ImageImageImage

So, who wins ??

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

So, who wins ?? 

Post#1 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 12:56 am

With his 39pt explosion, The Joker has increased his scoring average to 18.8ppg while Murray's 8pt dropped him down to 18.2ppg. Who wins the Nuggets 2018-2019 scoring title ??

Murray has that BIG game capability, wouldn't be surprised to see him hit a 60pt game before the season is over but he'll come back with a single-digit game as well. Jokic doesn't have those big scoring nights, but he is much more consistent, A fun little race, would love to see both of them get over the 20ppg mark but how do you see it ending up ??
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: So, who wins ?? 

Post#2 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Jan 7, 2019 1:22 am

My crystal ball is cracked but it shows them both at 19.3 ppg with Murray winning at the third decimal point.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#3 » by THE J0KER » Mon Jan 7, 2019 2:18 am

Jokic most probably, Murray is so close right now because of Jokic weird playing time in October and November.

Before DEC1: .Jokic 29.4mpg - 16.4ppg ... J.Murray 33.8mpg - 17.1ppg
Since DEC1: N.Jokic 33.8mpg - 22.3ppg ... J.Murray 35.5mpg - 20.5ppg

But next season I expecting from Murray to be much more consistent than this season, and I give him better chances for 2019-20.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,167

Post#4 » by Mickey8 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 2:18 am

Jokic could score 20 plus points per game with an ease every season , but he needs to stop being so team orientated and look for his own shots , he's the most versatile and efficient scorer on the team.
skywalker33

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 2:49 am

Mickey8 wrote:Jokic could score 20 plus points per game with an ease every season , but he needs to stop being so team orientated and look for his own shots , he's the most versatile and efficient scorer on the team.

Again, shows you aren't a Nuggets fan, just a Jokic fan....the underlined shows you don't realize that's what makes him so good, he makes eveyone around him better !! :banghead:

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#6 » by THE J0KER » Mon Jan 7, 2019 2:59 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:Jokic could score 20 plus points per game with an ease every season , but he needs to stop being so team orientated and look for his own shots , he's the most versatile and efficient scorer on the team.

Again, shows you aren't a Nuggets fan, just a Jokic fan....the underlined shows you don't realize that's what makes him so good, he makes eveyone around him better !! :banghead:
I think that this red colored sentence more speaks about (correct) Mickey8 point why Jokic really should be *more selfish*... for a team sake!
skywalker33

Post#7 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 4:02 am

THE J0KER wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

I think that this red colored sentence more speaks about (correct) Mickey8 point why Jokic really should be *more selfish*... for a team sake!

Hate to break it to you Euro's, but looking over the past playoff dynasties, it's TEAM play that has usually won championships, not INDIVIDUAL stat padders. GSW, SA, BOS all teams that won multiple championships with team-oriented play, not one player taking over.

I guess we'll just have to disagree, I'd much rather see this team win (or lose) together as a team rather than try to make Jokic the work-horse, which really is not in his nature. I'd hate to see his talent for making other players better be thrown away like that. And in what world has he been "held back" from taking as many shots as he wants, as I say team-oriented seems to be his choice.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Jan 7, 2019 12:48 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again;
the more Jokic shoots, the easier it will be for him to get assists because other teams will have to start doubling him and that will help the team. If he shoots more, they'll stop playing him to pass which results in more assists (so I'd like to see him shoot more).

On the other hand, the more assists Jokic gets, the more he'll be open for shooting and then he should shoot more.

Which comes first? I just don't care. All I want to see the Nuggets setup on offense with Jokic around the top of the key and watch other players run the baseline and cut to the basket instead of standing still waiting for Jokic to do something spectacular. Movement will result in everyone else getting lots of points. Jokic would love to watch everyone else stuff their stats and everyone would love watching the Nuggets stuff the wins column and score 120-130 points or more in every game. I truly believe that is possible.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#9 » by THE J0KER » Mon Jan 7, 2019 1:31 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Hate to break it to you Euro's, but looking over the past playoff dynasties, it's TEAM play that has usually won championships, not INDIVIDUAL stat padders. GSW, SA, BOS all teams that won multiple championships with team-oriented play, not one player taking over.

I guess we'll just have to disagree, I'd much rather see this team win (or lose) together as a team rather than try to make Jokic the work-horse, which really is not in his nature. I'd hate to see his talent for making other players better be thrown away like that. And in what world has he been "held back" from taking as many shots as he wants, as I say team-oriented seems to be his choice.

But in reality, more minutes and more Jokic involved in everything in Denver games, Denver as the team performing better. There are just a few other elite players you can say the same (LeBron, Harden, Curry, Giannis...). Also, Jokic playing more aggressively makes him easier to make assists, otherwise opponent is much more focused on his passes with more intercepted and interrupted.
skywalker33

Post#10 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 4:12 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:I think that this red colored sentence more speaks about (correct) Mickey8 point why Jokic really should be *more selfish*... for a team sake!

But in reality, more minutes and more Jokic involved in everything in Denver games, Denver as the team performing better. There are just a few other elite players you can say the same (LeBron, Harden, Curry, Giannis...). Also, Jokic playing more aggressively makes him easier to make assists, otherwise opponent is much more focused on his passes with more intercepted and interrupted.

We can agree upon that,that to me is team basketball. But what Mickey8 was suggesting (at least as I read it) was Jokic looking for his shot to average more points and stop looking to pass to the players around him. I don't think that's the type of player Joker is or what's best for the for the team and the teams success.

As for the original OP question. I see Jokic leading the team in scoring this year, but can easily see Murray leading it in the future once he becomes more consistent.

Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Mickey8 » Wed Jan 9, 2019 3:20 pm

Its not about being Denver or Jokic fan ,its shame for talented offensive player to waste his talent, he can be both scorer and facilitator that's when Denver is most dangerous team. This stretch of the season just proving my point, he can be easily 20+ point per game scorer and Denver is wining.
skywalker33

Post#12 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jan 9, 2019 7:33 pm

Mickey8 wrote:Its not about being Denver or Jokic fan ,its shame for talented offensive player to waste his talent, he can be both scorer and facilitator that's when Denver is most dangerous team. This stretch of the season just proving my point, he can be easily 20+ point per game scorer and Denver is wining.

Agree with you but your earlier post said he should be less team-oriented (selfish) and that doesn’t have to happen, as seen by what’s going on now. Jokic is letting the game (and his points) flow within the game, doesn’t seem like Jokics talents are getting wasted being 1st in the Western Conf

Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Mickey8 » Wed Jan 9, 2019 10:04 pm

I was thinking about part of the season when he would take less than 4,5 shot which was obscene occurrence, that should never happen with him.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jan 9, 2019 11:26 pm

Mickey8 wrote:I was thinking about part of the season when he would take less than 4,5 shot which was obscene occurrence, that should never happen with him.

It seems that happens when Jokic feels like it. I'm not blaming that on anyone else. You can watch him and he doesn't even look at the basket sometimes.
skywalker33

Post#15 » by skywalker33 » Wed Jan 9, 2019 11:49 pm

Mickey8 wrote:I was thinking about part of the season when he would take less than 4,5 shot which was obscene occurrence, that should never happen with him.

Malone has given Jokic a green light to shoot, who do you think is hold Jokic back ??

Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Mickey8 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:08 am

I don't know , sometimes he gets rattled when his teammates play selfishly .
skywalker33

Post#17 » by skywalker33 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:12 am

Mickey8 wrote:I don't know , sometimes he gets rattled when his teammates play selfishly .

:banghead: :banghead: Yeah, that happens every game Jokic doesn't score, right ??? If you want to be taken for anything more than a Jokic-groupie, at least come up with better (and more realistic) responses :crazy:

Return to Denver Nuggets