ImageImageImage

Game 14: Houston Rockets (5-7) @ Denver Nuggets (9-4) - 9:00 PM ET

Moderator: THE J0KER

13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Re: Game 14: Houston Rockets (5-7) @ Denver Nuggets (9-4) - 9:00 PM ET 

Post#21 » by 13th Man » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:54 am

Anyone know what happened to Jokic at the end of the game?

Tue‎, ‎Nov‎ ‎13‎ ‎11‎:‎36‎ ‎PM
ROTOWIRE.COM
Jokic went to the X-ray room following Tuesday's 109-99 loss to the Rockets, T.J. McBride of Mile High Sports reports.
Spin: It's not immediately clear what type of injury is being looked at. More information may be provided at the post-game press conference. Otherwise, Wednesday's practice could provide some insight.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#22 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:12 am

Revived wrote:
The Rebel wrote:8th straight loss in Houston, Malone really has no clue how to stop the rockets as basically that is 2 totally different lineups since we last won there.

This game was in Denver.

Easily meant VS. Denver, don't make a mountain out of a typo
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,447

Post#23 » by Revived » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:44 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Revived wrote:
The Rebel wrote:8th straight loss in Houston, Malone really has no clue how to stop the rockets as basically that is 2 totally different lineups since we last won there.

This game was in Denver.

I’m not sure it’s a typo, he may simply be mistaken of where the game was played. Especially considering the last part of his post.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#24 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:29 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Popovich wrote:And why Denver has LGBT jerseys LOL!!

Pretty homophobic statement, and a bit ignorant once again.

Popovich - a little class please, keep your crudeness elsewhere, it will not be tolerated on the Nuggets' board.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:34 pm

Houston plays the same no matter who they are playing against and no matter who is on the court. It appears some teams have figured that out, based on their record this year. Clearly, Denver has not figured out how to play against Houston.
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#26 » by Maf » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:38 pm

Back to reality...
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
skywalker33

Post#27 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:36 pm

Maf wrote:Back to reality...
Poor attempt to diminish where the Nuggets are at considering a healthy IT should be joining the rotation and Barton looks to be back in Dec too.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#28 » by The Rebel » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:38 am

Revived wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Revived wrote:This game was in Denver.

I’m not sure it’s a typo, he may simply be mistaken of where the game was played. Especially considering the last part of his post.

Yes it was a typo, but why would the last half of my sentence not fit? Or even surprise you? The 1st loss in the current streak featured a starting lineup of Mudiay/ Barton/ Gallo/ Faried/ Nurkic with Chandler/ Nelson/ Gee/ Arthur/ rookie Murray the bench players. That is a very different group of players than what played last night with considerably different strengths and weaknesses.
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#29 » by Maf » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:06 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Poor attempt to diminish where the Nuggets are at considering a healthy IT should be joining the rotation and Barton looks to be back in Dec too.

It was more like saying I was so high on Nuggets after hot start that I thought of them as "very likely" to win division, go for like 60 wins. Nuggets are still in great position to make PO and that is probably their goal. So that back to reality was fans like me who had big eyes (don't know if that phrase is in English too. Means expecting bigger things). And to be honest, I don't care about IT anymore. I muse say I don't really want him, now. Morris plays sooooo GOOOOOD! Love this man. Like 8 to 1 As/To ratio? Gimme that! And I am afraid when IT returns he steals MM minutes and that's not what I wanna see.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
skywalker33

Post#30 » by skywalker33 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:13 pm

Maf wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

It was more like saying I was so high on Nuggets after hot start that I thought of them as "very likely" to win division, go for like 60 wins. Nuggets are still in great position to make PO and that is probably their goal. So that back to reality was fans like me who had big eyes (don't know if that phrase is in English too. Means expecting bigger things). And to be honest, I don't care about IT anymore. I muse say I don't really want him, now. Morris plays sooooo GOOOOOD! Love this man. Like 8 to 1 As/To ratio? Gimme that! And I am afraid when IT returns he steals MM minutes and that's not what I wanna see.

Have to agree this losing streak is sobering but 3 out of those 4 loses were against strong team and we should have won against the Grizz. BKN was the disturbing game, it was at home and against an inferior team. Don't know what happened to Harris, he just didn't show up.

I have my own apprehension with IT but he should bring some explosive firepower off the bench which should wins us a few games. Love Morris too, but he is still young and learning, be's part of our future, IT looks like he could be a confidence stabilizer. I could also see IT being traded for a draft pick or player asset, perhaps that's just my wishful thinking.

Popovich
Pro Prospect
And1: 293

Post#31 » by Popovich » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:54 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Popovich wrote:And why Denver has LGBT jerseys LOL!!

Pretty homophobic statement, and a bit ignorant once again.

Popovich - a little class please, keep your crudeness elsewhere, it will not be tolerated on the Nuggets' board.

OK I got it. I will try to avoid homophobic statements in the future.

However let me express my own opinion. It is crazy how much LGBT community is protected , it is a world wide agenda but it is specially severe in USA. My logic is simple , if true democracy is in place and if LGBT is allowed to promote it's "values" so freely and aggressively, then people who do not support and share similar ideas and "values" should be allowed to express their own disagreement, specially if it is not threatening or offending. However it seems that any word said regarding LGBT, which is not in direct support to LGBT community is by default found as an offensive one. This is quite irritating for the straight people who are BTW in great majority. People are being forced to accept this unnatural phenomenon. It is OK that minorities have rights, but this is going too far. What about the rights of majority, c'mon we all live in democracy right?

By the way this is not off topic , take a look on what happened to Nikola Jokic >>> https://sports.yahoo.com/nuggets-star-nikola-jokic-fined-223441909.html?guccounter=1

Jokic received penalty for this. I have received and accepted warning from moderator here for something that was a bad and ignorant comment, wasn't that homophobic after all. I just hope I will not be banned or condemned here just because I do not support LGBT trend. I got the message I will avoid this subject in the future but I am not gonna apologize to anyone because I don't like and do not support LGBT movement. One more thing, just to be clear, I only represent my own opinion, I do not speak in front of my nation, my region or even world's straight majority.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:03 pm

Popovich wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Pretty homophobic statement, and a bit ignorant once again.

OK I got it. I will try to avoid homophobic statements in the future.

However let me express my own opinion. It is crazy how much LGBT community is protected , it is a world wide agenda but it is specially severe in USA. My logic is simple , if true democracy is in place and if LGBT is allowed to promote it's "values" so freely and aggressively, then people who do not support and share similar ideas and "values" should be allowed to express their own disagreement, specially if it is not threatening or offending. However it seems that any word said regarding LGBT, which is not in direct support to LGBT community is by default found as an offensive one. This is quite irritating for the straight people who are BTW in great majority. People are being forced to accept this unnatural phenomenon. It is OK that minorities have rights, but this is going too far. What about the rights of majority, c'mon we all live in democracy right?

By the way this is not off topic , take a look what happened to Nikola Jokic >>> https://sports.yahoo.com/nuggets-star-nikola-jokic-fined-223441909.html?guccounter=1

Jokic received penalty for this. I have received and accepted warning from moderator here for something that was a bad and ignorant comment, wasn't that homophobic after all. I just hope I will not be banned or condemned here just because I do not support LGBT trend. I got the message I will avoid this subject in the future but I am not gonna apologize to anyone because I don't like and do not support LGBT movement. One more thing, just to be clear, I only represent my own opinion, I do not speak in front of my nation, my region or even world's straight majority.

I will never disagree with you regarding the current culture but making those statements is just not something we're supposed to be doing on RealGM or so it seems.

If you look through our boards, I will frequently warn someone publicly and finish the warning with something like "there will be no further warnings" (of course some warnings are private). You will notice that I did not make that inclusion on your warning. We're just not fans of inflammatory statements on this board. Your attitude through this is appreciated!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#33 » by The Rebel » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:02 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Maf wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Poor attempt to diminish where the Nuggets are at considering a healthy IT should be joining the rotation and Barton looks to be back in Dec too.

Have to agree this losing streak is sobering but 3 out of those 4 loses were against strong team and we should have won against the Grizz. BKN was the disturbing game, it was at home and against an inferior team. Don't know what happened to Harris, he just didn't show up.

I have my own apprehension with IT but he should bring some explosive firepower off the bench which should wins us a few games. Love Morris too, but he is still young and learning, be's part of our future, IT looks like he could be a confidence stabilizer. I could also see IT being traded for a draft pick or player asset, perhaps that's just my wishful thinking.

I don't think we were as bad as we looked these last 4 games nor did I think we were as good as we looked the 1st 10 games. young teams are inconsistent, the 1st 10 was our ceiling and the last 4 is our floor, the question is where do we fit as an average.

To me this slide started when Jokic made what he thought was an innocent joke that got out and caused him to be fined, he has not seemed the same since. Murray seems almost scared to shoot 3s right now, Harris seems to be trying to hard, Millsap just does not have the iso game he thinks he has, and the rest are just not ready to pick up the slack outside of Morris who has been everything we all hoped for.

I actually do not think Thomas is the answer, I think Jokic is. He has to start having fun again to regain his focus and start playing like he did the 1st week of the season, everything else will work itself out. The last few games he has not been smiling and just seems off.

Return to Denver Nuggets