ImageImageImage

Jokic conditioning

Moderator: THE J0KER

Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,576

Jokic conditioning 

Post#1 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Wed Jan 9, 2019 8:55 am

Dear all, I have a question about Jokic because more likely you're following him much more closely than myself.
What's the word around about his discipline and willingness of taking care of his body?
In my view it's clear that the guy is limited by his conditioning. He's very good at pacing himself and preserve energy, but still his effort on defense and minutes and up being limited because of it.

Bonus question, what happened with his shooting? In his breakout year he was insanely efficient from everywhere within 2 point distance, but his midrange got worse and worse in terms of %.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using RealGM mobile app
Слава Украине!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Jokic conditioning 

Post#2 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Jan 9, 2019 9:41 am

Ryoga Hibiki wrote:Dear all, I have a question about Jokic because more likely you're following him much more closely than myself.
What's the word around about his discipline and willingness of taking care of his body?
In my view it's clear that the guy is limited by his conditioning. He's very good at pacing himself and preserve energy, but still his effort on defense and minutes and up being limited because of it.

Bonus question, what happened with his shooting? In his breakout year he was insanely efficient from everywhere within 2 point distance, but his midrange got worse and worse in terms of %.

Thanks for stopping by. This has been addressed in other posts on the General Board as well as here. Jokic's game is not based on athleticism and speed; so his conditioning seems just fine. In the game against Miami, he played 40 minutes and looked tired for that very long 4th quarter where he played most of the quarter, yet he was very effective. As I've pointed out elsewhere, the very famous Round Mound of Rebound was always accused of being out of shape, yet he was also effective.

Since we don't really need another Jokic thread; I'm locking this one right away.

Return to Denver Nuggets