Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Re: Trades - 2018 off-season - 2019 FA market 

Post#961 » by skywalker33 » Sat Feb 2, 2019 9:03 pm

vanhill wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Manolito wrote:Barton x Danny Green + Anunoby would be a great deal for Nuggets

Sent from my Aquaris M5 using RealGM mobile app

So which non-2way player are you gonna cut to add Green or Anunoby ??? Maybe add Lydon into the trade to balance the roster.

Love that trade!

Kinda like it too !
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#962 » by THE J0KER » Sun Feb 3, 2019 12:39 am

vanhill wrote:Raps fans here. What would be the asking price for Barton?

Barton, Plumlee, Hernangomez for Ibaka, C.J.Miles
skywalker33

Post#963 » by skywalker33 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 1:20 am

THE J0KER wrote:

And how does this benefit the Nuggets ????

Barton >> Miles
Plumlee + Juancho >>> Ibaka

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#964 » by THE J0KER » Sun Feb 3, 2019 1:43 am

skywalker33 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:

Barton >> Miles

Your formula works from a Toronto perspective, but not from Denver view.

Unlike Plumlee, Ibaka can play on the same high level at PF spot together with C, which means we will get 30 minutes of high production, unlike in Plumlee case only 15 minutes until Jokic is on the bench. Ibaka PF abilities are especially important and useful because nobody knows what expect from Millsap next season, and will he be at all in Denver anymore (Lyles too). Miles will be barely used when everyone is healthy, but his contract expires already in 2020 when we must to re-sign Murray and Beasley, unlike Barton 2022 case which contract will damage our ability for FA market improvement every next summer. And Barton >> Miles is just virtual thing because Barton minutes will be divided by Beasley, MPJ, and Craig anyway, not send to Miles.
skywalker33

Post#965 » by skywalker33 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:19 am

THE J0KER wrote:Unlike Plumlee, Ibaka can play on the same high level at PF spot together with C, which means we will get 30 minutes of high production, unlike in Plumlee case only 15 minutes until Jokic is on the bench. Ibaka PF abilities are especially important and useful because nobody knows what expect from Millsap next season, and will he be at all in Denver anymore (Lyles too). Miles will be barely used when everyone is healthy, but his contract expires already in 2020 when we must to re-sign Murray and Beasley, unlike Barton 2022 case which contract will damage our ability for FA market improvement every next summer. And Barton >> Miles is just virtual thing because Barton minutes will be divided by Beasley, MPJ, and Craig anyway, not send to Miles.

Where to begin ??

When Millsap was out this year, the Plumlee/Jokic combo was very effective, go back and check out those games. In your 30min scenario, are you just putting Millsap on the bench, not happening ?? And you point out you don't know what you'll get from Millsap yet you're indicating it'll be negative...can't have it both ways. Frankly, I like the Jokic/Millsap duo from what I've seen over the Jokic/Ibaka duo you're speculating at. Also, I've seen you bitch' about Plumlee being an overpaid backup, well you're almost doubling that salary with Ibaka's. And I don't see him getting the 29mpg that he's getting in TOR but perhaps close.

And then you trade another productive piece in Barton for basically cap space (which we wouldn't see until about the same time as if we didn't do this trade). Miles probably wouldn't even play. And to top it off you're GIVING AWAY Juancho.

I don't see it from a Nuggets perspective at all, guess this is just another trade we disagree on.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#966 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:53 am

Manolito wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:So which non-2way player are you gonna cut to add Green or Anunoby ??? Maybe add Lydon into the trade to balance the roster.

Denver trading one player for two players makes NO sense. As Sky asks, who do we then cut loose? We have 15 players that seem worth keeping and two-way players can't be used in a trade like this one, at least not for the Nuggets.
Come on.... you have the option to obtain Anunoby and simultaneously get rid of Barton but you don't complete the deal to avoid losing Lydon?

Nuggets  have declined their third-year option on him, it does not look promising.

Anyway this trade will never happen, Toronto won't be interested in commiting long term salary and they already have Norman Powell with similar role and contract.

:confused: Toronto won't do it but you want us to agree to do it? :confused:

So let's analyze this trade: Green is a 31 year old that takes more 3pt shots than 2pt shots. He gets about 3 boards per game and not many other stats. We'd be picking him up just for his expiring contract. I don't totally object to jettisoning Barton's contract but this makes our team worse this year.

So let's add Anunoby into the equation for maybe Lydon. Not a bad deal but Anunoby hasn't exactly lived up to our hopes when those two were drafted back-to-back. Anunoby takes about 1/3 of his shots from 3pt range and draws almost no fouls which is good because he's a terrible FT shooter. He also rebounds around at around 2-3 boards per game. So I'm not even sure we still want him.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#967 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Feb 3, 2019 5:01 am

skywalker33 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:

Barton >> Miles

Well, it's not a terrible deal but it doesn't make sense for Denver.

Plumlee seems like a better backup for Jokic. Sure, you can argue Ibaka is better than Plumlee but "better" doesn't always mean "better fit". If he takes Jokic's slot on the floor, the style of game has to change significantly - it only needs to change slightly for Plumlee.

I like Miles' defense better than Barton's but I like Barton's offense better than Miles' - his shooting is not good and he contributes very little other than that.

Throwing in Herngomez is what really makes this a terrible deal. He may or not may not become a significant player but he's worth the gamble.
vanhill
Senior
And1: 245

Post#968 » by vanhill » Sun Feb 3, 2019 8:40 am

Manolito wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
So which non-2way player are you gonna cut to add Green or Anunoby ??? Maybe add Lydon into the trade to balance the roster.

Denver trading one player for two players makes NO sense. As Sky asks, who do we then cut loose? We have 15 players that seem worth keeping and two-way players can't be used in a trade like this one, at least not for the Nuggets.
Come on.... you have the option to obtain Anunoby and simultaneously get rid of Barton but you don't complete the deal to avoid losing Lydon?

Nuggets  have declined their third-year option on him, it does not look promising.

Anyway this trade will never happen, Toronto won't be interested in commiting long term salary and they already have Norman Powell with similar role and contract.

Sent from my Aquaris M5 using RealGM mobile app

We might do it cux I feel Barton can be a good fit in Toronto. He is a different baller with better play making skills, not to mentioned Powell is an undersized SG .If Barton Is made available we will pull a trigger for sure.
skywalker33

Post#969 » by skywalker33 » Mon Feb 4, 2019 12:43 am

The Nuggets own a pair of trade exceptions and have slightly less than $7MM in breathing room under the tax. They are open to taking on a salary dump if another team calls and has to shed a player in that price range

How can we finally put a TPE to our benefit ??

U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#970 » by U hova » Mon Feb 4, 2019 2:36 pm

I'm not sure where to ask but do you think the Rams situation would ever affect the Kroenke's going into the tax for the Nuggets?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#971 » by The Rebel » Mon Feb 4, 2019 2:40 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
The Nuggets own a pair of trade exceptions and have slightly less than $7MM in breathing room under the tax. They are open to taking on a salary dump if another team calls and has to shed a player in that price range

How can we finally put a TPE to our benefit ??

The morris twins can fit into it and both their teams are in the luxury tax, the Wizards by $6.2 million. The Celtics by about $4 million.

Say either Morris into one of the TPEs and Lyles back to Washington or Boston for a pick? Gets us an expiring backup PF that is more dependable and defensive than Lyles.

The Trailblazers have Aminu which gets them below the tax apron but I would rather something bigger. The deal I would not mind is something like Harkless into our TPE with Lyles and Craig for a protected 2nd round pick. Gets them out of the lottery gets us a placeholder at starting SF who is a very good defender and okay 4th guy on offense and keeps us just under the tax.

The Grizzlies are about $2 million over and have JaMichael Green making $7.8 million, a deal with Lyles and Lydon for Green and a pick makes sense and saves them from the tax while getting us another expiring deal.

The Heat are well into the tax, they have Ellington that would fit but I would not want him.

I would prefer we get into one of the deal for guys like Davis, Conley, Gasol, and give up Millsap’s expiring while taking back a bad 2 year deal and another long term big man prospect, but that is just me.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#972 » by The Rebel » Mon Feb 4, 2019 2:43 pm

U hova wrote:I'm not sure where to ask but do you think the Rams situation would ever affect the Kroenke's going into the tax for the Nuggets?

I'm not sure what you mean? The Rams have always made money, but Kroenke has always said that he expects all his franchises to be self sustaining like any business. Which means to me that the Nuggets are only dependent on making enough of their own money to pay the tax. I expect them to pay the tax for the Nuggets in 2 years, but am pretty sure it will have nothing to do with the Rams.
executor
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#973 » by executor » Mon Feb 4, 2019 6:28 pm

Jokic and Harris have bonuses 2-3M for making playoff and second round. We have only 5M in Salary cap.

I expect them to keep Trey (His biggest problem is not working hard to improve) for 2/10M.

We don't have any pick this year, so i can see as hunting for second round pick in trade deadline.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#974 » by The Rebel » Mon Feb 4, 2019 10:47 pm

executor wrote:Jokic and Harris have bonuses 2-3M for making playoff and second round. We have only 5M in Salary cap.

I expect them to keep Trey (His biggest problem is not working hard to improve) for 2/10M.

We don't have any pick this year, so i can see as hunting for second round pick in trade deadline.

I don't know where you are getting that Jokic and Harris have $3 million in incentives to make the 2nd round, when Jokic was widely reported only to have $1 million in incentives in total per year. IF lowe is saying they have been shopping the TPE than I will take his word for it. While he does not break trades, he has always proven to be very knowledgeable when he does report something.

I do not care what Lyles excuse is, they would be better off letting him walk instead of signing him to any deal next year. He obviously does not fit, and it is obvious that he does not work that hard and that Malone is not getting through to him, he has regressed to the point of being the worst player on the floor most nights, he needs a change of scenery more than we need to keep him. Especially since it is pretty obvious that Vanderbilt and MPJ have talent and will be needing minutes at the forward slots next year.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#975 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Feb 4, 2019 11:12 pm

The Rebel wrote:
U hova wrote:I'm not sure where to ask but do you think the Rams situation would ever affect the Kroenke's going into the tax for the Nuggets?

I'm not sure what you mean? The Rams have always made money, but Kroenke has always said that he expects all his franchises to be self sustaining like any business. Which means to me that the Nuggets are only dependent on making enough of their own money to pay the tax. I expect them to pay the tax for the Nuggets in 2 years, but am pretty sure it will have nothing to do with the Rams.

If it means a championship, I doubt money would be an issue for the Kroenkes.
skywalker33

Post#976 » by skywalker33 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 3:16 am

Does anyone really think we'll get in on the AD sweepstake ? I could see something during the offseason but not by the trade deadline. The Lakers offers I've see are truly pathetic.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#977 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Feb 5, 2019 3:52 am

skywalker33 wrote:Does anyone really think we'll get in on the AD sweepstake ? I could see something during the offseason but not by the trade deadline. The Lakers offers I've see are truly pathetic.

I'd love to add Davis to the Nuggets, even if it costs one or two of our young players plus other assets. However, it could disrupt our flow (not that we are flowing very well :dontknow: ). But not, I don't really expect us to be a winner in that sweepstake.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#978 » by The Rebel » Tue Feb 5, 2019 11:22 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Does anyone really think we'll get in on the AD sweepstake ? I could see something during the offseason but not by the trade deadline. The Lakers offers I've see are truly pathetic.

I'd love to add Davis to the Nuggets, even if it costs one or two of our young players plus other assets. However, it could disrupt our flow (not that we are flowing very well :dontknow: ). But not, I don't really expect us to be a winner in that sweepstake.

I really think Rich Paul and Lebron are pushing really hard to get Davis to LA, and I have a feeling they are not being shy about telling teams that Davis only wants the Lakers. That is why I think you do not see us in the rumors despite most of the media saying that we are a darkhorse and we have the pieces to easily get in, but no mention that we have.

I think the only thing we can do is ensure that there is a proper bidding war forcing the Lakers to pay through the nose for Davis. I do not know if they will get a deal done this season but if they do than make it so they are basically stuck with limited cap, no draft picks, and limited young talent on the roster.
skywalker33

Post#979 » by skywalker33 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 4:33 pm

The Rebel wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

I really think Rich Paul and Lebron are pushing really hard to get Davis to LA, and I have a feeling they are not being shy about telling teams that Davis only wants the Lakers. That is why I think you do not see us in the rumors despite most of the media saying that we are a darkhorse and we have the pieces to easily get in, but no mention that we have.

I think the only thing we can do is ensure that there is a proper bidding war forcing the Lakers to pay through the nose for Davis. I do not know if they will get a deal done this season but if they do than make it so they are basically stuck with limited cap, no draft picks, and limited young talent on the roster.

I agree, and while I think the Commish is afraid to go after LBJ, he should have words with Rich Paul. Paul seems to be doing all the dirty work here but you can bet your bottom dollar that LBJ and Magic are pulling some strings there too.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#980 » by The Rebel » Tue Feb 5, 2019 6:39 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:I'd love to add Davis to the Nuggets, even if it costs one or two of our young players plus other assets. However, it could disrupt our flow (not that we are flowing very well :dontknow: ). But not, I don't really expect us to be a winner in that sweepstake.

I agree, and while I think the Commish is afraid to go after LBJ, he should have words with Rich Paul. Paul seems to be doing all the dirty work here but you can bet your bottom dollar that LBJ and Magic are pulling some strings there too.

I fully agree, but the real issue is that usually this is handled by the team trading the player fleecing the other team and nobody is fined and nothing is reported. The truth is that the Lakers do not have much talent. I do not care that all these guys were 2nd overall picks, the best player from that 35 win team was Randle, the guys they have left are not nearly as good as him and really I do not see the all star type talent that Lakers fans claim. I think all of their young guys will be lucky to be above average starters and I do not blame the Pelicans for turning the deals down.

If Davis truly wants out than he is going to have to give the Pelicans a real list as I do not think they trade him until this summer, and I doubt it is too the Lakers.

Return to Denver Nuggets