ImageImageImage

Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15)

Moderators: THE J0KER, NuggetsWY

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 9,783
And1: 3,395
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15) 

Post#21 » by skywalker33 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:56 pm

Murray has withdrawn from Team Canada, probably because of an ankle injury. Seems with all the withdrawls, guess the World Cup is losing it's luster to NBA players
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 7,812
And1: 2,691
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15) 

Post#22 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Aug 6, 2019 5:05 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Murray has withdrawn from Team Canada, probably because of an ankle injury. Seems with all the withdrawls, guess the World Cup is losing it's luster to NBA players

With the contracts the stars sign, the risk of injury is probably contributing.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 9,783
And1: 3,395
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15) 

Post#23 » by skywalker33 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 7:18 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Murray has withdrawn from Team Canada, probably because of an ankle injury. Seems with all the withdrawls, guess the World Cup is losing it's luster to NBA players

With the contracts the stars sign, the risk of injury is probably contributing.


Perhaps, but these guys are still playing pick up games or working out with other NBA guys during the off-season, they can still suffer injuries there
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
Alatan
Veteran
Posts: 2,655
And1: 2,142
Joined: May 06, 2017

Re: Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15) 

Post#24 » by Alatan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:46 am

Yo, my nuggets. I just wanted to share some good vibes. Jokic and team Serbia played Lithuania yesterday in a friendly match. We won coming back from a 15 point deficit. What i wanted to tell you about is that Jokic looks much more mobile laterally and was the best defender on the court in my opinion. Also had a couple of dunks. He is still ground bound but he was moving like a smaller man out there.
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 7,812
And1: 2,691
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15) 

Post#25 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:24 pm

Alatan wrote:Yo, my nuggets. I just wanted to share some good vibes. Jokic and team Serbia played Lithuania yesterday in a friendly match. We won coming back from a 15 point deficit. What i wanted to tell you about is that Jokic looks much more mobile laterally and was the best defender on the court in my opinion. Also had a couple of dunks. He is still ground bound but he was moving like a smaller man out there.

:clap: :cowboy: Thanks for sharing and I like your report. No doubt Jokic will probably always struggle with getting his weight at the right point - enough weight, with enough mobility. He's going to always be criticized, just like Charles Barley was. All I care about is how great he is on the Nuggets! :nod:
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 7,812
And1: 2,691
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15) 

Post#26 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:00 pm

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/serbia-coach-trash-talk-team-usa-fiba-world-cup/508404

As the above article indicates, Serbia has a Jokic led team with four other NBA players. It'll be interesting to see how they use Jokic. Without a doubt, they will be quite difficult to beat.
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 4,166
And1: 4,081
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15) 

Post#27 » by THE J0KER » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:44 pm

Watched yesterday that game vs Lithuania. In his first game after a pause, Jokic was not even starter, and coach obviously didn't want to play him too much in this game. But the bad 3-15 start of the game gives Lithuania team lead since the early start, so Jokic played more minutes than the original plan was, and he finished the game in key last 3 minutes where Serbia finished the game with 11-1 run (from 61-67 to 72-68 final result). In these three minutes, Jokic managed to score 5 points, assist and two steals, and in general, he is more focused on defense yesterday limiting notable Lithuania big-man lineup Sabonis/Valanciunas on just 8+5 points. But Jokic stat of the day was for sure: TWO DUNKS!
reflex35
Sophomore
Posts: 164
And1: 51
Joined: Jul 10, 2019

Re: Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15) 

Post#28 » by reflex35 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:36 pm

I think some of us were watching different games... Talking about Lithuania - Serbia game.

Jokic looked fat (more fat than normally ever and I don't know how's that even possible :D ) and slow...
And it was a bad game for him if you watched it and you're not going by stats.
The only thing which saved him was that JV looked even worse.... And Jokic did not even played most of minutes against JV. He played against no name 3rd tier young Lithuanian Center.

He had some good minutes against Sabonis but some of those fouls which put Domas in foul trouble were questionable. (The game was played in Serbia... so you may understand that refs were from the same country...)
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 9,783
And1: 3,395
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15) 

Post#29 » by skywalker33 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:32 pm

reflex35 wrote:I think some of us were watching different games... Talking about Lithuania - Serbia game.

Jokic looked fat (more fat than normally ever and I don't know how's that even possible :D ) and slow...
And it was a bad game for him if you watched it and you're not going by stats.
The only thing which saved him was that JV looked even worse.... And Jokic did not even played most of minutes against JV. He played against no name 3rd tier young Lithuanian Center.

He had some good minutes against Sabonis but some of those fouls which put Domas in foul trouble were questionable. (The game was played in Serbia... so you may understand that refs were from the same country...)


Sounds like YOU’RE from Lithuania :lol:
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
reflex35
Sophomore
Posts: 164
And1: 51
Joined: Jul 10, 2019

Re: Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15) 

Post#30 » by reflex35 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:38 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
reflex35 wrote:I think some of us were watching different games... Talking about Lithuania - Serbia game.

Jokic looked fat (more fat than normally ever and I don't know how's that even possible :D ) and slow...
And it was a bad game for him if you watched it and you're not going by stats.
The only thing which saved him was that JV looked even worse.... And Jokic did not even played most of minutes against JV. He played against no name 3rd tier young Lithuanian Center.

He had some good minutes against Sabonis but some of those fouls which put Domas in foul trouble were questionable. (The game was played in Serbia... so you may understand that refs were from the same country...)


Sounds like YOU’RE from Lithuania :lol:



I am. :lol:
But still - Jokic looked fat and slow (watch the game on youtube). He was not playing most of minutes against JV.
JV looked even worse and that is just how it was even though I might be biased.
You should have seen Arturas Karnisovas face during the game :lol: I think he was not happy with either - Jokic form or his country loosing...
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 9,783
And1: 3,395
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15) 

Post#31 » by skywalker33 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:06 pm

reflex35 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
reflex35 wrote:I think some of us were watching different games... Talking about Lithuania - Serbia game.

Jokic looked fat (more fat than normally ever and I don't know how's that even possible :D ) and slow...
And it was a bad game for him if you watched it and you're not going by stats.
The only thing which saved him was that JV looked even worse.... And Jokic did not even played most of minutes against JV. He played against no name 3rd tier young Lithuanian Center.

He had some good minutes against Sabonis but some of those fouls which put Domas in foul trouble were questionable. (The game was played in Serbia... so you may understand that refs were from the same country...)


Sounds like YOU’RE from Lithuania :lol:



I am. :lol:
But still - Jokic looked fat and slow (watch the game on youtube). He was not playing most of minutes against JV.
JV looked even worse and that is just how it was even though I might be biased.
You should have seen Arturas Karnisovas face during the game :lol: I think he was not happy with either - Jokic form or his country loosing...


Well, I'm not one who puts much faith or energy into these World Cup games, G-League of the Olympics IMO
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 7,812
And1: 2,691
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15) 

Post#32 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:32 pm

reflex35 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
reflex35 wrote:I think some of us were watching different games... Talking about Lithuania - Serbia game.

Jokic looked fat (more fat than normally ever and I don't know how's that even possible :D ) and slow...
And it was a bad game for him if you watched it and you're not going by stats.
The only thing which saved him was that JV looked even worse.... And Jokic did not even played most of minutes against JV. He played against no name 3rd tier young Lithuanian Center.

He had some good minutes against Sabonis but some of those fouls which put Domas in foul trouble were questionable. (The game was played in Serbia... so you may understand that refs were from the same country...)

Sounds like YOU’RE from Lithuania :lol:

I am. :lol:
But still - Jokic looked fat and slow (watch the game on youtube). He was not playing most of minutes against JV.
JV looked even worse and that is just how it was even though I might be biased.
You should have seen Arturas Karnisovas face during the game :lol: I think he was not happy with either - Jokic form or his country loosing...

Keep mocking him; everyone has said "too fat" and "too slow" since he joined the NBA - as others mock him, he just destroys their teams.
reflex35
Sophomore
Posts: 164
And1: 51
Joined: Jul 10, 2019

Re: Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15) 

Post#33 » by reflex35 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:31 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
reflex35 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Sounds like YOU’RE from Lithuania :lol:

I am. :lol:
But still - Jokic looked fat and slow (watch the game on youtube). He was not playing most of minutes against JV.
JV looked even worse and that is just how it was even though I might be biased.
You should have seen Arturas Karnisovas face during the game :lol: I think he was not happy with either - Jokic form or his country loosing...

Keep mocking him; everyone has said "too fat" and "too slow" since he joined the NBA - as others mock him, he just destroys their teams.



You shouldn't be so sensitive. Nobody questions his talent. Skill wise he is like a modern version of Arvydas Sabonis and he is one of the best passing centers of all time.
But just look at the game video - he gained another 10-20 pounds during the summer. Looks extremely out of shape. Let's just call it the way we see it because stating the truth is not mocking him.
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 7,812
And1: 2,691
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15) 

Post#34 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:55 am

reflex35 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
reflex35 wrote:I am. :lol:
But still - Jokic looked fat and slow (watch the game on youtube). He was not playing most of minutes against JV.
JV looked even worse and that is just how it was even though I might be biased.
You should have seen Arturas Karnisovas face during the game :lol: I think he was not happy with either - Jokic form or his country loosing...

Keep mocking him; everyone has said "too fat" and "too slow" since he joined the NBA - as others mock him, he just destroys their teams.

You shouldn't be so sensitive. Nobody questions his talent. Skill wise he is like a modern version of Arvydas Sabonis and he is one of the best passing centers of all time.
But just look at the game video - he gained another 10-20 pounds during the summer. Looks extremely out of shape. Let's just call it the way we see it because stating the truth is not mocking him.

You are wrong. Trying to make everyone fit into the same mold is always wrong.
reflex35
Sophomore
Posts: 164
And1: 51
Joined: Jul 10, 2019

Re: Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15) 

Post#35 » by reflex35 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:05 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
reflex35 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Keep mocking him; everyone has said "too fat" and "too slow" since he joined the NBA - as others mock him, he just destroys their teams.

You shouldn't be so sensitive. Nobody questions his talent. Skill wise he is like a modern version of Arvydas Sabonis and he is one of the best passing centers of all time.
But just look at the game video - he gained another 10-20 pounds during the summer. Looks extremely out of shape. Let's just call it the way we see it because stating the truth is not mocking him.

You are wrong. Trying to make everyone fit into the same mold is always wrong.



Of course I am because trying to accuse someone of not taking into account "differences" is always more fashionable and true than looking at the reality and saying - "OK, I agree, Jokic seems overweight even by his own standards..."

That's all I said - that Jokic IS OVERWEIGHT even by his own standards and probably was having a few bears every night.
Nothing wrong with that as he is on vacation.
But I am wrong and you are right.
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 7,812
And1: 2,691
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15) 

Post#36 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:20 pm

reflex35 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
reflex35 wrote:You shouldn't be so sensitive. Nobody questions his talent. Skill wise he is like a modern version of Arvydas Sabonis and he is one of the best passing centers of all time.
But just look at the game video - he gained another 10-20 pounds during the summer. Looks extremely out of shape. Let's just call it the way we see it because stating the truth is not mocking him.

You are wrong. Trying to make everyone fit into the same mold is always wrong.

Of course I am because trying to accuse someone of not taking into account "differences" is always more fashionable and true than looking at the reality and saying - "OK, I agree, Jokic seems overweight even by his own standards..."

That's all I said - that Jokic IS OVERWEIGHT even by his own standards and probably was having a few bears every night.
Nothing wrong with that as he is on vacation.
But I am wrong and you are right.

Ah yes, we always think we are correct. But your viewpoint is not shared with everyone. The first post regarding the Lithuania game is below:
Alatan wrote:Yo, my nuggets. I just wanted to share some good vibes. Jokic and team Serbia played Lithuania yesterday in a friendly match. We won coming back from a 15 point deficit. What i wanted to tell you about is that Jokic looks much more mobile laterally and was the best defender on the court in my opinion. Also had a couple of dunks. He is still ground bound but he was moving like a smaller man out there.
Alatan
Veteran
Posts: 2,655
And1: 2,142
Joined: May 06, 2017

Re: Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15) 

Post#37 » by Alatan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:32 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
reflex35 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:You are wrong. Trying to make everyone fit into the same mold is always wrong.

Of course I am because trying to accuse someone of not taking into account "differences" is always more fashionable and true than looking at the reality and saying - "OK, I agree, Jokic seems overweight even by his own standards..."

That's all I said - that Jokic IS OVERWEIGHT even by his own standards and probably was having a few bears every night.
Nothing wrong with that as he is on vacation.
But I am wrong and you are right.

Ah yes, we always think we are correct. But your viewpoint is not shared with everyone. The first post regarding the Lithuania game is below:
Alatan wrote:Yo, my nuggets. I just wanted to share some good vibes. Jokic and team Serbia played Lithuania yesterday in a friendly match. We won coming back from a 15 point deficit. What i wanted to tell you about is that Jokic looks much more mobile laterally and was the best defender on the court in my opinion. Also had a couple of dunks. He is still ground bound but he was moving like a smaller man out there.


I dont know what the Lithuaninan guy watched but Jokic has improved much with his lateral mobility and speed. Doesnt really look slimmer, on the opposite he looks bigger (not fatter) and faster witch is quite impressive.

In the game Jokic really shined on D. His offense was rusty witch is somewhat understandable but his mobility and positioning on D was amazing. Il look if there are some clips of it to show.

Edit: at 1:20 and 1:35 there is some nice PnR defense where he shows improved lateral mobility. At 4:02 he show improvement in mobility as well but it ended being a touchy foul...


At 4:17 you can see Jokic with decent recovery after a pump fake.
reflex35
Sophomore
Posts: 164
And1: 51
Joined: Jul 10, 2019

Re: Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15) 

Post#38 » by reflex35 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:48 pm

Alatan wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
reflex35 wrote:Of course I am because trying to accuse someone of not taking into account "differences" is always more fashionable and true than looking at the reality and saying - "OK, I agree, Jokic seems overweight even by his own standards..."

That's all I said - that Jokic IS OVERWEIGHT even by his own standards and probably was having a few bears every night.
Nothing wrong with that as he is on vacation.
But I am wrong and you are right.

Ah yes, we always think we are correct. But your viewpoint is not shared with everyone. The first post regarding the Lithuania game is below:
Alatan wrote:Yo, my nuggets. I just wanted to share some good vibes. Jokic and team Serbia played Lithuania yesterday in a friendly match. We won coming back from a 15 point deficit. What i wanted to tell you about is that Jokic looks much more mobile laterally and was the best defender on the court in my opinion. Also had a couple of dunks. He is still ground bound but he was moving like a smaller man out there.


I dont know what the Lithuaninan guy watched but Jokic has improved much with his lateral mobility and speed. Doesnt really look slimmer, on the opposite he looks bigger (not fatter) and faster witch is quite impressive.

In the game Jokic really shined on D. His offense was rusty witch is somewhat understandable but his mobility and positioning on D was amazing. Il look if there are some clips of it to show.



Shined on D against who? You're missing the point..
He shined against a third tier young centre who will have a first year in Euroleague this year and against undersized 4 who is 34-35 years old veteran on Lithuanian team. :lol:
This is a bit crazy - you're saying he looks bigger (and I say fatter) but he improved his lateral speed and mobility? :roll:
Maybe to your eyes it looks like that because he was playing against slow old and young inexperienced opponents mostly?
Because NBA speed wise he looks slower but I see that everyone sees what they want to see.
Let's see how the game goes today in Lithuania...
Alatan
Veteran
Posts: 2,655
And1: 2,142
Joined: May 06, 2017

Re: Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15) 

Post#39 » by Alatan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:54 pm

reflex35 wrote:
Alatan wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Ah yes, we always think we are correct. But your viewpoint is not shared with everyone. The first post regarding the Lithuania game is below:


I dont know what the Lithuaninan guy watched but Jokic has improved much with his lateral mobility and speed. Doesnt really look slimmer, on the opposite he looks bigger (not fatter) and faster witch is quite impressive.

In the game Jokic really shined on D. His offense was rusty witch is somewhat understandable but his mobility and positioning on D was amazing. Il look if there are some clips of it to show.



Shined on D against who? You're missing the point..
He shined against a third tier young centre who will have a first year in Euroleague this year and against undersized 4 who is 34-35 years old veteran on Lithuanian team. :lol:
This is a bit crazy - you're saying he looks bigger (and I say fatter) but he improved his lateral speed and mobility? :roll:
Maybe to your eyes it looks like that because he was playing against slow old and young inexperienced opponents mostly?
Because NBA speed wise he looks slower but I see that everyone sees what they want to see.
Let's see how the game goes today in Lithuania...


The fact that you think that defense is only played one on one makes me want to end this discussion. Jokic does look Bigger and faster especially laterally. He is not Giannis out there but he can switch onto mediocre guards and contain them and same can be said for wings with is a major addition to his game.

Gaining mobility without loosing mass and strength is incredible because most of us Nuggets feared that if he lost weight he would lose an advantage as a paint presence and a screen setter.
reflex35
Sophomore
Posts: 164
And1: 51
Joined: Jul 10, 2019

Re: Nuggets players at FIBA World Cup 2019 (China, Aug 31 - Sep 15) 

Post#40 » by reflex35 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:57 pm

reflex35 wrote:
Alatan wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Ah yes, we always think we are correct. But your viewpoint is not shared with everyone. The first post regarding the Lithuania game is below:


I dont know what the Lithuaninan guy watched but Jokic has improved much with his lateral mobility and speed. Doesnt really look slimmer, on the opposite he looks bigger (not fatter) and faster witch is quite impressive.

In the game Jokic really shined on D. His offense was rusty witch is somewhat understandable but his mobility and positioning on D was amazing. Il look if there are some clips of it to show.



Shined on D against who? You're missing the point..
He shined against a third tier young centre who will have a first year in Euroleague this year and against undersized 4 who is 34-35 years old veteran on Lithuanian team. :lol:
This is a bit crazy - you're saying he looks bigger (and I say fatter) but he improved his lateral speed and mobility? :roll:
Maybe to your eyes it looks like that because he was playing against slow old and young inexperienced opponents mostly?
Because NBA speed wise he looks slower but I see that everyone sees what they want to see.
Let's see how the game goes today in Lithuania...



And don't talk about watching highlights because guys here will watch those and think that Jokic looked great.
Watch a full game or at least Jokic minutes to get a full understanding how he looked...
Everyone in highlights look great - therefore they are called "highlights". If we go by that then there is nothing else to say.

Return to Denver Nuggets