ImageImageImage

Sign Carmelo

Moderator: THE J0KER

Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Sign Carmelo 

Post#1 » by Coeur » Wed Mar 6, 2019 9:22 pm

As a 30+ year nugs fan I love where the team is at. I wish they’d give Carmelo another try and have him the next 2-3 years
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Re: Sign Carmelo 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Wed Mar 6, 2019 9:45 pm

Coeur wrote:As a 30+ year nugs fan I love where the team is at. I wish they’d give Carmelo another try and have him the next 2-3 years

As a 45+ year Nuggets fan, HELL NO !! He's a black hole who would take touches away from Jokic, plays zero defense and can't guard anyone, let the Lakers have him !!
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#3 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Mar 6, 2019 10:43 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Coeur wrote:As a 30+ year nugs fan I love where the team is at. I wish they’d give Carmelo another try and have him the next 2-3 years

As a 45+ year Nuggets fan, HELL NO !! He's a black hole who would take touches away from Jokic, plays zero defense and can't guard anyone, let the Lakers have him !!

I'll add my 50 years of following the Rockets/Nuggets and say HELL NO !! He's about the worst fit possible for the Nuggets. If they only played Anthony with Thomas & Barton and never with Jokic, the offense might work but that way but defense with those three would allow so many points scored it would look worse than an NBA All-Star Game.
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,327

Post#4 » by DaFan334 » Wed Mar 6, 2019 11:01 pm

Ill bust out my pitchfork to agree with the last two! That is probably the worst possible idea for this team at this point in time. Is Coeur actually Melo trying to get any team to bite?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#5 » by The Rebel » Wed Mar 6, 2019 11:29 pm

I wonder if you put Melo, Barton, and Thomas all on the court together what would happen? How long does it take for the 3 of them to end up in a brawl with each other? Can you imagine the quotes after the games? I give it 2 games of talking to the media and by the 3rd game they are stealing the ball from each other and fighting over rebounds. So by game 4 I think the blows start raining. Maybe if we are set in our position the last 4 games of the season we could give it a shot?
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Mar 7, 2019 12:08 am

The Rebel wrote:I wonder if you put Melo, Barton, and Thomas all on the court together what would happen? How long does it take for the 3 of them to end up in a brawl with each other? Can you imagine the quotes after the games? I give it 2 games of talking to the media and by the 3rd game they are stealing the ball from each other and fighting over rebounds. So by game 4 I think the blows start raining. Maybe if we are set in our position the last 4 games of the season we could give it a shot?

Hey, you've persuaded me. Let's sign Melo and do just that. It just might cause our front office to get rid of all three. :rockon:
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#7 » by Powder Blue » Thu Mar 7, 2019 8:21 pm

Melo was a great Denver Nugget...key word in that statement is WAS
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Mar 7, 2019 9:40 pm

Powder Blue wrote:Melo was a great Denver Nugget...key word in that statement is WAS

Bring him back - as a "Scoring Coach" like Price is a shooting coach. Anthony can not only shoot, but he can score. He's a quite remarkable scorer actually and I have no doubt that IF he can teach, he'd be a valuable assistant coach.

Return to Denver Nuggets