ImageImageImage

Nikola Jokic MVPx2, FMVP, and.. still counting!

Moderator: THE J0KER

TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,114

Re: Nikola Jokic MVPx2, FMVP, and.. still counting! 

Post#381 » by TheBallsDeeper » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:39 am

I'm curious to get the thoughts from Nuggets fans - not a troll a serious question.

Jokic got benched against the Sixers with 26.6 seconds to go with the Nuggets down by 4. The coach doesn't have faith in him to defend when the game is on the line.

Jokic is an amazing offensive player, his passing is phenomenal, but can someone be considered the best player in the league when they have to be benched when the game is on the line, especially someone who plays the most important defensive position?

What's your thoughts on Jokic being benched at the end of games?
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,256

Post#382 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:40 pm

TheBallsDeeper wrote:I'm curious to get the thoughts from Nuggets fans - not a troll a serious question.

Jokic got benched against the Sixers with 26.6 seconds to go with the Nuggets down by 4. The coach doesn't have faith in him to defend when the game is on the line.

Jokic is an amazing offensive player, his passing is phenomenal, but can someone be considered the best player in the league when they have to be benched when the game is on the line, especially someone who plays the most important defensive position?

BS, you just trolling, STFU 6er-A-hole
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,523

Post#383 » by THE J0KER » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:45 am

TheBallsDeeper wrote:I'm curious to get the thoughts from Nuggets fans - not a troll a serious question.

What confuses you in the described situation is not Nikola Jokić, but some basic principles of basketball. When you are behind -4 with 26 seconds left and the opponent has possession, no defense is played, but a quick foul is made, and it is stupid to additionally burden the very best player with a foul in the endgame in which you are trying to cause overtime. You can eventually try to steal the ball, but only in the first few seconds until the opponent passes the ball to your half of the court, but for that type of chasing, the 7-footer is not suitable at all.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,114

Post#384 » by TheBallsDeeper » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:26 am

THE J0KER wrote:

What confuses you in the described situation is not Nikola Jokić, but some basic principles of basketball. When you are behind -4 with 26 seconds left and the opponent has possession, no defense is played, but a quick foul is made, and it is stupid to additionally burden the very best player with a foul in the endgame in which you are trying to cause overtime. You can eventually try to steal the ball, but only in the first few seconds until the opponent passes the ball to your half of the court, but for that type of chasing, the 7-footer is not suitable at all.

That's a good point. I hadn't thought of the need for a quick foul, I've just noticed him getting subbed out on actual defensive plays before and saw him benched on that one. I re-watched it and you are correct.

I'll keep watching and see if he is now only benched on those sort of plays or still on actual defensive plays.
skywalker33

Post#385 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:32 am

With Embiid trying to stack the MVP deck, I'd bet the voting committee will drop his status down to 3rd or 4th

skywalker33

Post#386 » by skywalker33 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 4:52 pm

So, did Joker just do some recruiting for the Nuggets ? Came out gushing over NC State's DJ Burns Jr after he dropped 29pts to push the Wolf Pack in the the Final Four. Appears DJ has some attitude, chanting to Duke fans "Your season is over". Seems like a guys we could use on this team, give us a more fierce identity if he can bring some offense and defense with him if he comes here. Heard he's being looked at for the draft....the NFL draft :D

Return to Denver Nuggets