And1: 4,056

2018 Off Season Nuggets' Roster 

Post#1 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:37 am

Jokic - Plumlee
    Millsap - Lyles - Hernangomez - Lydon - Faried - Arthur
    Chandler
    Harris - Beasley
    Murray

Chandler & Arthur have player options so they could be gone.
Barton & D.Harris & Jefferson are FA.
Craig & Morris are FA - I believe their G-League Two-Way contracts were one year contracts.

We only have three open slots unless we re-sign Barton or D.Harris or Jefferson (and then less than that).

I'd be in favor of adding Craig & Morris.
Do any of our stash players come over? Cancar or Cornelie?
What about 2018 draft picks?
Do we try to sign a FA? Tyreke Evans is rumored to being offered a MLE to re-sign. Seems low.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,178

Re: 2018 Off Season Nuggets' Roster 

Post#2 » by Mickey8 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:57 am

Denver should sign Nemanja Nedovic for the NBA minimum, he's one of the most productive guards in Europe, he has NBA athleticism, he's fast with the ball, great ball handler , solid three point shooter , he could be Denver's Satoransky type of player, he's still questionable decision maker at the times, but he could help the team coming off the bench.

Zaccaibone
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#3 » by Zaccaibone » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:09 am

Interseting
MidMountain
Senior
And1: 236

Post#4 » by MidMountain » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:46 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
    Jokic - Plumlee
    Chandler
    Harris - Beasley
    Murray

Craig & Morris are FA - I believe their G-League Two-Way contracts were one year contracts.

We only have three open slots unless we re-sign Barton or D.Harris or Jefferson (and then less than that).

Do we try to sign a FA? Tyreke Evans is rumored to being offered a MLE to re-sign. Seems low.

I'm a bit shaky on the ins and outs of 2-ways. Since Morris was drafted, I believe we maintain his exclusive NBA rights. I saw somewhere that Craig will be a RFA.
kololoco
Sophomore
And1: 241

Post#5 » by kololoco » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:43 pm

Mickey8 wrote:Denver should sign Nemanja Nedovic for the NBA minimum, he's one of the most productive guards in Europe, he has NBA athleticism, he's fast with the ball, great ball handler , solid three point shooter , he could be Denver's Satoransky type of player, he's still questionable decision maker at the times, but he could help the team coming off the bench.

Another very poor defender. And the worst thing is he trys so hard, it's just that he is not smart. A little fake and he jumps three feet and leaves the lane open. Satoransky is bigger, smarter, and Nedovic is much more athletic. So literally complete opposites of players.
kololoco
Sophomore
And1: 241

Post#6 » by kololoco » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:49 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
    Jokic - Plumlee
    Chandler
    Harris - Beasley
    Murray

I am truly flabergasted by the horrendeus team composition you guys have. It is comical. 6 power forwards, with another three that can part time play the position.

Will be very interesting what you are able to do with your roster this off season.

Hope to see the lineup of Jokic-Millsap-Hernangomez-Harris-Murray.

Think you can go a long way with at least an adequate bench. Plumlee can play 10 minutes when Jokic is resting. Lyles can play 15 minutes when Millsap is on the bench. The three is a major concern, just as this year. First off can Hernangomez play the sf position full time, and second who will be the guy of the bench (Craig?). Harris-Beasley I feel is very solid. And Murray needs a good back up.

But all in all you have to worry only about the sf position, the rest is very nice. See you next year in the finals:)
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,178

Post#7 » by Mickey8 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:28 pm

kololoco wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:Denver should sign Nemanja Nedovic for the NBA minimum, he's one of the most productive guards in Europe, he has NBA athleticism, he's fast with the ball, great ball handler , solid three point shooter , he could be Denver's Satoransky type of player, he's still questionable decision maker at the times, but he could help the team coming off the bench.

Another very poor defender. And the worst thing is he trys so hard, it's just that he is not smart. A little fake and he jumps three feet and leaves the lane open. Satoransky is bigger, smarter, and Nedovic is much more athletic. So literally complete opposites of players.

He's better facilitator than Satoransky , his first step is made for the NBA , as I said he's not the best decision maker but he could thrive in Denver's offense.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:16 pm

kololoco wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
    Jokic - Plumlee
    Chandler
    Harris - Beasley
    Murray

I am truly flabergasted by the horrendeus team composition you guys have. It is comical. 6 power forwards, with another three that can part time play the position.

Will be very interesting what you are able to do with your roster this off season.

Think you can go a long way with at least an adequate bench. Plumlee can play 10 minutes when Jokic is resting. Lyles can play 15 minutes when Millsap is on the bench. The three is a major concern, just as this year. First off can Hernangomez play the sf position full time, and second who will be the guy of the bench (Craig?). Harris-Beasley I feel is very solid. And Murray needs a good back up.

But all in all you have to worry only about the sf position, the rest is very nice. See you next year in the finals:)

Gee thanks for encouraging us (first part). :lol: Most of us agree.
Love the feedback on the second half. We are waiting anxiously but many of us don't really trust our front office - since they are the ones that built this roster. :pray:

Malone loves to play Plumlee alongside Jokic. :banghead: Malone doesn't appear to like Lyles and didn't even use him against Minnesota in our play-out game. :noway:

Hernangomez might be able to play SF but full-time might be a stretch. Against some of the SFs in the league, he'd really have trouble (consider Boston as an example :D ). Some like Craig off the bench but he was a two-way contract and I believe that means a one-year contract. So who knows and Malone doesn't play young players much (even 27 year old rookies), so while he appears to be a solid role player on both ends - who knows?

Personally I love Harris-Beasley but again, Malone won't play Beasley so we don't really know if he can live up to his G-League of 2016-2017.

As for Murray - some don't consider him a PG anyway and D.Harris seems to play like a 42 year old at the YMCA (a lot of trotting and "ole defense"). Mudiay showed potential but Malone was unable to teach him much (not sure that's on Malone or Mudiay or both).
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#9 » by The Rebel » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:35 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
    Jokic - Plumlee
    Chandler
    Harris - Beasley
    Murray

I do not see anyway that Arthur opts out, but that and Chandler opting out would be perfect. I go back and forth with Chandler, honestly if it hates it so much in Denver, he may be able to get an MLE deal for 3 or 4 years at close to $10 million a year, so it may be worthwhile for him to opt out.

Jefferson seemed to have the backcourt guys ear's, there were many times you could see Jefferson talking to Murray and Harris as they came off the court or during warmups, if he wants to come back than I don''t care.

Barton I think has to leave, he is not worth the money he will command.

Harris needs to go, we need a good backup PG that can play on and off the ball and help the young guys off the bench.

Craig and Morris are both restricted free agents as long as the nuggets tender them a qualifying offer, which is only going to be $200,000 over the minimum deals. Both are worthwhile to see how they progress next year, but I would not be upset if we gave Craig the LLE deal and locked him up for $3.3 million a year for 2 years.

Cornelie looks like he has taken a big step forward on offense, although I don't know how good the league he is in was, and know next to nothing about his defense.

I am pretty sure that Cancar was hurt.

Either way I see no reason not to invite them to summer league, Cornelie may be a good project 3rd stringer next year so he will be interesting.

They will either draft the SF they want, or they will trade the 1st round pick. the 2 2nds are both late so they will likely be projects or draft and stash at best. I also would not be terribly upset if they trade them as well.

This is the summer they have to make their moves. It is pretty obvious that your core is Murray, Harris, and Jokic, and it is time to build around them. Connelly being in charge scares the crap out of me after last year, but they have to make trades this summer and get the right pieces around those guys.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:40 am

Can Arthur opt-out and then be signed to the Nuggets' staff?
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#11 » by skywalker33 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:04 am

kololoco wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
    Jokic - Plumlee
    Chandler
    Harris - Beasley
    Murray

In the Nuggets eyes, they are trying to view Hernangomez and Lydon as both being SF's, our own mod NuggetsWY doesn't share that sentiment. Arthur and Faried will not be on our 2019 roster but the imbalance is true by all means. We're all hoping we just don't draft a PF in this draft.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#12 » by skywalker33 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:08 am

NuggetsWY wrote:Can Arthur opt-out and then be signed to the Nuggets' staff?

Absolutely but would he ?? I've like that idea for a while now
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:28 am

skywalker33 wrote:
kololoco wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
    Jokic - Plumlee
    Chandler
    Harris - Beasley
    Murray

In the Nuggets eyes, they are trying to view Hernangomez and Lydon as both being SF's, our own mod NuggetsWY doesn't share that sentiment. Arthur and Faried will not be on our 2019 roster but the imbalance is true by all means. We're all hoping we just don't draft a PF in this draft.

:lol: Not the only place I disagree with our front office and/or RealGM's depth charts and/or ESPN's depth charts and/or a lot of other depth charts. Of course I can't blame any of them for trying to move some of the six true PFs somewhere else. It's crazy.

I've seen depth charts that list Hernangomez or Faried or Arthur at center. I've seen depth charts that list Lyles or Lydon or Hernangomez or Arthur at small forward. :banghead:
SoCalNuggsFan
Senior
And1: 440

Post#14 » by SoCalNuggsFan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:00 am

Has anyone seen any of cornelie recently? He was obviously super raw that first summer league but I liked what I saw. I heard he hasn’t really taken any steps forward but I think he was hurt for a while. I guess we’ll find out in a few months.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:09 am

SoCalNuggsFan wrote:Has anyone seen any of cornelie recently? He was obviously super raw that first summer league but I liked what I saw. I heard he hasn’t really taken any steps forward but I think he was hurt for a while. I guess we’ll find out in a few months.

The Rebel wrote:Cornelie looks like he has taken a big step forward on offense, although I don't know how good the league he is in was, and know next to nothing about his defense.
SoCalNuggsFan
Senior
And1: 440

Post#16 » by SoCalNuggsFan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:45 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
SoCalNuggsFan wrote:Has anyone seen any of cornelie recently? He was obviously super raw that first summer league but I liked what I saw. I heard he hasn’t really taken any steps forward but I think he was hurt for a while. I guess we’ll find out in a few months.

The Rebel wrote:Cornelie looks like he has taken a big step forward on offense, although I don't know how good the league he is in was, and know next to nothing about his defense.

Saw that. Thought it was vague and looked like the conclusion was made based on looking at stats. Otherwise he would know how good the league was and how he’s looked on defense. That’s why I asked if anyone had actually SEEN him.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Post#17 » by youngthegiant » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:49 pm

Expected to Return

1.) Nikola Jokic
2.) Jamal murray
3.) Gary Harris:
4.) Trey Lyles
5.) Mason Plumlee
6.) Paul Millsap
7.) Juancho Hernangomez
8.) Tyler Lydon
9.)Malik Beasley

Questionable
10.) Will Barton: With his looming Free Agency Barton has a good chance of returning due to the dry market in Free Agency, but Denver is going to have to clear some contracts before the trade deadline to avoid the luxury tax.

11.) Kenneth Faried: I think Faried is ready to move on. Obviously Denver will try to trade him but if the price is heavy I'm sure both sides will reach an agreement on a buyout. If Faried and Denver reach an 8 Million dollar buyout, Denver can stretch that salary over 3 years to get some immediate cap relief.

12.) Darrell Arthur: I fully expect Arthur to opt into his deal, but Arthur could probably help out a playoff team. Maybe someone will trade for him or Denver could buyout his last year. I don't see those two things happening, Arthur will likely stay on the bench for the entire season.

13.)Wilson Chandler: With a player option on his last year. I'm leaning towards the idea that Wilson Chandler has played his final game in Denver. He hasn't been happy here and Wilson is ready for a new environment. Chandler could probably get the MLE and help a contender immediately.

14.) Richard Jefferson: Gone

15.) Monte Morris: Should be returning but nevr know with 2nd round picks

16.) Torrey Craig: Probably returns but could not if Denver drafts a Small Forward in the draft.

17.) Devin Harris: Big question mark, he's a good veteran to have around but didn't exactly run away with the back up pg spot.

18.) New Rookie(s): Denver may trade the pick but after the huge backlash from fans after they traded back and lost both Mitchell and Anunoby. I think they'll stay at #14.

Trade possibilities

1.) Juancho and Malik Beasley: Both these guys spent a majority of the season the bench. Depending on whether guys like Barton/Chandler return, it may be best for both sides to send them to a situation where they'll both be able to play.

2.) Mason Plumlee: 14 million is just too much to spend on a backup Center. Denver is better of letting Faried get those 15 minutes at center.

3.) Trey Lyles: His value is at an all time high. It may make sense for Denver to trade him now. They still have Juancho and Tyler Lydon locked in for 2-3 years who could play minutes at the 4 and they might draft another hybrid forward. Lyles could be used to move up in the draft or perhaps to get a consistent back up pg.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:13 pm

MileHighManiac gave player grades - what I found most interesting was the list of players that were given an "Incomplete" - meaning we just didn't see enough of them to give them a grade. One or two players on a squad with "incomplete" is understandable, but wasting so many players during a year is just not understandable.

Darrell Arthur
Malik Beasley
Kenneth Faried
Juancho Hernangomez
Tyler Lydon

"Incomplete" on a rookie that played in the G-League and then takes an injury is understandable.

"Incomplete" can be blamed on the coach; especially Beasley & Hernangomez. They deserved at least enough minutes to identify their value (or lack thereof) for the Nuggets' future.

"Incomplete" can be blamed on a front office that built a roster with so many PFs; thus Arthur & Faried.

Let's hope the Nuggets management can figure out what they are doing.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#19 » by The Rebel » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:21 pm

youngthegiant wrote:Expected to Return

1.) Nikola Jokic
2.) Jamal murray
3.) Gary Harris:
4.) Trey Lyles
5.) Mason Plumlee
6.) Paul Millsap
7.) Juancho Hernangomez
8.) Tyler Lydon
9.)Malik Beasley

Outside of Harris, Jokic, Murray, and Millsap I do not know that I would put anybody in the expected to return category, this is really the summer that the front office has to build around the young core and putting it off another year will be slowing down the development of the team.
youngthegiant wrote:Questionable
10.) Will Barton: With his looming Free Agency Barton has a good chance of returning due to the dry market in Free Agency, but Denver is going to have to clear some contracts before the trade deadline to avoid the luxury tax.

They have changed the rules with the new CBA, the cap and luxury tax are now based on total money paid out and not on the contracts at the end of the season. Meaning that to resign Barton you have to clear the salary this summer or you will have to clear nearly triple the salary at the deadline.
youngthegiant wrote:11.) Kenneth Faried: I think Faried is ready to move on. Obviously Denver will try to trade him but if the price is heavy I'm sure both sides will reach an agreement on a buyout. If Faried and Denver reach an 8 Million dollar buyout, Denver can stretch that salary over 3 years to get some immediate cap relief.

I agree one way or another Faried is gone, but I seriously doubt the Kroenkes are going to be okay stretching Faried. I expect them to overpay if they decide they just want to cut his salary totally out of the cap.
youngthegiant wrote:12.) Darrell Arthur: I fully expect Arthur to opt into his deal, but Arthur could probably help out a playoff team. Maybe someone will trade for him or Denver could buyout his last year. I don't see those two things happening, Arthur will likely stay on the bench for the entire season.

Arthur is unknown due to his knee issues, he is a good enough player to be a rotation guy on a playoff team if he is healthy but he has not really proven he is healthy this last year. Also I do not know why you keep bringing up buyouts, the ownership has a very limited history of doing buyouts.
youngthegiant wrote:13.)Wilson Chandler: With a player option on his last year. I'm leaning towards the idea that Wilson Chandler has played his final game in Denver. He hasn't been happy here and Wilson is ready for a new environment. Chandler could probably get the MLE and help a contender immediately.

I agree with Chandler likely opting out, his play at the end of the year may convince him not too, but I can see him leaving for an MLE deal.
youngthegiant wrote:14.) Richard Jefferson: Gone

I think if Jefferson wants to stay another year than they will bring him back, he is close friends with Josh Kroenke and is also a mentor to the young guards on teh team.
youngthegiant wrote:15.) Monte Morris: Should be returning but nevr know with 2nd round picks

With Morris being restricted than I think he is brought back, they would be dumb not too.
youngthegiant wrote:16.) Torrey Craig: Probably returns but could not if Denver drafts a Small Forward in the draft.

I would be very surprised if Craig is not brought back, they did everything they could to play him the max amount of games they could. Malone has said clearly that he felt that Craig getting injured and being under the 2 way contract hurt the team and his rotations, and the front office reportedly loves him.
youngthegiant wrote:17.) Devin Harris: Big question mark, he's a good veteran to have around but didn't exactly run away with the back up pg spot.

youngthegiant wrote:18.) New Rookie(s): Denver may trade the pick but after the huge backlash from fans after they traded back and lost both Mitchell and Anunoby. I think they'll stay at #14.

I actually am of the opinion that we don't use the 14th pick at all, I think it is gone in a trade to either dump salary or to bring in a starting SF.

youngthegiant wrote:Trade possibilities

1.) Juancho and Malik Beasley: Both these guys spent a majority of the season the bench. Depending on whether guys like Barton/Chandler return, it may be best for both sides to send them to a situation where they'll both be able to play.

Beasley has to be traded if they are keeping Barton, he just does not have the handles to be a pg and not enough size to really play SF, so he will not have any more minutes available.

Juancho I think is here another year, I just do not see them trading him, as high as they reportedly are on him. Personally I would not be surprised if Juancho and Craig are the SF rotation next year, as I think Chandler is gone whether he opts out or not.

youngthegiant wrote:2.) Mason Plumlee: 14 million is just too much to spend on a backup Center. Denver is better of letting Faried get those 15 minutes at center.

I agree that $14 million is too much for a guy who should only play backup Center, but I think the front office and coaching staff view him as a true 3rd big, which is about what decent 3rd bigs get paid. Unfortunately I think they bring him back but think it would be better to use a backup Center and a backup PF.
youngthegiant wrote:3.) Trey Lyles: His value is at an all time high. It may make sense for Denver to trade him now. They still have Juancho and Tyler Lydon locked in for 2-3 years who could play minutes at the 4 and they might draft another hybrid forward. Lyles could be used to move up in the draft or perhaps to get a consistent back up pg.

I think that the front office has made it very clear that they view Juancho and Lydon as SFs, if they move on from Faried and Arthur, than moving Lyles leaves Millsap as the only PF on the roster based on how the front office views them. I don't see that happening.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:19 am

After the draft, here's our roster.

Center
Jokic - Plumlee

Power Forward
Millsap - Lyles - Lydon --- (Faried) (Arthur)

Small Forward
Porter - Hernangomez - Craig

Shooting Guard
Harris - Beasley

Point Guard
Murray - Morris

That's assuming Denver signs Craig & Morris.
That's assuming no FA signings (ours or others).
That's also assuming Chandler does not opt in.
That's assuming no trades.

Needs? 3rd center - PF salary dumps - at least one minimum salary PG and/or SG

Return to Denver Nuggets