ImageImageImage

Jokic's production

Moderators: THE J0KER, NuggetsWY

LeverRed
Ballboy
And1: 12

Re: Jokic's production 

Post#221 » by LeverRed » Fri May 31, 2019 3:10 am

Joker plays very good positional defense and is usually in the right spot at the right time . Also doesn’t make the frustrating foul to make up for not being where he needs to be. Hopefully he works with a sports phycologist during this off-season and starts to work on his attitude about being fouled while also not retaliating with fouls for missed calls by referees.
His Weight and body type do not bother me I think them extra pounds really helped him in the playoffs and to get through the regular season while remaining dominant in the paint some of the strongest people I have ever seen or met did not look like ripped bodybuilders and I don’t want to see him try and look that way either .
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 2,691

Post#222 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Jun 3, 2019 4:35 pm

How often do you notice players trying to throw 60-80 foot passes - that are intercepted?
Even the great wizard we call The Joker has one occasionally intercepted - but not nearly as many as others. :D
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#223 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:54 pm

A nice article about the Nuggets and as is appropriate, it focuses on Jokic.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/7/29/8934453/are-we-sure-denver-nuggets-nikola-jokic

A key point is that the Nuggets need to surround Jokic with players that know how/when to expect passes - you know, the passes that nobody else would dare make, even if they imagined them. So who on the Nuggets qualify as that type of player? After all, Jokic can hit anyone that is open and several players are good at spot-up duty. But who receives the extreme passes well?

Murray - Harris --- absolutely
Beasley? Not enough minutes together IMO to make the call, but I think so

Craig? Vanderbilt? Grant? I'm hopeful they prove they can be that type of player.

Porter? Not so sure that's his game, but that doesn't mean he won't work out for the Nuggets. If there are three other starters that make themselves available for those extreme passes, Porter can fit fine. Then again, he just might surprise us. He seems like an intelligent player (based on high school though).
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#224 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:03 pm

An interesting article about "Signature Moves" but they missed Jokic's signature move: Passing! :nod:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2847558-these-are-the-nbas-most-lethal-signature-moves
Coeur
Veteran
And1: 436

Post#225 » by Coeur » Thu Aug 1, 2019 4:01 am

NuggetsWY wrote:A nice article about the Nuggets and as is appropriate, it focuses on Jokic.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/7/29/8934453/are-we-sure-denver-nuggets-nikola-jokic

A key point is that the Nuggets need to surround Jokic with players that know how/when to expect passes - you know, the passes that nobody else would dare make, even if they imagined them. So who on the Nuggets qualify as that type of player? After all, Jokic can hit anyone that is open and several players are good at spot-up duty. But who receives the extreme passes well?

Craig? Vanderbilt? Grant? I'm hopeful they prove they can be that type of player.

Porter? Not so sure that's his game, but that doesn't mean he won't work out for the Nuggets. If there are three other starters that make themselves available for those extreme passes, Porter can fit fine. Then again, he just might surprise us. He seems like an intelligent player (based on high school though).

Needs elite runners and finishers to make the passing the most dangerous

Aaron Gordon types. To a lesser extent Beasley, Craig, potentially Vanderbilt?
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#226 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Aug 1, 2019 4:53 am

Coeur wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:A nice article about the Nuggets and as is appropriate, it focuses on Jokic.

Needs elite runners and finishers to make the passing the most dangerous

Aaron Gordon types. To a lesser extent Beasley, Craig, potentially Vanderbilt?

Don't forget Grant & Vanderbilt; both of whom have shown they can move without the ball and crash the rim without feat. Also don't forget Harris; who has proven to be a great recipient of Jokic passes. Plus, as you say; Beasley & Craig. I think we're stocked there.

Return to Denver Nuggets