skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Connelly being targeted 

Post#41 » by skywalker33 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:37 pm

U hova wrote:crazy that he turned down money though

Heard he was never offered a contract by WAS
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#42 » by THE J0KER » Wed May 22, 2019 3:24 am

His first statement as new/old Denver GM is that Millsap will stay. If that means he is going to be overpaid once again, but this time unnecessary just like Barton or Plumlee (in 2017 Denver as small market lottery team which nobody wanted was forced to overpaid if want to get notable free agent), I'm already disappoint in his lack of plans and visions.
skywalker33

Post#43 » by skywalker33 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:05 am

THE J0KER wrote:His first statement as new/old Denver GM is that Millsap will stay. If that means he is going to be overpaid once again, but this time unnecessary just like Barton or Plumlee (in 2017 Denver as small market lottery team which nobody wanted was forced to overpaid if want to get notable free agent), I'm already disappoint in his lack of plans and visions.

Why would he want to show his plan to you or anyone else ??? Also, he's just reiterating/supporting what Millsap has already said and what we all expect, shows more solidarity to the team

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#44 » by THE J0KER » Wed May 22, 2019 6:03 am

skywalker33 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:His first statement as new/old Denver GM is that Millsap will stay. If that means he is going to be overpaid once again, but this time unnecessary just like Barton or Plumlee (in 2017 Denver as small market lottery team which nobody wanted was forced to overpaid if want to get notable free agent), I'm already disappoint in his lack of plans and visions.

Why would he want to show his plan to you or anyone else ??? Also, he's just reiterating/supporting what Millsap has already said and what we all expect, shows more solidarity to the team
I don't expected from him to talk about names, but about general intentions. If you look at last season playoff, the teams with biggest reason to be happy and proud was Boston and Utah. Good run, good system, young and talented team... why change anything? Houston has not have young core, but also was happy and proud (with a reason) with 2018 run and after Anthony project falls they also decided nothing to change. On other hand Toronto, Milwaukee, and Philadelphia also have good reasons to be happy with their rosters, especially after LeBron leaves East, but they decided to make key changes.

I'm afraid TC is going to follow the same wrong "don't worry, be happy" strategy as Boston and Utah this season, instead to be focused to fix biggest weakness, which is forward spot now when Millsap is already too old and Porter is still too young.

Toronto realized they stacked and deep team able to win regular season need superstar for playoff success. Philadelphia realized for real success young and supertalented roster is not enough, they need proven notable 'in prime' players. Milwaukee doesn't have one big problem but three semi-big, and they solved all three: better coach, starting center, and deeper bench.

They make all that big changes because theirs GM have clean vision what they need the most. Can you even imagine TC is going to fire coach of the year Casey after great regular season but far from impressive playoff. Can you even imagine TC which rather overpaid Plumlee to stay than confess that Nurkic deal was bad is going to leave TOP3 pick Jabari Parker from rookie contract to create space for new starting center and deeper bench. During this season Sixers trade DPOY candidate under great team-friendly contract Covington, TOP3 ROY candidate Saric, former #1 pick Fultz... etc... and all these changes just to get two EXPIRING players. Can you imagine TC doing it?
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#45 » by NuggetsWY » Wed May 22, 2019 6:06 am

skywalker33 wrote:

Millsap staying one more year is probably our best bet for winning but it will slow down development of young forwards. Millsap getting a renegotiation could make even more sense for the same reasons. Then again, as Sky said, Connelly may not be showing his plans. If the right deal can be made ...
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#46 » by THE J0KER » Wed May 22, 2019 6:51 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Millsap staying one more year is probably our best bet for winning but it will slow down development of young forwards. Millsap getting a renegotiation could make even more sense for the same reasons. Then again, as Sky said, Connelly may not be showing his plans. If the right deal can be made ...
Prime Millsap from Atlanta is perfect fit for Denver by game style. He produced 17-9-3 type of season for Hawks when they are once 60 wins team, or once EC finalists. $30M is overpaid for such numbers, but I would be OK with that. But what we really get is 13-7-2 numbers and 56 missed games in two seasons for $60M, and he is 35 old next season. Development of young players are the last thing we should worry about our forwards. This season we have to worry about quality of our SF options and that was killing us all season long. We didn't solved it, and next season together with SF spot maybe we should worry about PF spot too. Will Millsap at 35 is able to repeat at least these 13-7-2 stats? Of course I didn't forget about MPJ, but he is under-20 rookie which not played competitive basketball last 2 years. We need for next season to add a very good forward to be competitive even if Millsap stay. But if we overpaid Millsap and not dump Barton and Plumlee, how that is possible?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#47 » by The Rebel » Wed May 22, 2019 1:02 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
U hova wrote:crazy that he turned down money though

Heard he was never offered a contract by WAS

OF course that came out right after Woj came out saying that Connelly was turning them down.
skywalker33

Post#48 » by skywalker33 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:23 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

I don't expected from him to talk about names, but about general intentions. If you look at last season playoff, the teams with biggest reason to be happy and proud was Boston and Utah. Good run, good system, young and talented team... why change anything? Houston has not have young core, but also was happy and proud (with a reason) with 2018 run and after Anthony project falls they also decided nothing to change. On other hand Toronto, Milwaukee, and Philadelphia also have good reasons to be happy with their rosters, especially after LeBron leaves East, but they decided to make key changes.

I'm afraid TC is going to follow the same wrong "don't worry, be happy" strategy as Boston and Utah this season, instead to be focused to fix biggest weakness, which is forward spot now when Millsap is already too old and Porter is still too young.

Toronto realized they stacked and deep team able to win regular season need superstar for playoff success. Philadelphia realized for real success young and supertalented roster is not enough, they need proven notable 'in prime' players. Milwaukee doesn't have one big problem but three semi-big, and they solved all three: better coach, starting center, and deeper bench.

They make all that big changes because theirs GM have clean vision what they need the most. Can you even imagine TC is going to fire coach of the year Casey after great regular season but far from impressive playoff. Can you even imagine TC which rather overpaid Plumlee to stay than confess that Nurkic deal was bad is going to leave TOP3 pick Jabari Parker from rookie contract to create space for new starting center and deeper bench. During this season Sixers trade DPOY candidate under great team-friendly contract Covington, TOP3 ROY candidate Saric, former #1 pick Fultz... etc... and all these changes just to get two EXPIRING players. Can you imagine TC doing it?

Interesting that you assume Millsap is going to get paid the $30M and you're disappointed with that yet MANY of your trades have us OVERPAYING because we're a small market team, your words not mine. :roll:

And you say you're disappointed with TC's "lack of vision and plans" yet his planning and vision has gotten us a talented team that just came within a game of the WCF as one of the youngest teams in NBA history ??? Just because he hasn't blurted out everything to the public doesn't mean he doesn't have a plan or he lacks vision, just the opposite, he's just continuing his long-term plan rather than veering from his vision.

Be a malcontent because you're not in the know, at least he's not making rash decisions.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#49 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:43 pm

2nd in Executive of the Year - well-deserved!
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,786

Post#50 » by TunaFish » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:44 am

We dodged a bullet, ironically from the Washington Wizards.
Canned in Denver.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#51 » by THE J0KER » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:02 am

NuggetsWY wrote:2nd in Executive of the Year - well-deserved!

I have deep respect how during Connelly era is fast rebuilt Nuggets team using our draft picks, but to be fair, he clearly doesn't deserve to be called #2 Executive of 2019! It was obvious that Will Barton, a Denver FO big mistake from 2018 summer, is not good enough for the starting job of NBA playoff team, and even worse, he does not suit to Denver current system, and also, that Porter jr must be redshirted. So Connelly has just one job, to find decent SF starter last season, and he not even tried!? Bucks have three main problems from the previous season, coach+bench+center and their executive solved all three so Milwaukee hired Bad, sacrificed their TOP3 pick Jabari Parker, the team was one of deepest in the league last season, and they get good center Brook Lopez for the low contract. Masai Ujiri (finished #4 in this voting!?) was brave to fire COY Casey, finds a way to bring TOP5 player superstar in Toronto Kawhi and former all-star and DPOY center Gasol. Dallas near future seems dark for the upcoming post-Nowitzki era, but Don Nelson finds the way to get Doncic' pick via trade, then trade for Porzingis too, and overnight their future is bright (if they really sign Kemba or Horford this summer, they are already playoff team). Clippers managed last season to prepare everything for a perfect salary cap situation for this summer FA market, but still to be enough good to reach the playoff... etc...

Connelly best moves last season are MPJ draft, and Jokic re-sign. But MPJ still needs to be proved, and Jokic max deal was absolutely no-brainer.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#52 » by Coeur » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:09 pm

There is such amazing possibilities with this roster. The easy way out of doing nothing is prob what is done. I would hope they Atleast consider aggressive attempts at creating a title winner.

I honestly feel like the Nugs are the number 1 seed right now. But that they aren’t true title contenders if that makes any sense.

Return to Denver Nuggets