Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Nugs depth: Use it or... 

Post#61 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Jul 8, 2019 11:55 pm

Coeur wrote:
Mac1958 wrote:No Westbrook. No Wiggins.

No No No

Neither could help? Trade too costly? Barton or Harris Unreplaceable?

Speak down to those who don’t understand your reasons please. Can’t figure out if you have any substance to your thoughts

It has been said before but since you like your :spam: let's throw it on the griddle and answer these not-so-difficult questions:

Neither could help? Both would be more disruptive than helpful and what skills they do have, Denver already has.

Trade too costly? Far too costly, giving up no player and no draft pick for either one is still too costly - see the previous answer.

Barton Unreplaceable? Nope, most of us on this board have already said, "Please trade Barton". Go back two questions to find out why trading Barton for either of these is not a good idea - no matter how much anyone hates on Barton. He doesn't fit on this Nuggets roster in my opinion, but I'll take him every time over Westbrook or Wiggins.

Harris Unreplaceable? Almost: sure, there are a couple players that I think would be better at SG for the Nuggets but the first two that pop to my mind are not Wiggins or Westbrook. Harris is a solid two-way player that does not demand the ball - a consummate team player. While I'd love to see him score 20+ ppg; that is not essential. All he has to do is hit enough threes to keep the defense honest and head to the basket for one of Jokic's brilliant and spectacular passes.

*** In all fairness to Westbrook & Barton; I think they both have value but they are poor fits in Denver. Barton is not a good fit and Westbrook would be one of the 3 or 4 worst fits possible - in Denver.

Edit: I think Wiggins would be a perfect fit for Big3.

Return to Denver Nuggets