Trades - 2018 off-season - 2019 FA market

Moderator: THE J0KER

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,484

Re: Trades - 2018 off-season - 2019 FA market 

Post#861 » by THE J0KER » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:33 pm

There were rumors around the league about eventual Dallas/Orlando or Dallas/Phoenix trade which includes Dennis Smith Jr. If Dallas wants Barton we can join like a 3rd side in that deal.

TJ Warren, Oubre Jr to Denver
Barton, Lyles, I.Thomas, 2019-Denver 2nd to Dallas
DSJ, Juancho, Dwight Powell to Phoenix

or

Jonathan Isaac, 2019ORL-2nd to Denver
Barton, Lyles, I.Thomas to Dallas
DSJ, Dwight Powell to Orlando
Manolito
Senior
And1: 389

Post#862 » by Manolito » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:55 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Manolito wrote:
With those three guys, Barton is not interesting for SAC, his contract makes him a negative asset.

Goto to strongly disagee that SAC wouldn't have interest for the Kings, go over to the SAC or TnT boards you'll find most SAC fans are BEGGING for a SF and Barton is a good one. While I think his salary AS A BACKUP would be a problem, his $11M as a starter is quite reasonable (about 9% of the cap). Also, he is very versatile as he can play SF/SG/PG as he's done for us before. Now Giles may be looked at higher value to the KIngs, I could go towards that end but he isn't starting, is 6'10" and that's a bit small to start at C, and he'd be a backup behind Bagley at PF...those were my thoughts. Which has more value to the Kings, a starting SF or a backup PF ??

If they thought so highly of Giles, why did they select Bagley over Doncic, who looks like a premier SF for the next 15 years ???
Where exactly did I say SAC is so high on Giles? I exactly Said "Giles is first round pick with upside". He is 20, they have no reason to trade him

Your draft argument is too poor. If they are desperate for a SF, why did they not select Doncic?? They dont need Barton, Bogdanovic and Hield are better than him.

Btw, Barton does not earn 11M. He signed this summer a 54Mx4 years contract, which is quite different.

Sent from my Aquaris M5 using RealGM mobile app
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#863 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:31 pm

Manolito wrote:Where exactly did I say SAC is so high on Giles? I exactly Said "Giles is first round pick with upside". He is 20, they have no reason to trade him

Your draft argument is too poor. If they are desperate for a SF, why did they not select Doncic?? They dont need Barton, Bogdanovic and Hield are better than him.

Btw, Barton does not earn 11M. He signed this summer a 54Mx4 years contract, which is quite different.

Where the heck did I say YOU were high on Giles ??? I can't help you if you don't want to do any research on what the Kings fans are clamoring for, I can't help you out there. As for not drafting Doncic, that says more to me that they were unhappy at the PF spot than they were at the SF spot...AT THE TIME. As the season has gone on the Kings (or at least their fans) have noticed the deficit at the SF position, And most every site I've seen (including the Kings own NBA website) both Hield and Bogdanovic are listed as SG's

And BTW, I provided this to you earlier, https://earlybirdrights.com/salary-cap/den/ please note that Barton's salary is $11,830, 357 THIS YEAR, maybe YOU need to do some research before spouting off. And I really don't care what you think of my argument, don't be such a piss-ant, at least be a little more respectful or just pass on a response if you're able!!
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Manolito
Senior

Post#864 » by Manolito » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:11 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Manolito wrote:Where exactly did I say SAC is so high on Giles? I exactly Said "Giles is first round pick with upside". He is 20, they have no reason to trade him

Where the heck did I say YOU were high on Giles ??? I can't help you if you don't want to do any research on what the Kings fans are clamoring for, I can't help you out there. As for not drafting Doncic, that says more to me that they were unhappy at the PF spot than they were at the SF spot...AT THE TIME. As the season has gone on the Kings (or at least their fans) have noticed the deficit at the SF position, And most every site I've seen (including the Kings own NBA website) both Hield and Bogdanovic are listed as SG's

And BTW, I provided this to you earlier, https://earlybirdrights.com/salary-cap/den/ please note that Barton's salary is $11,830, 357 THIS YEAR, maybe YOU need to do some research before spouting off. And I really don't care what you think of my argument, don't be such a piss-ant, at least be a little more respectful or just pass on a response if you're able!!
Take it easy and get ready for the super game man! It is not my fault that your trade proposal was so weak, keep working on it.

If you don't understand the difference between Barton earning 11M (your Initial statement) and 54M in 4 years, I can't help you, it is better to finish the discussion here.

skywalker33

Post#865 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Manolito wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Take it easy and get ready for the super game man! It is not my fault that your trade proposal was so weak, keep working on it.

If you don't understand the difference between Barton earning 11M (your Initial statement) and 54M in 4 years, I can't help you, it is better to finish the discussion here.

I know cap numbers and signing bonuses, not sure you do. Evidently the information I provided and other websites are wrong and YOU are right, how arrogant. :roll: You can discuss my trade's merits (without insults) all you want, my trade may not have wet YOUR whistle but it isn't weak. What's weak is your research but your backpedaling and attitude seems to be strong. :banghead: :banghead:

I'm out of this banter, not worth my time.

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#866 » by THE J0KER » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:31 am

Lyles played tonight only during garbage time, and Barton gets significant role despite he is obviously not ready. In both cases it may be sign for something. Just saying.
skywalker33

Post#867 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:02 pm

THE J0KER wrote:Lyles played tonight only during garbage time, and Barton gets significant role despite he is obviously not ready. In both cases it may be sign for something. Just saying.

Barton did miss the CHI game for personal reasons.....hmmmm

Manolito
Senior

Post#868 » by Manolito » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:16 am

Faried will sign with the Rockets after being bought out by Brooklyn today.

We gave away a first round pick to get rid of him and now he is playing for Houston for free.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#869 » by The Rebel » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:16 pm

Manolito wrote:Faried will sign with the Rockets after being bought out by Brooklyn today.

We gave away a first round pick to get rid of him and now he is playing for Houston for free.

We gave up the 1st round pick so that we were not the ones paying Faried and Arthur the buyouts. We were never going to use Faried again, for proof just look at how many minutes he got last year when Millsap was out. If Brooklyn felt Faried had any value on his current contract they would not be buying him out and the Rockets would be giving up something of value for him.
Manolito
Senior

Post#870 » by Manolito » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:22 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Manolito wrote:Faried will sign with the Rockets after being bought out by Brooklyn today.

We gave up the 1st round pick so that we were not the ones paying Faried and Arthur the buyouts. We were never going to use Faried again, for proof just look at how many minutes he got last year when Millsap was out. If Brooklyn felt Faried had any value on his current contract they would not be buying him out and the Rockets would be giving up something of value for him.
I know, and I totally agree that Faried has no value at all, specially bc of his (lack of) defense

But he might be a good fit in Houston receiving lobs from Harden and we could meet at Play Offs. I hope this is not the typical situation where a former player take his revenge.

skywalker33

Post#871 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:52 am

Manolito wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

I know, and I totally agree that Faried has no value at all, specially bc of his (lack of) defense

But he might be a good fit in Houston receiving lobs from Harden and we could meet at Play Offs. I hope this is not the typical situation where a former player take his revenge.

Faried would be the last problem for the Nuggets if we match up against the Rockets.

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#872 » by THE J0KER » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:03 am

Non-used Faried and Arthur would not cost the team $20M this season, but almost $40M due to the luxury tax, and our 2019 1st is going to be something like #25 (The Lydon pick), so it is a rational decision. I wish Faried all the best in the rest of his career. Denver has different priorities last season which was cruel to Manimal (I'm still thinking he and Juancho should get some minutes at least during a couple of the weeks when Millsap and Plumlee are out both), but he never damaged the Nuggets team and locker room with bad blood.

Seems that Mavs are serious to trade Dennis Smith Jr. While we are not interested in him or Barnes/Mathews or any other Dallas player which is on the table, we can be third team party in DSJ deal if Mavs are interested in Barton and/or Lyles.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#873 » by The Rebel » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:07 pm

THE J0KER wrote:Non-used Faried and Arthur would not cost the team $20M this season, but almost $40M due to the luxury tax, and our 2019 1st is going to be something like #25 (The Lydon pick), so it is a rational decision. I wish Faried all the best in the rest of his career. Denver has different priorities last season which was cruel to Manimal (I'm still thinking he and Juancho should get some minutes at least during a couple of the weeks when Millsap and Plumlee are out both), but he never damaged the Nuggets team and locker room with bad blood.

Seems that Mavs are serious to trade Dennis Smith Jr. While we are not interested in him or Barnes/Mathews or any other Dallas player which is on the table, we can be third team party in DSJ deal if Mavs are interested in Barton and/or Lyles.

Why would we be interested in Barnes or Mathews? What do they bring that we need?
Manolito
Senior

Post#874 » by Manolito » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:53 pm

The J0ker clearly said Denver is NOT interested in DSJ, Barnes or Matthews

skywalker33

Post#875 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:03 pm

So it seems Brandon Ingram May be available, would you trade for him and what would your offer be ?

The way we’ve been able to develop talent it could be a good gamble IMO

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#876 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:16 pm

skywalker33 wrote:So it seems Brandon Ingram May be available, would you trade for him and what would your offer be ?

The way we’ve been able to develop talent it could be a good gamble IMO

I love Ingram's game and wouldn't mind seeing him on the Nuggets. Like Jokic, Murray, Vanderbilt, Porter, and more; handles are great for our team.

The question is less about what we would trade and what they would want. That's a tough question. They clearly want to open salary for next year's free agents. They're biggest non-expiring salaries after LeBron:

$7.5m Lonzo Ball
$5.7m Brandon Ingram
$1.8m Moritz Wagner
$1.7m Kyle Kuzma
$1.5m Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk
$1m Isaac Bonga

SG seems like their weakest depth and they use Ingram at PG-SG-SF.
They aren't real strong at PF either, but they are okay there.

If we were to offer Lyles & Lydon & Thomas, that would be $6.75m expiring - that's not a lot of help but they'd also be trading off $5.7m with Ingram --- totaling $12.45m (roughly). That might help.

If all we take back is Ingram, it works. That's about the best we can give them, that they might take. I like it, but ...
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#877 » by THE J0KER » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:25 pm

Manolito wrote:The J0ker clearly said Denver is NOT interested in DSJ, Barnes or Matthews

Yeah... literally the only Mavs player we can be interested is Luka Doncic, and he is for sure not available on the trade table. But we can be 3rd seed in DSJ deal, especially if Dallas is interested in Barton, Lyles, Plumlee, IT, DEN-2021...

Talking about Ingram I'm a bigger fan of his ceiling before the start of this season than now. Maybe, in this case, we should also try to be the 3rd side in the deal, and get guys like Covington or Otto Porter which is not Lakers targets because they want to try to get next summer some SF-superstar. In that case, Lakers can be interested in expiring Millsap for this year playoff purposes.

FOR EXAMPLE:
Milsap, Ariza, WAS-2019, DEN-2021 to Lakers; Otto Porter to Denver; Ingram, IT, Barton, Stephenson, KCP, Lyles to Washington
skywalker33

Post#878 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:21 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
Manolito wrote:The J0ker clearly said Denver is NOT interested in DSJ, Barnes or Matthews

Yeah... literally the only Mavs player we can be interested is Luka Doncic, and he is for sure not available on the trade table. But we can be 3rd seed in DSJ deal, especially if Dallas is interested in Barton, Lyles, Plumlee, IT, DEN-2021...

Talking about Ingram I'm a bigger fan of his ceiling before the start of this season than now. Maybe, in this case, we should also try to be the 3rd side in the deal, and get guys like Covington or Otto Porter which is not Lakers targets because they want to try to get next summer some SF-superstar. In that case, Lakers can be interested in expiring Millsap for this year playoff purposes.

FOR EXAMPLE:
Milsap, Ariza, WAS-2019, DEN-2021 to Lakers; Otto Porter to Denver; Ingram, IT, Barton, Stephenson, KCP, Lyles to Washington

As I see your trade:

Millsap, Lyles, IT, Barton and a 2021 1st for Otto Porter .......Porter isn't worth that much, let alone what he's being paid IMO...you seem to LOVE to give away our assets for marginal overpaid players, glad you aren't our GM. :banghead:

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#879 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:46 am

skywalker33 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:

FOR EXAMPLE:

As I see your trade:

Millsap, Lyles, IT, Barton and a 2021 1st for Otto Porter .......Porter isn't worth that much, let alone what he's being paid IMO...you seem to LOVE to give away our assets for marginal overpaid players, glad you aren't our GM. :banghead:

I've made similar suggestions in the past and nobody liked those too. :lol: Here's the way I see it, we have too many assets of value and if we combine some and overpay for the exact right player, I'm all for it.

I like Otto Porter but that might be a little too much of an overpay especially because he's basically a SF and so is Michael Porter.

I'd be more interested in one of the Morris twins or Tobias Harris but I'm not sure how high I'd pay for them either.

Thus, my hope we sit tight and just see what happens as our young players develop and just for Mr. Skywalker I'll add that I think all of our young players need more PT (meaning cut back on minutes for Millsap & Barton & even Craig plus don't give Thomas massive minutes either.
Manolito
Senior

Post#880 » by Manolito » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:50 am

Manolito wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Unfortunately my message about Faried fit in Houston seems to be not that wrong...

Return to Denver Nuggets