And1: 2,476

Jokic FGA - Player Problem or Coaching Problem 

Post#1 » by Wigginstime » Thu Nov 8, 2018 8:38 pm

Jokic Field Goal Attempts in past 4 games
vs. Memphic 0-1 FG
vs. Boston 2-3 FG
vs. Utah 3-9 FG
vs. Clevland 2-5 FG

Jokic has taken 18 shots in the past 4 games. This is simply inexcusable for a player of his caliber. Jokic should never take less than 15FGA in any given game as he is the most gifted offensive big in the entire league. Is this a flaw with Jokic or bad coaching?
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Jokic FGA - Player Problem or Coaching Problem 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Thu Nov 8, 2018 8:45 pm

So how’s that Butler situation going ??? We have plenty of posts about the Joker, we don’t have anything but speculation does this really need its own thread ??
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Wigginstime
Sixth Man
And1: 2,476

Post#3 » by Wigginstime » Thu Nov 8, 2018 9:43 pm

skywalker33 wrote:So how’s that Butler situation going ??? We have plenty of posts about the Joker, we don’t have anything but speculation does this really need its own thread ??

My account name was created in 2006 when Andrew Wiggins was 11 and is in reference to something completely different. It has nothing to do with him and I'm not a Wolves fan... I am a Nuggets fan but thanks for getting short...
skywalker33

Post#4 » by skywalker33 » Thu Nov 8, 2018 11:08 pm

Wigginstime wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:So how’s that Butler situation going ??? We have plenty of posts about the Joker, we don’t have anything but speculation does this really need its own thread ??

My account name was created in 2006 when Andrew Wiggins was 11 and is in reference to something completely different. It has nothing to do with him and I'm not a Wolves fan... I am a Nuggets fan but thanks for getting short...

Seriously doubt that, at best a band-wagonner. Real Nuggets fans join in this forum, all I see from your profile is LA posts, nothing in this forum. I smell a little BS.

Acountant_Z
Junior
And1: 169

Post#5 » by Acountant_Z » Thu Nov 8, 2018 11:26 pm

Sky,

Why are you being a jerk? Guy is asking a legitimate question that you yourself want to know the answer to.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,786

Post#6 » by TunaFish » Fri Nov 9, 2018 12:42 am

Wigginstime wrote:Jokic Field Goal Attempts in past 4 games
vs. Memphic 0-1 FG
vs. Boston 2-3 FG
vs. Utah 3-9 FG
vs. Clevland 2-5 FG

Jokic has taken 18 shots in the past 4 games. This is simply inexcusable for a player of his caliber. Jokic should never take less than 15FGA in any given game as he is the most gifted offensive big in the entire league. Is this a flaw with Jokic or bad coaching?

Its not coaching, the offense looks the same only he doesn't want to shoot. No idea why.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#7 » by skywalker33 » Fri Nov 9, 2018 1:33 am

I’ve heard he let his recent gay slur/fine get into his head, could see that a bit but dwelling on that for 3 games seems unlikely since $25k to him is like $1 to most of us

skywalker33

Post#8 » by skywalker33 » Fri Nov 9, 2018 1:36 am

Acountant_Z wrote:Sky,

Why are you being a jerk? Guy is asking a legitimate question that you yourself want to know the answer to.
just feels like someone trying to stir up trouble, then claiming to be a Nuggets fan ( much like you ) and I don’t appreciate dealing with that low-mentality crap

And let’s be honest there’s already a thread about Jokics production where this is already and should continue to be discussed there

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#9 » by The Rebel » Fri Nov 9, 2018 1:14 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Wigginstime wrote:

Seriously doubt that, at best a band-wagonner. Real Nuggets fans join in this forum, all I see from your profile is LA posts, nothing in this forum. I smell a little BS.

Wigginstime is a Nuggets fan who primarily posts on the general board and has been here off and on since before I became a mod. Like many he has not posted much since Karl was fired but neither have a lot of posters that have shown back up lately.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#10 » by The Rebel » Fri Nov 9, 2018 1:20 pm

Hastings was trying to push that it was just Jokic getting in his whole head, and maybe that is partially the case, but I think it also has a lot to do with how much we are depending on Jokic on both ends. It is a lot to ask to have him anchor the defense where he is involved in every play, then face constant double teams while he tries to run the offense on the other end. In fact Harris, Murray, and Jokic are all being asked to put in more effort than they should to cover for Craig.

Replacing Craig with Juancho would help Jokic open more space and give him someone to pass to so he no longer is being asked to go against double teams constantly but he also needs to be more aggressive.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#11 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Nov 9, 2018 4:09 pm

We already have Jokic thread - locking this one

Return to Denver Nuggets