ImageImageImage

Game 65: Denver Nuggets (43-21) @ Golden State Warriors (44-20) - 10:30 PM ET

Moderator: THE J0KER

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Re: Game 65: Denver Nuggets (43-21) @ Golden State Warriors (44-20) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#21 » by THE J0KER » Sat Mar 9, 2019 7:05 am

mtylerjr wrote:The Celtics crushed the warriors. The rockets also - without Harden. And they (the warriors) lost 5 of their previous 8 games. And yet they looked like they were just toying with the Nuggets, only really trying when they had to.
This Warriors team is the best NBA team ever, and if they lose some regular season's game badly it is not because the opponent was better, but because they didn't care.

Many things tonight are enough unacceptable in Nuggets game, so no need to make them look worse with untruth conclusion that we lose vs bad team. We should be thankful to GSW superteam for playing a playoff-like game tonight because they exposed all our main weaknesses, especially current toxic Barton/Thomas impact on the team.
oligo
Sophomore
And1: 59

Re: Game 65: Denver Nuggets (43-21) @ Golden State Warriors (44-20) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#22 » by oligo » Sat Mar 9, 2019 8:42 am

Warriors were simply on another level - process that.
#FireVlade
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#23 » by The Rebel » Sat Mar 9, 2019 2:37 pm

Read on Twitter

sure sounds like Malone is hitting a few guys with the bus here, although I still have a hard time blaming Murray unless Malone expects him to physically walk up and take the ball out of Barton's hands. 2-11 with 3 turnovers and team worse -30 yet he still got the 3rd most minutes and will likely get 35 in the next game.

Thomas got 3 assists last night, so he tripled his season total, so I guess that is some improvement.

The 4 guard lineup blows leads against bad teams, why the **** would Malone think it would work against the Warriors?

At this point there is no excuse to continue to play Barton and Thomas, if they insist on playing hero ball than they need to sit their asses down.

Harris did very well guarding Curry, I would bitch about his lack of shots but Millsap, barton, and Thomas weren't passing to anybody, and the WArriors were just double and triple teaming Jokic daring those guys to shoot it. Beasley and Juancho would have been nice, at least the Warriors have to respect their shots.

Why is it that Malone only seems to be able to coach when we have a depleted roster?
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#24 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Mar 9, 2019 3:06 pm

SkillzFromThe6 wrote:Who is guarding Klay Thompson? I keep seeing someone other than Gary guard him, but I haven't been paying too much attention to who is.

The Nuggets switch on most picks, I don't mind that. Compare it to the Warriors who also switch on most picks. The difference is that the Warriors find a way to switch back or at least switch with someone else to minimize poor matchups. Watching Jokic try to cover Curry or Thompson at the 3pt line is very sad.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#25 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Mar 9, 2019 3:23 pm

Consistently inconsistent - the Nuggets' year in a summary, especially the second half of the year. The last few games we've been complaining about the bench losing games and tonight they actually played half-way decent and the starters should be embarrassed by their game.

WY Grades: Scale of 1-10
Jokic 5 - He didn't even look at the basket on many occasions when he was open. He only took 10 shots - he hurts the team when he does that. If he takes more shots, he'll see more double-teams and others will then get better shots. "Unselfish" can be carried too far. Worse, he wasn't getting boards or assists - not at "Jokic level".
Millsap 4 - Not many boards, not many points but some nice defense - very few minutes.
Barton 4 - Scoring? Terrible! Offense? Not much help and 3 TOs with ZERO assists - but at least he had 9 boards. Watching him try to cover Durrant was horrendous, but then again, Durrant is almost impossible to stop. I'll give Barton a little credit for trying to stop him - which he seemed to work at.
Harris 2 - I'd give him a lower score based on his non-existent offense except his defense was marginally good (definitely not adequate though). I still wonder if he's even close to 100%.
Murray 2 - Poor offense, some effort on defense but not very effective.

Plumlee 6 - Not much offense but 12 rebounds and some decent defense, maybe he should be even a 7.
Craig 7 - Some nice defense on Durrant, a little offense plus 9 rebounds.
Beasley 7 - Very nice offense (only one two-point shot) and some decent defense.
Morris 7 - Very nice offense with 6 assists to 1 turnover and some decent defense.
Thomas 1 - Did you see his good defensive play? Me neither, I'd give him a zero but he had 3 assists.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,167

Post#26 » by Mickey8 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 3:44 pm

Barton is a trash who single handily have killed whole Denver's chemistry with his selfishness .
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#27 » by The Rebel » Sat Mar 9, 2019 4:31 pm

Can anybody explain to me why Thomas and Barton are being fed minutes while obviously hurting the team, while Juancho sits and loses what confidence he had left? Especially against the Warriors where Juancho has always played well? I know Juancho has struggled since he got injured, but even playing injured he was not nearly the detriment to the team that those 2 have been. Fact is if Juancho was allowed to shoot himself out of his slump like those 2 than I think we have a very good contributor to the team that actually fits what the rest of the team is trying to do.

Return to Denver Nuggets