Moderators: THE J0KER, NuggetsWY

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 4,017

Re: 2019 Off-Season Questions 

Post#541 » by THE J0KER » Fri Aug 9, 2019 5:44 pm

Coeur wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:Question of the Week: Who will be the third scorer in 2019-20 behind Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray?

Interesting poll results (over 700 DEN fans vote) of this question. Not surprised Harris won, but I didn't expect an overwhelming 60% win, with Millsap takes only 2% of votes. I voted for Grant, despite I know Harris have the best chances. Good season from Grant or Porter (or both) would be the best thing for Denver.

This sure shows the reality. Gary Harris is the third scorer. Not having a 3rd scorer was the weakness in the playoffs.

Obviously Malik Beasley needs more minutes but he’s prob the 3rd best offensive player.

Personally, Gary Harris (offensively) was my biggest disappointment last season. In 24th I expected at least to stay good as from previous season, but he dropped from 17.5 to 13 with TS% drops from 60% to 53%. He was better during a playoff, but Millsap was still clearly our 3rd best player. I know it is connected with his injuries, and he missed almost 1/3 games of the regular season, but the level of the drop was shocking and unexpected.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 3,380

Post#542 » by skywalker33 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 9:24 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
Coeur wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:Question of the Week: Who will be the third scorer in 2019-20 behind Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray?

Interesting poll results (over 700 DEN fans vote) of this question. Not surprised Harris won, but I didn't expect an overwhelming 60% win, with Millsap takes only 2% of votes. I voted for Grant, despite I know Harris have the best chances. Good season from Grant or Porter (or both) would be the best thing for Denver.

This sure shows the reality. Gary Harris is the third scorer. Not having a 3rd scorer was the weakness in the playoffs.

Obviously Malik Beasley needs more minutes but he’s prob the 3rd best offensive player.

Personally, Gary Harris (offensively) was my biggest disappointment last season. In 24th I expected at least to stay good as from previous season, but he dropped from 17.5 to 13 with TS% drops from 60% to 53%. He was better during a playoff, but Millsap was still clearly our 3rd best player. I know it is connected with his injuries, and he missed almost 1/3 games of the regular season, but the level of the drop was shocking and unexpected.

You DO realize your disappointment came in the form of an injury to GHarris.....perhaps you get some adulation this year upon his recovery
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#543 » by THE J0KER » Fri Aug 9, 2019 10:35 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:
Coeur wrote:This sure shows the reality. Gary Harris is the third scorer. Not having a 3rd scorer was the weakness in the playoffs.

You DO realize your disappointment came in the form of an injury to GHarris.....perhaps you get some adulation this year upon his recovery
I know, and I mentioned, but as I already say, the level of decline is so shocking. From player which previous season averaged over 17, Harris since December become player which literally didn't score more than 15 points in two back-to-back games. He missed the same number of games in 2016-17 and also mostly in the 1st half of the season, but his TS% that season was 61%, 3pt% 42%, while last season it dropped to 53% and 34%. Shocking.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 3,380

Post#544 » by skywalker33 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:48 am

THE J0KER wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:Personally, Gary Harris (offensively) was my biggest disappointment last season. In 24th I expected at least to stay good as from previous season, but he dropped from 17.5 to 13 with TS% drops from 60% to 53%. He was better during a playoff, but Millsap was still clearly our 3rd best player. I know it is connected with his injuries, and he missed almost 1/3 games of the regular season, but the level of the drop was shocking and unexpected.

I know, and I mentioned, but as I already say, the level of decline is so shocking. From player which previous season averaged over 17, Harris since December become player which literally didn't score more than 15 points in two back-to-back games. He missed the same number of games in 2016-17 and also mostly in the 1st half of the season, but his TS% that season was 61%, 3pt% 42%, while last season it dropped to 53% and 34%. Shocking.

There was obvious more implications you’re not encompassing here. The development of Murray and his chemistry with Joker replaces/altered his role in the offense. I also think Malik steppin’ up reduced Harris’ role.

In the long run, I do attribute most of the drop off to the injury though
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
ProcessDoctor
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,824

Post#545 » by ProcessDoctor » Yesterday 9:26 pm

Sixers fan in peace.

Are you guys surprised you haven’t gone after Blake Griffin? He seems like the ideal star to get and pair with your young core. Something like Millsap + picks...
2019-2020 Philadelphia 76ers:

Simmons/Burke/Neto/Milton
Richardson/Smith/Korkmaz
Harris/Ennis/Thybulle
Horford/Scott/Bolden
Embiid/O’Quinn
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 2,678

Post#546 » by NuggetsWY » Yesterday 10:09 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:Sixers fan in peace.

Are you guys surprised you haven’t gone after Blake Griffin? He seems like the ideal star to get and pair with your young core. Something like Millsap + picks...

Lots of players that people want the Nuggets to go after but most of them don't make sense. This Nuggets fan isn't surprised we haven't gone after Griffin. For two reasons:

#1 Jokic needs the ball in his hands in order to be effective.
Griffin needs the ball in his hands in order to be effective.
Murray & probably Porter are pretty good with the ball in their hands.

#2 Griffin is a PF and we already have Millsap + Grant + Vanderbilt + Cancar + Bol + Plumlee + Hernangomez + Porter. Some of those are better than others and some will play other positions, but even trading one or two of our PFs for Griffin ... PF is still overcrowded.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#547 » by THE J0KER » Yesterday 11:59 pm

Griffin was one of the biggest trade target subjects on this board this summer before Nuggets decided to use $30M Paul Millsap team option and get PF Jeramy Grant from OKC via trade. To be honest, my biggest concern about Blake Griffin and another for trade available PF big-name Kevin Love is their well-known health issues. If they have these problems during their prime years, it is highly risky to ignore these issues now when they are 30+ veterans.
ProcessDoctor
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,824

Post#548 » by ProcessDoctor » Today 12:43 am

NuggetsWY wrote:

Lots of players that people want the Nuggets to go after but most of them don't make sense. This Nuggets fan isn't surprised we haven't gone after Griffin. For two reasons:

#2 Griffin is a PF and we already have Millsap + Grant + Vanderbilt + Cancar + Bol + Plumlee + Hernangomez + Porter. Some of those are better than others and some will play other positions, but even trading one or two of our PFs for Griffin ... PF is still overcrowded.

Good insight, thanks. I figured with Millsap being older and an expiring he’d be a trade chip along with a couple other pieces. Either way I think you guys are set for a great season. Just seems like you have the opportunity to pair Jokic with another top 25 player.
2019-2020 Philadelphia 76ers:

Simmons/Burke/Neto/Milton
Richardson/Smith/Korkmaz
Harris/Ennis/Thybulle
Horford/Scott/Bolden
Embiid/O’Quinn
Coeur
Veteran
And1: 433

Post#549 » by Coeur » Today 5:55 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

Good insight, thanks. I figured with Millsap being older and an expiring he’d be a trade chip along with a couple other pieces. Either way I think you guys are set for a great season. Just seems like you have the opportunity to pair Jokic with another top 25 player.

Without a doubt the Nugs are in a perfect position and really need to make a trade like that. And the clear missing piece was not having another big time scorer from one of the forward spots in the playoffs.

Griffin would fit really well. I like Aaron Gordon best for the Nugs. A lot of Nugs fans want to try to stay put with 11 guys that think they’re starters for one more great regular season and then I guess let 3-4 guys walk in free agency. Anyone looking ahead sees this year as a must make a consolation trade to maximize all the value on the roster
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,350

Post#550 » by The Rebel » Today 3:08 pm

Coeur wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Lots of players that people want the Nuggets to go after but most of them don't make sense. This Nuggets fan isn't surprised we haven't gone after Griffin. For two reasons:

Without a doubt the Nugs are in a perfect position and really need to make a trade like that. And the clear missing piece was not having another big time scorer from one of the forward spots in the playoffs.

Griffin would fit really well. I like Aaron Gordon best for the Nugs. A lot of Nugs fans want to try to stay put with 11 guys that think they’re starters for one more great regular season and then I guess let 3-4 guys walk in free agency. Anyone looking ahead sees this year as a must make a consolation trade to maximize all the value on the roster

How would Griffin be a really good fit?

Return to Denver Nuggets