Moderator: THE J0KER

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Re: Around the NBA (2018-19 season) 

Post#121 » by THE J0KER » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:04 pm

TunaFish wrote:
U hova wrote:I think those OKC based trades are a pipe-dream. They're about to pay Westbrook uh... ALOT of money, and they're not going to trade away talent even if their chances with him at the helm are near zero.

If that is true then how does OKC deal with luxury tax issue? They have the 2nd highest payroll in the NBA and yet they can't get out of the 1st round. Pay the tax or change the team.

Oklahoma does so many things to get Paul George, so it would be really shocking if they going to trade him already after the first season of his new contract, a career-best season where he played the all-star game as a starter!? But if he is really not locked for deals I would send a super offer which including Harris, Morris, 2021-1st, and take of awful Schroder contract to get Paul George in Denver. He is literally a perfect fit all-star for Denver with his defensive and 3pt profile and as a team-oriented player able to play SG-SF-PF. Out of all active NBA players, only Durant and Leonard would better suit this Nuggets team.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#122 » by The Rebel » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:57 pm

TunaFish wrote:
U hova wrote:I think those OKC based trades are a pipe-dream. They're about to pay Westbrook uh... ALOT of money, and they're not going to trade away talent even if their chances with him at the helm are near zero.

If that is true then how does OKC deal with luxury tax issue? They have the 2nd highest payroll in the NBA and yet they can't get out of the 1st round. Pay the tax or change the team.

That is the real question, I know that the Thunder brought in some billionaire investor who put in enough money that they were allowed to go into the luxury tax for the 1st time, but at this point the ownership has to be getting tired of paying that kind of money to be a 1st round exit and really not even competitive in a series since.

As I said i would not be surprised to see the Thunder shuffle around some of the bench guys and come out with a shooter or two, but overall they are very limited in ways to improve, I think they are stuck and if they run close to the same team back they are still going to be a 1st round exit team which may cost Presti his job.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#123 » by skywalker33 » Wed May 8, 2019 11:17 pm

Rebel, watching Collins in this series, he seems real soft, not a rebounder at all. He reminds me of a weaker Blair Rasmussen. Not sure he's be a good fit behind Jokic.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#124 » by Manolito » Thu May 9, 2019 6:18 am

Durant injured his calf tonight, he might not play WCF.

We still have to beat Portland one more time, but Denver chances to get the finals rised from 1% to 10%.

Sent from my Aquaris M5 using RealGM mobile app
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#125 » by psimanic1 » Thu May 9, 2019 7:13 am

Manolito wrote:Durant injured his calf tonight, he might not play WCF.

We still have to beat Portland one more time, but Denver chances to get the finals rised from 1% to 10%.

Wouldn't it be something to win against The Mole?
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#126 » by U hova » Thu May 9, 2019 2:14 pm

Yea but if the Rockets make the comeback our chances go down to 0
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#127 » by The Rebel » Thu May 9, 2019 3:12 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Rebel, watching Collins in this series, he seems real soft, not a rebounder at all. He reminds me of a weaker Blair Rasmussen. Not sure he's be a good fit behind Jokic.

As I have always said he would be my 3rd big at best. While he cannot handle Jokic, he has actually done a good job against Plumlee and bugged him and has somewhat gotten under Jokic's skin at times. Which is all we need from a bench big.

The toughness for me has to come from Vanderbilt. He is the defender, rebounder, hustle guy which means he has to have the heart and toughness to step in during an issue.

Collins is the bench big that comes in and spreads the floor and stops the layup lines at the rim when our perimeter players are not slowing down the drives.

Harkless is not a soft player at all and is a good perimeter defender to work with Craig and Harris giving us at least 1 good one on the court at all times.

The Blazers are still in cap hell, they do not have a means to sign Kanter, Curry, and Hood. They are already at the tax line with needing to resign Aminu, and the taxpayer MLE will likely only get 1 of those guys with the playoffs they have all been having.

Given that I think we can get Collins very cheaply considering. We have the TPEs to take back both Harkless and Collins for free.

Now I am not so sure that they would take Barton as he has not been great this year, but if they could be convinced that he is their scorer off the bench than we could literally give them Barton for Harkless and Collins keeping us just under the luxury tax even if we opt into Millsap's deal, which creates a max cap slot in 2020 without losing any of the young guys and holding Plumlee's bird rights. So if in a year we do not like Collins he can be dumped and we could bring back Plumlee on a short term deal, but if he works out than our bigs are set and we can go get a max guy at the 3 or 4 depending on how Murray and Harris are doing and whether MPJ or Vanderbilt are going to work out.

For the Trailblazers Barton can replace Hood's scoring, allowing them to give the full taxpayer MLE to Kanter and with Anfernee Simons they can still have a viable bench once Nurkic gets healthy.

edited to add, I am not so concerned about toughness seeing the way that Jokic, Harris, and Murray have not only stood their grounds but went back after guys who tried to get physical with them in the playoffs. I still want a goon off the bench, but he can be the 11th or 12th man at this point.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#128 » by The Rebel » Thu May 9, 2019 3:23 pm

U hova wrote:

Yea but if the Rockets make the comeback our chances go down to 0

I am not so sure about that, Harden has not been getting the foul calls and both Paul and Capela have been struggling in both series this year. Plus they are known to run out of gas late in the playoffs. If we can get some rest winning tonight and the warriors/rockets goes to 7 with the same type of schedule the Nuggets have had since the 5th game of the Spurs, than I think we may have a slight chance against either team.
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#129 » by U hova » Thu May 9, 2019 8:11 pm

I guess I just broke my unspoken rule about thinking about possible match-ups before the series is over
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#130 » by The Rebel » Sat May 11, 2019 1:32 pm

Anybody else getting a good laugh at the people claiming the Rockets were easily the better team and they were going to beat the Warriors while the Nuggets were the fake 2 seed? They cannot even beat the Warriors without Durant and Cousins, and could not beat the Thunder, yet they still insist that their team is better than everybody else. Right now the top 3 seed have all made it further than the 4th seed Rockets, and while they were facing a 1st seed, that 1st seed has been their weakest for the last 1 1/2 games we have since their rise.
psimanic1
Starter

Post#131 » by psimanic1 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:21 am

If we just had Gallo instead of Barton in this series....Can we get offseason thread now, please?
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#132 » by NuggetsWY » Mon May 13, 2019 11:40 am

psimanic1 wrote:If we just had Gallo instead of Barton in this series....Can we get offseason thread now, please?

Well, we have one labeled 2019 Offseason questions but if you want to start a new thread along those lines with a different start, I wouldn't object. I can make either one a sticky.
psimanic1
Starter

Post#133 » by psimanic1 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:45 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
psimanic1 wrote:If we just had Gallo instead of Barton in this series....Can we get offseason thread now, please?

Well, we have one labeled 2019 Offseason questions but if you want to start a new thread along those lines with a different start, I wouldn't object. I can make either one a sticky.

No problem, somehow I didn't see that one, maybe it was on 2nd page or something :D
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#134 » by NuggetsWY » Mon May 13, 2019 11:52 am

psimanic1 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

No problem, somehow I didn't see that one, maybe it was on 2nd page or something :D

Well, it is near the top but yeah, I've missed some myself. No big deal. I guess I'll just make that one a sticky.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#135 » by The Rebel » Mon May 13, 2019 2:45 pm

If we had Gallo instead of Barton this season we would have been the 1st seed and we would not be having this discussion. Clippers may have to move Gallo, but I do not see any way they take back Barton as they are going to be looking for cap space.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#136 » by skywalker33 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:50 pm

The Rebel wrote:

If we had Gallo instead of Barton this season we would have been the 1st seed and we would not be having this discussion. Clippers may have to move Gallo, but I do not see any way they take back Barton as they are going to be looking for cap space.

As are we...
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
psimanic1
Starter

Post#137 » by psimanic1 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:12 pm

Is it possible to trade Millsap, they cut his option, we get Gallo, and we sign Millsap back? And why not... xD
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#138 » by The Rebel » Wed May 15, 2019 1:21 am

The draft lottery just put both the Pelicans and the Grizzlies in weird positions.

The Pelicans can likely get the 3rd or 4th pick in a package for AD, that and Zion along with JRue can give them a young team with a lot of future growth. I doubt they are great next year, but they can be in a few years.

The Grizzlies wanted to give up their pick this year in order to tank next year. It was top 8 protected this year and top 6 next year. They had every intention of trading Conley this summer and tanking next year with JJJ and the package they got for Gasol and Conley getting all the minutes. So do they tank next year and trade Conley, or focus on developing JJJ and this year's pick while trying to compete for the playoffs with Conley?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#139 » by The Rebel » Wed May 15, 2019 1:25 am

psimanic1 wrote:Is it possible to trade Millsap, they cut his option, we get Gallo, and we sign Millsap back? And why not... xD

You cannot trade a guy on an option, you have to pick up his option or it is viewed as trading an expiring after the deadline. We can trade him somewhere but he would have to want to go there and they have to want to keep him.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#140 » by THE J0KER » Wed May 15, 2019 2:28 am

What a plot twist for Pelicans 2018-19 season. Just couple hours ago they're looked as 2nd biggest loser of this season, right after Lakers. But right now they looks like Happiest franchise out of all 26 which alrer finished this season!?

Return to Denver Nuggets