ImageImageImage

Barton vs. Evans

Moderator: THE J0KER

Riko
Rookie
And1: 685

Re: Barton vs. Evans 

Post#21 » by Riko » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:12 am

psimanic1 wrote:It should be team option, if we pick it up he becones UFA next year, if we dont he beocmes RFA this year

Wow, ****
That make denver's move a lot easier, dump Faried salary with the 2018 first (if not in the lottery), stretch Arthur in 2 years (4m/y) are forced moves, if Chandler opts in trade him with a couple of 2nd round pick (lets hope he opts out). Then sign a couple of veterans (Harris/Mbah a Moute) and give Jokic a max.

btw, in this light Plumlee trade/contract was really one of the dumbest move in Nuggets history...

NuggetsWY wrote:Draft Gobert - trade same day
Draft McDermott - trade same day
Draft - Mudiay - trade 2.5 years later
Draft Murray & Hernangomez
Draft Beasley
Draft Mitchell - trade same day

I'm not really happy with TC but this is not true.
Gobert, McDermott and Mitchell were not denver's pick. They were choose from other team. I'm not sure about Gobert but Denver wuoldn't ever pick Mitchell last year and McDermott pick became G.Harris and Nurkic.
MidMountain
Senior
And1: 236

Post#22 » by MidMountain » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:31 pm

This is a fun tool to explore our cap situation: http://www.shamsports.com/capulator
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#23 » by skywalker33 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:44 pm

Riko wrote:
psimanic1 wrote:It should be team option, if we pick it up he becones UFA next year, if we dont he beocmes RFA this year

Wow, ****
That make denver's move a lot easier, dump Faried salary with the 2018 first (if not in the lottery), stretch Arthur in 2 years (4m/y) are forced moves, if Chandler opts in trade him with a couple of 2nd round pick (lets hope he opts out). Then sign a couple of veterans (Harris/Mbah a Moute) and give Jokic a max.

You make it sound so easy and logical....which ISN'T the Nuggets train of thought :wink: Trading Faried isn't that easy else we'd have probably done it already. And both Faried's and Arthur's contracts (Chandlers too if he opts in) come off the books after next season anyway, I can see the Nuggets keeping both on the bench (although Arthur has been getting mins with Plumlee out) for the season, saving those draft picks. I get trying to keep the draft picks, the FO has been strong with the draft and they are cheap salary controlled contracts. But to sit players rather than try to market them is stupid IMO, wastes assets (other than their cap value) while devaluing their position as well.

Riko wrote:btw, in this light Plumlee trade/contract was really one of the dumbest move in Nuggets history...

Hard to disagree here, we should've been able to sign him $4-6M cheaper and we should never have had to add in the #1

Riko wrote:
Draft Beasley

Gobert, McDermott and Mitchell were not denver's pick. They were choose from other team. I'm not sure about Gobert but Denver wuoldn't ever pick Mitchell last year and McDermott pick became G.Harris and Nurkic.

You're both right, the picks were selected by Denver as directed by the other teams in a pre-existing trade. Hard to say Denver would NEVER has selected Mitchell as most mocks/draft boards had him pegged right around the 12th spot and was talented. Denver just has different needs and had strong prior interest in Lyles, which is turning out pretty good for us. And did anyone really believe Mitchell was going to be this good ??? Not me..but he has made the most of the opportunity the Jazz are giving him, something he probably wouldn't have gotten here in DEN. And to be honest, if Lydon becomes a player I'd say we came out on top, let evaluate in two years.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#24 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:15 pm

Riko wrote:
Draft Beasley

It isn't nice to clip the intro of my post off and then twist things to make it look like I'm saying something differently. My original post was reference Denver's drafting patterns (referring to an article someone had written).

My point was that it's hard to predict what Denver is going to do in the draft and if someone would think about what is shown in the portion you left, you would see that those are all true. 3 of our last 6 first round picks were traded on draft day. That makes it hard to figure out what Denver is going to do.

Those were, without a doubt, Denver's picks. The fact that they made those picks at the behest of another team in order to facilitate a trade is what makes Denver's drafting tendencies difficult to forecast.

I made no mention of "what if" regarding Denver keeping/not keeping/drafting/not drafting Gobert or McDermott or Mitchell. I do have my opinions as to which Denver may have been interested in and whom they may have drafted instead of those players. Feel free to draw your own conclusions but do not try to twist my opinions around to suit your desires.

Thank you
MidMountain
Senior
And1: 236

Post#25 » by MidMountain » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:58 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
Riko wrote:
Draft Beasley

It isn't nice to clip the intro of my post off and then twist things to make it look like I'm saying something differently. My original post was reference Denver's drafting patterns (referring to an article someone had written).

My point was that it's hard to predict what Denver is going to do in the draft and if someone would think about what is shown in the portion you left, you would see that those are all true. 3 of our last 6 first round picks were traded on draft day. That makes it hard to figure out what Denver is going to do.

Those were, without a doubt, Denver's picks. The fact that they made those picks at the behest of another team in order to facilitate a trade is what makes Denver's drafting tendencies difficult to forecast.

I made no mention of "what if" regarding Denver keeping/not keeping/drafting/not drafting Gobert or McDermott or Mitchell. I do have my opinions as to which Denver may have been interested in and whom they may have drafted instead of those players. Feel free to draw your own conclusions but do not try to twist my opinions around to suit your desires.

Thank you

You did say our strategy seemed to be "draft and trade", implying that the draft pick was made first and the trade made second. As you know, it was likely the other way around, the trade of picks was made first and then Connelly made the pick that someone else told him to. The point you were trying to make in the OP was lost on me because I had the same reaction as Riko.
Riko
Rookie
And1: 685

Post#26 » by Riko » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:12 am

NuggetsWY wrote:It isn't nice to clip the intro of my post off and then twist things to make it look like I'm saying something differently. My original post was reference Denver's drafting patterns (referring to an article someone had written).

I really didn't understand your point, I was probably confused by the comment next to Mudiay.

Return to Denver Nuggets