nasty and degrading? There are other boards where that is more accepted.

Funny thing is an outsider would read your post and be like you are talking to that star wars or late 80s dunker right. Its like watching the media complain about the comedian last night. Let's all go to our safe spaces here. Or grow up and face facts.

The storyline of the year is the millsap flop, and trading away a future hofer. No polite way to say that.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#119 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:15 pm

pickIBL wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
pickIBL wrote:Yea im the only person who thinks kroenke jr changed the style of the team and ensured treadmill mediocrity. I suspect ive watched more nuggets games than you have. At least since 1991.

Funny thing is an outsider would read your post and be like you are talking to that star wars or late 80s dunker right. Its like watching the media complain about the comedian last night. Let's all go to our safe spaces here. Or grow up and face facts.

The storyline of the year is the millsap flop, and trading away a future hofer. No polite way to say that.

As I said before, please feel free to go away. If you want to poke fun at my approach to this, I'd recommend you stay in your safe space. Your gibberish is not welcome here - for the second time. Please do not continue this line of thought. Discussions are welcome, even if we don't agree. But you have brought nothing of value to this board in this thread. All you have done is to bring bait and I will not respond to your postings of this nature.
skywalker33

Post#120 » by skywalker33 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:26 pm

pickIBL wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
pickIBL wrote:Yea im the only person who thinks kroenke jr changed the style of the team and ensured treadmill mediocrity. I suspect ive watched more nuggets games than you have. At least since 1991.

You TRY to speak like you know something but you DON'T. If you call the Millsap acquisition as a flop then you didn't see how well he was working with Jokic prior to and after his injury. Had he not missed 44 games we'd have easily been a 55 win team. He's also on a team-controlled contract,he brings defense, scoring and a veteran stability to a very young team.

No, I'm not Kroenke's drinking buddy, I'm the guy who doesn't let A-holes like you go unchecked here on a a NUGGETS forum, not the Jazz forum where you really aren't appreciated either. Just because you are some foreign d-bag who THINKS he know something about my team (or even basketball in general) , you show your stupidity and ignorance time and time again, I'm just trying to help you avoid that embarrassment AGAIN !

You prove my point by claiming Gallo is a HOFer.....good player but never will get close to being a HOFer :crazy:

What a DUMBASS !!!

Return to Denver Nuggets