Game 70: Denver Nuggets (47-22) @ Washngton Wizards (30-42) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:00 pm

Read on Twitter
SkillzFromThe6
Junior
And1: 355

Re: Game 70: Denver Nuggets (47-22) @ Washngton Wizards (30-42) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by SkillzFromThe6 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:27 am

Torrey Craig. Again. And Again. And AGAIN!
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#3 » by skywalker33 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:35 am

Game was closer than it should have been, we played down to the level of our competition.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#4 » by THE J0KER » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:50 am

Statistically, this game will be remembered for one probably never before happens bizarre achievements in NBA history that in some game 5 players are tied as teams leading scorer (Jokic, Millsap, Murray, Harris, and Craig - all scored 15 points)!? Barton, Beasley, and Morris are also in double digits, and considering Plumlee has game-high 11 rebounds we can say all 9 Nuggets players which played today are in double digits, which is also a rare achievement.

Jokic played a lazy, low energy game on both ends, but thanks to the fact that he played 35 minutes, his overall 15-6-11 numbers are decent (except for just 3 defensive rebounds which are really bad for his standards). Harris played great 1st half, very involved in everything, but for some reason, he just disappeared in 2nd, while Murray case was opposite, he was much better in the 2nd half, so once again after ASG Millsap was our best player after Jokic. But overall speaking, today our bench stole the show, all 4 guys are equally good, with impressive shooting 16-28(FG) 7-13(3pt) and much more passionate defense than starters, so +/- column for all our backups players today are between 15-20! Our starters are actually not so bad but they played pathetic 5 minutes in the middle of the 3rd where Washington made 25-5 run, and game destined to be a routine win vs lottery team from +14 lead suddenly turned into a thriller.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#5 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:59 am

A very uninspiring game - here's the game call if you are watching at high speed:

The Nuggets look sluggish and apathetic.
The Nuggets have decided they want to win.
The Nuggets seem to feel they have enough of a lead that they can relax.
The Wizards have taken control with a double digit lead.
The Nuggets have decided they need to make an effort and they've taken a lead.
The Nuggets look like they aren't really trying and the Wizards are making a comeback.
The Nuggets have decided to try again (but not for long, so the Wizards take a small lead).
The Nuggets sorta' fight back and barely squeak out a win.
manchambo
Starter
And1: 836

Re: Game 70: Denver Nuggets (47-22) @ Washngton Wizards (30-42) - 7:00 PM 

Post#6 » by manchambo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:34 am

Good lord this is a negative fan base. The team is competing for the top seed, zeroing in on 55+ wins, consistently winning on a long, difficult road trip, and folks are complaining.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#7 » by psimanic1 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:59 am

Guys, we have NYK on a B2B, of you can win without efforts one of fhose game, you do so..
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:24 pm

manchambo wrote:Good lord this is a negative fan base. The team is competing for the top seed, zeroing in on 55+ wins, consistently winning on a long, difficult road trip, and folks are complaining.

:lol: Here's the problem, if you develop bad habits of inconsistent play throughout the regular season, which the Nuggets tend to do, it could develop into losing games in the post-season where the competition level is more intense. A young team needs to play more consistent; more experienced teams can perhaps "turn it on" when the post-season comes.
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#9 » by Maf » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:13 pm

Man of the Game- Torey Craig.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
manchambo
Starter

Post#10 » by manchambo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:14 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
manchambo wrote:Good lord this is a negative fan base. The team is competing for the top seed, zeroing in on 55+ wins, consistently winning on a long, difficult road trip, and folks are complaining.

:lol: Here's the problem, if you develop bad habits of inconsistent play throughout the regular season, which the Nuggets tend to do, it could develop into losing games in the post-season where the competition level is more intense. A young team needs to play more consistent; more experienced teams can perhaps "turn it on" when the post-season comes.

I disagree. All teams face fatigue and up and down effort on arduous late season road trips. The sign of good/great teams is when they usually win games despite those issues.
skywalker33

Post#11 » by skywalker33 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:27 pm

manchambo wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

I disagree. All teams face fatigue and up and down effort on arduous late season road trips. The sign of good/great teams is when they usually win games despite those issues.

I concur that late season road trips tend to wear teams down, and this is showing with the Nuggets as we have a lot of road games towards the end of the season. However, WAS is a team that has lost it's starting All-Star PG, it's starting C and is looking for the lottery. Yet the Nuggets, at full strength seemed to struggle the entire game. That's not indicative of what we have seen rom this team all year, very patternistic of last year's team.

So for you to come over and be all judgy with the entire fanbase, seems like you are talking out of the side of your arse. If you were here all season, MAYBE you'd have some credibility but that's not the case is it ???

Just curious, what team are you a true fan of cuz I guarantee it isn't the Nuggets !! ??

manchambo
Starter

Post#12 » by manchambo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:51 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
manchambo wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote: :lol: Here's the problem, if you develop bad habits of inconsistent play throughout the regular season, which the Nuggets tend to do, it could develop into losing games in the post-season where the competition level is more intense. A young team needs to play more consistent; more experienced teams can perhaps "turn it on" when the post-season comes.

I concur that late season road trips tend to wear teams down, and this is showing with the Nuggets as we have a lot of road games towards the end of the season. However, WAS is a team that has lost it's starting All-Star PG, it's starting C and is looking for the lottery. Yet the Nuggets, at full strength seemed to struggle the entire game. That's not indicative of what we have seen rom this team all year, very patternistic of last year's team.

So for you to come over and be all judgy with the entire fanbase, seems like you are talking out of the side of your arse. If you were here all season, MAYBE you'd have some credibility but that's not the case is it ???

Just curious, what team are you a true fan of cuz I guarantee it isn't the Nuggets !! ??

Really? I've been posting on this forum, albeit sporadically, for 10+ years.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:54 pm

manchambo wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

First you say we are a "negative fan base". I explained why perhaps it seems that way.

Then you take that response and turn it into "all teams face fatigue ... good/great teams ... win games despite those issues". That's a totally different issue.

As I've said on more than one thread, there is plenty of time off during the first and second rounds. As I've also said on one recent thread and several in the past, Malone plays to win every game, every quarter, every play. He does not like to "take it easy". Agree with him or not, he has made those statements since the first day they hired him and many times since.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:56 pm

manchambo wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
manchambo wrote:I disagree. All teams face fatigue and up and down effort on arduous late season road trips. The sign of good/great teams is when they usually win games despite those issues.

:roll: "Sporadically"? The word is "rarely". How would anyone have a clue which team you pull for unless they "deep dive" every one of your posts. We prefer outsiders come in with positive statements (along with negative). Outsiders that come in blasting aren't well thought of.
skywalker33

Post#15 » by skywalker33 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:37 am

manchambo wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
manchambo wrote:

Certainly don’t mean to make you feel like an outsider but to call out those wo consistently support this team on a daily basis seems a bit uncouth

manchambo
Starter

Post#16 » by manchambo » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:29 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
manchambo wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:I concur that late season road trips tend to wear teams down, and this is showing with the Nuggets as we have a lot of road games towards the end of the season. However, WAS is a team that has lost it's starting All-Star PG, it's starting C and is looking for the lottery. Yet the Nuggets, at full strength seemed to struggle the entire game. That's not indicative of what we have seen rom this team all year, very patternistic of last year's team.

:roll: "Sporadically"? The word is "rarely". How would anyone have a clue which team you pull for unless they "deep dive" every one of your posts. We prefer outsiders come in with positive statements (along with negative). Outsiders that come in blasting aren't well thought of.

Uh, I guess I’m sorry you don’t know the word sporadically?
manchambo
Starter

Post#17 » by manchambo » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:30 am

skywalker33 wrote:
manchambo wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Certainly don’t mean to make you feel like an outsider but to call out those wo consistently support this team on a daily basis seems a bit uncouth

You’re being very sensitive. I pointed out that people are being negative.
skywalker33

Post#18 » by skywalker33 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:54 am

manchambo wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
manchambo wrote:

So only your opinion matter ???? Sounds like you're the one being negative...about everyone else's opinions :lol: :lol: :lol:

manchambo
Starter

Post#19 » by manchambo » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:17 am

skywalker33 wrote:
manchambo wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

So only your opinion matter ???? Sounds like you're the one being negative...about everyone else's opinions :lol: :lol: :lol:

How did I suggest only my opinion matters? I stated an opinion that people were being overly negative about a victory. Then I stated a fact: that you’re being as sensitive about that opinion as if I I said your mom is so fat that when she heard about pie in the sky she signed up for the air force.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:23 am

This is becoming personal - let's drop it.

Return to Denver Nuggets