ImageImageImage

Playoffs Game 6 WCSF: Denver Nuggets (2) @ Portland Trail Blazers (3) - 10:30 PM ET

Moderator: THE J0KER

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Playoffs Game 6 WCSF: Denver Nuggets (2) @ Portland Trail Blazers (3) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Thu May 9, 2019 5:09 pm

Read on Twitter
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Re: Playoffs Game 6 WCSF: Denver Nuggets (2) @ Portland Trail Blazers (3) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#2 » by U hova » Thu May 9, 2019 9:16 pm

Am I going crazy or are the rebounding %s absurdly low? I guess it goes to show neither team can keep each other off the glass
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Playoffs Game 6 WCSF: Denver Nuggets (2) @ Portland Trail Blazers (3) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#3 » by NuggetsWY » Thu May 9, 2019 9:39 pm

Want to win? Starters need to assert themselves in the first quarter. We need a couple of bench players to step it up. Bench players need to prove they can be relied on or their time with the Nuggets could be ending.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,521

Post#4 » by THE J0KER » Fri May 10, 2019 2:36 am

TOR-PHI is some kind of twin series with DEN-POR so I don't like to see Sixers routinely tied it on 3-3. Two days ago I don't care about way how we going to win, but Durant injury chances everything, so I want now to see our win in six, and some extra rest days for Nuggets.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#5 » by THE J0KER » Fri May 10, 2019 3:12 am

Malone discovered in previous game that team actually can play seriously in 1st quarter too, and use that great experience today again!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#6 » by THE J0KER » Fri May 10, 2019 3:54 am

What is so wrong with our bench this playoff? They are great in regular season but clearly outplayed by Spurs and Blazers bench. Today after starters great first quarter our bench needs less than three minutes to waste +10 lead. Together with lead we lose momentum too, so starters when back didn't dominate like in Q1 and Portland won another 1st half this series. Our bench scored 9 points Hood alone 14pts (Collins 8). Unacceptable.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#7 » by THE J0KER » Fri May 10, 2019 5:38 am

This series is really copycat of Toronto-Philadelphia.

Jokic has another MVP 29-12-8 (10-15fg) performance, but even he deserves some critics tonight! Why in a game where his ts% was over 70% and every teammate struggling with the shooting he takes only 15 shots?? Beasley was 0-8 in 9 minutes, Jokic 10-15 in 36!? Also, I don't like to see "silly fouls" back again, so Joker is fouled out in back-to-back games. Murray is 2nd best Nugget once again with great all-around 24-10-5 game, but 7-20 is bad shooting. Craig deserves some credit too, Barton played as usual, and rest of the team (5 players) underperformed badly. Whole Denver bench 13 points, Hood and Collins 25 and 14! Millsap 5-14 fg and just 6 rebounds in 40 minutes. Bad loss.
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,939

Post#8 » by Moonbeam » Fri May 10, 2019 7:44 am

This series deserves a 7th game. All the best for Sunday - hope both teams remain healthy and have a hard-fought contest.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#9 » by NuggetsWY » Fri May 10, 2019 8:10 am

Moonbeam wrote:This series deserves a 7th game. All the best for Sunday - hope both teams remain healthy and have a hard-fought contest.

My biggest fear was McCollum & Lillard both scoring big - little did I dream that Hood would decide to John them. :lol: Portland also seemed to do a decent job on defense and rebounding. Add all that together and the Blazers deserved the win.

For Denver, our offense wasn't terrible, but defensive effort was ineffective. Regardless of statistics, it seems like our biggest problem on offense was that Jokic just didn't take enough shots. The second offensive problem was not enough motion and hustle. 22 assists is below our normal and that's always an indication of limited motion.

Barton was the only bench contributor and he only contributed 7 points. The bench scored 13 points and while they hustled on defense, it was more like YMCA defense with five guys who have never played together before instead of organized defense.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#10 » by The Rebel » Fri May 10, 2019 12:25 pm

Am I the only one that is hoping that Barton is suspended for that little scuffle with Curry? Maybe we can see if he is the problem with the bench as it appears to me that Beasley and Morris both started having major issues as soon as Barton was brought off the bench with them.

The refs were a joke last night, Harris and Craig were both taken out of the game on ticky tack calls early so that Lillard and McCollum would have a chance, yet just like always they let the Trailblazers be as physical as they wanted to be on defense. Also the lying and crying from the Trailblazers and their media have certainly helped pushed the refs to call way more on Jokic than the Trailblazers bigs for damn sure.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 392

Post#11 » by Manolito » Fri May 10, 2019 12:42 pm

Barton had -25 in 27 minutes. His difference ON / OFF is -39, and at the general Board are going Nuts with Embiid for having a +40.

He is really toxic, and I am also questioning if current bench struggles are related with him being moved to the bench and putting Morris out of the ball.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#12 » by skywalker33 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:05 pm

Murray seemed to skate thru this one and I was ver disappointed in the effort Millsap gave, he should’ve known how important this game was. Again, our vaunted bench disappeared....not a playoff effort IMO
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#13 » by U hova » Fri May 10, 2019 2:59 pm

The Rebel wrote:Am I the only one that is hoping that Barton is suspended for that little scuffle with Curry? Maybe we can see if he is the problem with the bench as it appears to me that Beasley and Morris both started having major issues as soon as Barton was brought off the bench with them.

The refs were a joke last night, Harris and Craig were both taken out of the game on ticky tack calls early so that Lillard and McCollum would have a chance, yet just like always they let the Trailblazers be as physical as they wanted to be on defense. Also the lying and crying from the Trailblazers and their media have certainly helped pushed the refs to call way more on Jokic than the Trailblazers bigs for damn sure.

The refs were pretty bad straight up... there were a couple of possession calls that went our way that clearly were off of Plumlee.
And yea, that was definitely the first thing that popped in my mind during the scuffle.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,788

Post#14 » by TunaFish » Sat May 11, 2019 2:20 am

My own impression is that the Nuggets took their foot off the throttle, very similar to game 6 in the first series against the Spurs. It's not a physical problem (except that most teams are tired with so little break between games). It's more of the mental side of not playing hard or having lapses in effort, even in a big game. And that's because they know they have another chance at home and they know that they are the better team.
Canned in Denver.

Return to Denver Nuggets