Re: Trades - 2018 off-season - 2019 FA market 

Post#1041 » by U hova » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:17 pm

Well... held our ground.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,167

Post#1042 » by Mickey8 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:32 pm

The Nuggets should have made some trades , too many hurt guys every season , you have to rid off them while their price is high. Garry Harris is a red flag , the kid is always hurt , like he's made out of the glass.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#1043 » by THE J0KER » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:46 pm

Denver reached only one Conference final in the past 30 years, but this season team has a historic chance to do it again.

There are three others teams in the league in exactly the same position (one conference final in past 30 years and great chances to do it this season): Milwaukee, Toronto, and Philadelphia.

All 4 these teams performing very well since the start of the season, but front office attitude of Denver Nuggets franchise was very opposite compared to these three teams from East. Nuggets seem happy with everything and obviously think they don't need any changes, while MIL PHI TOR thinking: we have historic opportunity to achieve great result this season, so let's improve even more to up chances for that. So, Bucks despite being a team with the best record in the league send 4x2nd round picks to get expiring Mirotic as a backup forward behind all-stars F-starters Giannis and Middleton. Sixers since the start of the season send Covington, Saric, Fultz, future draft picks to get improved, most notable are expiring Jimmy Butler and Tobias Harris. Toronto traded their best player to get much better superstar Leonard but expiring, and before the trade deadline trying hard to get Marc Gasol from the Memphis.

And Nuggets not only don't trying to improve via trades but not even trying to trade a bad Barton contract which can be our big problem in the near future. Let's hope we will at least get rid of that contract in the next couple hours.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#1044 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:06 pm

Nuggets obviously hoping that HEALTHY is our best resource, not trading for assets. IT should be joining us shortly, he could allow us time to get Harris 100% which would also be huge.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#1045 » by THE J0KER » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:19 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Nuggets obviously hoping that HEALTHY is our best resource, not trading for assets. IT should be joining us shortly, he could allow us time to get Harris 100% which would also be huge.

We are already a team with the most useful players in the league, so I don't hear anyone asking for more assets. It is all about to send a big package of assets to get one single starter level notable player (forward). Exactly what Mavs, Bulls, Sixers, Raptors, and Bucks doing to get Porzingis, Tobias Harris, Mirotic, Marc Gasol, Otto Porter...
SkillzFromThe6
Junior
And1: 355

Post#1046 » by SkillzFromThe6 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:02 pm

Hopefully Nuggets move Will Barton in offseason, he has frustrated me every season he's been here.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#1047 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:07 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Nuggets obviously hoping that HEALTHY is our best resource, not trading for assets. IT should be joining us shortly, he could allow us time to get Harris 100% which would also be huge.

We are already a team with the most useful players in the league, so I don't hear anyone asking for more assets. It is all about to send a big package of assets to get one single starter level notable player (forward). Exactly what Mavs, Bulls, Sixers, Raptors, and Bucks doing to get Porzingis, Tobias Harris, Mirotic, Marc Gasol, Otto Porter...

Obviously the Front Office disagrees with you, we'll just have to see how those trades work out for the other teams.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#1048 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Feb 8, 2019 12:44 am

skywalker33 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:

Obviously the Front Office disagrees with you, we'll just have to see how those trades work out for the other teams.

I'm okay with not having made a trade.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#1049 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:44 am

I removed the "sticky" label. I realize I started this and named it sorta' weird and later realized it was too generic.

Trading deadline is past for this season. We'll make another thread later for the off-season. It can be trades and/or free agents.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#1050 » by The Rebel » Fri Feb 8, 2019 3:34 am

THE J0KER wrote:

That is one way to do it, but it is far from the only way, and can often lead to disaster. Look at where the Twolves are right now, they went after the names last year, got to the playoffs 1 year and now are right back to having to rebuild. The Lakers turned there 35 win team into a 40 win team losing Randle/Lopez and replacing him with Lebron. They have went 6-6 over their last 12 games with Lebron. The celtics signed Hayward and they are stuck with a bad contract now. The Wizards just had 3 of those name guys and they have never gotten close to what they could have been.

You know the teams with the most staying power? The Warriors, they have been at or near the top for 7 straight years now. The Grizzlies just had a 7 year playoff run with a conference finals run despite a terrible front office and cheap ownership group all based on a couple of homegrown talents that they developed years ago. The Trailblazers have been in the playoffs for years based on their own guys development but never reached the top in because they kept trying to add to their core with free agent signings instead of drafting and developing their own role players.

We have a chance to develop their entire roster into a huge force. Young teams do not win in the NBA, that is the norm. The last team to get this good this young was the Warriors and we know what that core has done. Prior to that was the Thunder, they had 3 MVP type talents on the roster, and a mutli time allstar before ownership got cheap and dumped Harden. Prior to that it was the Spurs who had 4 hall of fame players. We are a young team, that has had major injury issues, and we are in 2nd place in the Western conference. Dumping guys just to get good today leads to disaster, patience usually pays off very big with a team this good.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#1051 » by psimanic1 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:07 am

The Rebel wrote:
Manolito wrote:
psimanic1 wrote:Porter Jr for Portis and Jabari? :o
WTF worst trade ever!! Why do we want Portis and Jabari with His salary? Why getting rid of MPJ?

Portland & Boston are still over the tax, let's see If we can get Aminu or Marcus Morris.

Sent from my Aquaris M5 using RealGM mobile app

The Wizards traded Otto Porter JR for Portis and Jabari.

Thank you xD Just logged in after long time and saw there are some quotes and I was like, what was I thinking and why did I wrote Porter JR for Portis and Jabari xD Good thing you had this comment :lol: :lol:

Return to Denver Nuggets