ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (2018-19 season)

Moderator: THE J0KER

FilNugsFan
Sophomore
And1: 255

Re: Around the NBA (2018-19 season) 

Post#21 » by FilNugsFan » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:36 pm

Not really sure where to post this, but just wanna wish you all Nugs fans in the US a Happy Thanksgiving! :)
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#22 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:38 pm

FilNugsFan wrote:Not really sure where to post this, but just wanna wish you all Nugs fans in the US a Happy Thanksgiving! :)

and a general "Happy Day" to you as well - THANKS!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,484

Post#23 » by THE J0KER » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:00 am

Emmanuel Mudiay gets unexpectedly starters job late this month, and even more surprisingly he uses his opportunity very well so far with scoring over 15pts in 4 out of last 6 games with a great TS%, including 27 and 17 in last two games where Knicks shocked our Conference rivals Pelicans and Grizzlies.

Another former Nuggets which take against all odds starter job was Willson Chandler. I can't believe how this man is lucky. He comes to Sixers to be something like 5th forward option. But Sixers fail to sign some big forward star on FA market during offseason, Fultz disappointed once again so Simmons is officially moved to PG spot, Bjelica gave up to join Philly, and lately, they traded Covington and Saric, so once again right from nowhere, Willson Chandler becomes a starter in an elite starting lineup! Last season with Jokic, Millsap, Harris, and Murray, and this season with Embiid, Butler, Reddick, and Simmons.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:36 pm

THE J0KER wrote:Emmanuel Mudiay gets unexpectedly starters job late this month, and even more surprisingly he uses his opportunity very well so far with scoring over 15pts in 4 out of last 6 games with a great TS%, including 27 and 17 in last two games where Knicks shocked our Conference rivals Pelicans and Grizzlies.

Another former Nuggets which take against all odds starter job was Willson Chandler. I can't believe how this man is lucky. He comes to Sixers to be something like 5th forward option. But Sixers fail to sign some big forward star on FA market during offseason, Fultz disappointed once again so Simmons is officially moved to PG spot, Bjelica gave up to join Philly, and lately, they traded Covington and Saric, so once again right from nowhere, Willson Chandler becomes a starter in an elite starting lineup! Last season with Jokic, Millsap, Harris, and Murray, and this season with Embiid, Butler, Reddick, and Simmons.

Very happy for both of them. Malone gave Mudiay more opportunity than he has given any other young player. You've got to believe Malone did his best to help Mudiay or he wouldn't have invested all of that playing time. It would be nice to see him do well.

Chandler was once a great Nuggets' contributor. He certainly was a good all-around player and I'm pleased to see him starting.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Dec 1, 2018 4:37 pm

Which surprises you more?
Celtic's slow start -or- Clippers great start?
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#26 » by skywalker33 » Sun Dec 2, 2018 4:23 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:Which surprises you more?
Celtic's slow start -or- Clippers great start?

Surprises me more...the Clippers great start. Nice that we we're able to gain a slight advantage taking the 1st game of the year on the road no less

Enjoys more.....I really dislike the BOS fans so their mediocre start is almost as good as the Nuggets putting it all together this year.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33

Post#27 » by skywalker33 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:31 am

So much for LAC's fast start, the fade has begun....but BOS is just a little more than MEDIOCRE so not a total loss.

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#28 » by THE J0KER » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:17 am

With a 1-4 record in past 5 games Clippers and Grizzlies are down to the Earth faster than I expected, so right now, a most positive surprise of the season is arguably Indiana Pacers. After winning the last 6 games, Pacers are 19-10, with the easy schedule until the end of December, which means they can finish 2018 with league TOP5 best record, against all odds.

Boston Celtics are a big disappointment for everyone so far this season, but not even close that big as Houston Rockets.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:31 pm

I'll stick with my biggest shocks as:
Clippers doing this well even if dropping
Mavericks doing this well
Sacramento doing much of anything

Celtics struggles - but I still believe they have enough talent to be dangerous in the long run
Wizards implosion
Jazz struggling so much (but they did have the toughest schedule to begin)
Rockets - enough said

#1 favorite surprise - Nuggets in 1st place in the west w/2nd best record in the league

Let's just admit - it's been a rather unpredictable season so far
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#30 » by THE J0KER » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:09 am

If Toronto, which has problems lately with injuries of a couple important players lose next game vs Pacers, Denver will top the whole league for the moment after 30 games!

Long waited December 15 gives only one single trade in the league, but that one is one of most bizarre trades in NBA history. Canceled once because of misunderstanding about the correct name of one of the 5 players involved in 3 sides deal, and then finished between two of them, but that is not the all. The 2nd team brought out instantly player which they should only get in original trade and hold another one which should go originally to the 3rd team, and it seems that dropped player will finish at the end into that third team, despite he was not their original target!

Everyone makes fun about Washington and Phoenix front offices now, but I think Memphis FO played dirty there. Do you remember last season in the last hours of trade deadline how they tried to steal extra 2nd rounder from us when we offer them more than correct ex#6 pick Mudiay for expiring Tyreke Evans deal? We don't want to be humiliated and just gifted Mudiay to the 3rd team, but from East, NY Knicks. Memphis didn't need Evans at all for their tanking efforts, and he played just about 5 games out of season's last 35. We desperately needed a decent SG-SF option with W.Chandler struggling and G.Harris was injured, and we miss the playoff by just one game at the end. But I'm so happy now with Mudiay performing so well lately for the Knicks (20-4-6 TS%58% in 9 December games), I can imagine how Grizzlies management looks pissed right now because of that. We offered them former #6 draft pick under rookie contract almost as a gift in exchange for just 2 months of the play of expiring veteran, but they wanted even more.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:57 am

Sure do enjoy the impact Korver has had on the Jazz. I wasn't in favor of Denver trading for him, but it might have been nice. He plays intelligent defense and is very active on the offensive end - constantly moving. His catch-and-shoot is crazy great. He'd be a nice fit and oh by the way, he's in better condition than most players that are 15 years younger than him.
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 14,967

Post#32 » by Sgt Major » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:42 am

There was a thread yesterday in GB about what would the Nuggets like had they drafted Mitchell and I wanted to say that from the current Jazz roster I'd rather have Korver, but it was all about the draft, so I didn't want to derail the talk and now you mentioned him here. :)

Yep, totally agree with everything you said. He'd be a perfect bench player for the Nuggets, with all the passing, spacing and ball movement.
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Jan 5, 2019 2:48 pm

Interesting fact shared during last night's Jazz-Cavs game. 5 of the Cavs top-7 scorers from last year are no longer on the team and the other two haven't played much (Love & Smith).
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#34 » by THE J0KER » Mon Jan 7, 2019 2:35 am

If Denver wins next 4 games, and Milwaukee lose in Houston this week, Nuggets will lead whole NBA after half of the season 41 games! If Denver has a 3-1 record in the next 4 games, and Bucks lose that game in Houston, Denver, Milwaukee and Houston will be 29-12 co-best teams in NBA after the 1st half of the season (Toronto already played 41 games, with 29-12 record).
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#35 » by U hova » Wed Jan 9, 2019 3:28 pm

I don't really know where to put this but we're bottom 4 in pace this year, though at a rate that would have still led the league a few years ago... other teams have just followed the trend of analytics.
The league has been scheduling games so that opponents get more days of rest or only play us on the first night of back-to-backs to weaken our home court advantage.

Those 2 points aren't really related, but out running our opponents used to be a significant part of our strategy, and yet we've kept up our strong home record despite moving away from what historically gave us strength. Surreal to step-back and take in for me.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jan 9, 2019 3:32 pm

U hova wrote:I don't really know where to put this but we're bottom 4 in pace this year, though at a rate that would have still led the league a few years ago... other teams have just followed the trend of analytics.
The league has been scheduling games so that opponents get more days of rest or only play us on the first night of back-to-backs to weaken our home court advantage.

Those 2 points aren't really related, but out running our opponents used to be a significant part of our strategy, and yet we've kept up our strong home record despite moving away from what historically gave us strength. Surreal to step-back and take in for me.

Totally surreal - but that's the game Malone is coaching. He likes fast-breaks but he's not pushing hard to get them. To me that's part of our home-court advantage, but ... hey, it's working pretty good. :wink:
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#37 » by THE J0KER » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:12 pm

After some unexpected loses of Toronto and Milwaukee lately, Nuggets have some chances to be at the end of all-star voting (on January 21st) not just best on the West, but a team with overall best record in the NBA!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:26 am

Friday night's Lakers-Jazz game had the Jazz without all three PGs --- that's rough!
Manolito
Senior
And1: 389

Post#39 » by Manolito » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:35 pm

Capela will be sidelined for the next 4-6 weeks....I see quite complicated for Houston to reach any of the top3 positions.

We have a realistic chance to avoid Houston at the Play Off bracket.

Sent from my Aquaris M5 using RealGM mobile app
skywalker33

Post#40 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:44 am

Return to Denver Nuggets