ImageImageImage

Tim Connelly speaks

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Tim Connelly speaks 

Post#1 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:46 am

More of a review of the journey but does have a little perspective of how the players got here, worth a listen.

https://www.denverstiffs.com/2019/1/18/18188554/president-of-basketball-operations-tim-connelly-on-building-the-denver-nuggets

I will add TC know how to say a lot without overplaying his hand.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Re: Tim Connelly speaks 

Post#2 » by Maf » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:46 pm

Thanks Sky. Enjoyed every minute of this.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Tim Connelly speaks 

Post#3 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:37 pm

I don't listen to many podcasts but this one was worth it!

I enjoyed the discussion about Harris .
The discussion about Jokic was great too. It continued until around 19:00 so the timestamps don't match-up to the podcast from here on out. (Or am I wrong about the timestamps? Maybe their timestamps were added before they added the commercials?)

Hernangomez talk started around 19:00. It was interesting and focused on evaluating players.
Murray talk began around 22:15. This whole segment was less impressive to me but I loved his description of Murray around 24:00.

Beasley around 26:00 and a little talk about why he dropped (his injury) and why they gambled on him. Discussion included a little about Beasley's shooting.

Millsap around 29:10. Nothing suprising but quite well said.

Morris around 31:15 - admitted his breakout was a surprise. He said players all over the NBA new him even when he was in the G-League. Suggested he could be a head coach (or mayor).

Vanderbilt around 33:55 - said he was different in that he would do the dirty work and not be a high scorer but can be a playmaker/ball handler and defend 3 or 4 (maybe 5) positions. Said he has a great work ethic.

Welsh talk started around 38:10. Discussed his playing style and personality. Did not answer the obvious question: what position? But sounded like a stretch-5, maybe PF --- similar to Jokic & Plumlee but different for sure.

Porter at 40:10 and interesting but nothing surprising. We've heard about his surprising drop in the draft and how the Nuggets wanted to draft him, so ... it happened.

Disappointed that they avoided discussing the acquisition of Lyles & Lydon. Of course they also avoided discussing Plumlee & Craig & Barton. Would have been nice to hear an update on Cancar.

Return to Denver Nuggets