ImageImageImage

Off-Season Priorities - see OP for explanations

Moderator: THE J0KER

What is the Nuggets most important point of emphasis this off-season?

Offense - more consistent
7%
Defense - help & switch
20%
Forwards - acquire and/or develop
67%
Other
7%

Total votes: 15

psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Re: Off-Season Priorities - see OP for explanations 

Post#41 » by psimanic1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:42 am

If he wants to go to Denver, I guess we can always work on a S&T with Philly...

EDIT: Is it possible to combine let's say Barton + TPE for Harris S&T?
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,781

Post#42 » by TunaFish » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:26 pm

psimanic1 wrote:If he wants to go to Denver, I guess we can always work on a S&T with Philly...

You can't combine a TPE with a player or even another TPE.
Canned in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#43 » by The Rebel » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:37 pm

psimanic1 wrote:If he wants to go to Denver, I guess we can always work on a S&T with Philly...

As Tuna said you cannot combine TPEs with anything. The deal would have to be something like Barton and Plumlee for him. Which the 76ers may have interest in seeing as they need a backup Center badly and will also need a bench scorer as well.
psimanic1
Starter

Post#44 » by psimanic1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:39 pm

The Rebel wrote:

As Tuna said you cannot combine TPEs with anything. The deal would have to be something like Barton and Plumlee for him. Which the 76ers may have interest in seeing as they need a backup Center badly and will also need a bench scorer as well.

I'm sure that they would be interested, if they are interested in HOU package for Jimmy...That way we can hold on to both of them, decline Millsap's option, give him smaller contract and get servicable C for us...Maybe we would need to give Juancho with Plumlee and Barton also, but that's the price we should happily accept
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#45 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:50 pm

psimanic1 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

I'm sure that they would be interested, if they are interested in HOU package for Jimmy...That way we can hold on to both of them, decline Millsap's option, give him smaller contract and get servicable C for us...Maybe we would need to give Juancho with Plumlee and Barton also, but that's the price we should happily accept

That would also mean relying on either Welsh or Bol as our backup C AND reduce potential cap space for next years FA class.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
psimanic1
Starter

Post#46 » by psimanic1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:21 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
psimanic1 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

That would also mean relying on either Welsh or Bol as our backup C AND reduce potential cap space for next years FA class.

How? PHI doesn't want to give him 34 or what is his max contract. Let's say he wants to play for us for 28-30mil, Plumle(14), Barton(12) and Juancho(3) gives us 29mil to send to PHI. So it goes against our current cap flexibility. We decline Millsap's option, and we give him 12-14mil for 3 years(3rd year TO). Wouldn't we have like 3-5mil and still have TPE to of 13mil to trade for C(and few more TPE's xD ). Yes, it would create problems for next year FA class, yes we would have to go over the cap to sign Murray and Beasley, but is there really someone better than Tobias that we could actually sign next year?
skywalker33

Post#47 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:39 pm

psimanic1 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
psimanic1 wrote:I'm sure that they would be interested, if they are interested in HOU package for Jimmy...That way we can hold on to both of them, decline Millsap's option, give him smaller contract and get servicable C for us...Maybe we would need to give Juancho with Plumlee and Barton also, but that's the price we should happily accept

How? PHI doesn't want to give him 34 or what is his max contract. Let's say he wants to play for us for 28-30mil, Plumle(14), Barton(12) and Juancho(3) gives us 29mil to send to PHI. So it goes against our current cap flexibility. We decline Millsap's option, and we give him 12-14mil for 3 years(3rd year TO). Wouldn't we have like 3-5mil and still have TPE to of 13mil to trade for C(and few more TPE's xD ). Yes, it would create problems for next year FA class, yes we would have to go over the cap to sign Murray and Beasley, but is there really someone better than Tobias that we could actually sign next year?

Plumlee's $14M and Juancho's $3M comes off next years cap, that won't be happening if we're pay Harris USING that cap space on Harris' to pay Harris' NEXT year contract...didn't say I was aginst Harris, just pointing out the repercussions of such a move.

And considering what backup C's are going for, $3-5M might only get you a Nerlings type. I might be ok just playing Welsh and/or Bol this year, give a bit more experience (gonna have to do it sometime)

skywalker33

Post#48 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:41 pm

psimanic1 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
psimanic1 wrote:I'm sure that they would be interested, if they are interested in HOU package for Jimmy...That way we can hold on to both of them, decline Millsap's option, give him smaller contract and get servicable C for us...Maybe we would need to give Juancho with Plumlee and Barton also, but that's the price we should happily accept

Plumlee's $14M and Juancho's $3M comes off next years cap, that won't be happening if we're pay Harris USING that cap space on Harris' to pay Harris' NEXT year contract...didn't say I was aginst Harris, just pointing out the repercussions of such a move.

And considering what backup C's are going for, $3-5M might only get you a Nerlings type. I might be ok just playing Welsh and/or Bol this year, give a bit more experience (gonna have to do it sometime)

But just to be honest, I see this as click-bait from the article, less than 5% chance it happens IMO

psimanic1
Starter

Post#49 » by psimanic1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:47 pm

That's true, my bad :D
I was thinking that we could have some salary(or almost the same) with Harris instead of those 3 guys this year, we are expected to go over the tax next year anyway.
skywalker33

Post#50 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:41 pm

psimanic1 wrote:That's true, my bad :D
I was thinking that we could have some salary(or almost the same) with Harris instead of those 3 guys this year, we are expected to go over the tax next year anyway.

I agree. Also, I thought your idea of adding Juancho was great insight, not only do we avoid potentially paying him next year, it does add value to PHI, and we really wouldn't need him adding Harris.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#51 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:37 pm

I actually love the idea of Tobias Harris on the Nuggets but looking at all of this interesting discussion just reminds me of difficult and convoluted adding him would be. I just don't think it will happen.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#52 » by THE J0KER » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:12 am

NuggetsWY wrote:I actually love the idea of Tobias Harris on the Nuggets but looking at all of this interesting discussion just reminds me of difficult and convoluted adding him would be. I just don't think it will happen.

If Denver FO really wants T-Harris and is ready to offer ~30M per season salary, the biggest problem will be if Butler lives Sixers, so they will be also ready to overpaid TH with a similar salary.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#53 » by The Rebel » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:31 am

YOu guys are making it to hard, the Nuggets can get Harris in a sign and trade for Barton and Plumlee, due to the 125% rule the Nuggets can take back $33,750,000 which is enough to max Harris.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#54 » by THE J0KER » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:13 am

The Rebel wrote:YOu guys are making it to hard, the Nuggets can get Harris in a sign and trade for Barton and Plumlee, due to the 125% rule the Nuggets can take back $33,750,000 which is enough to max Harris.

Too much complicate. We need to find a team which wants Barton and Plumlee both and Sixers to cooperate.

BTW I predicted that Sacramento Kings will overpay on FA market this summer their future SF starter, but now seems that target is not Tobias Harris.
Read on Twitter
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#55 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:13 am

The Rebel wrote:YOu guys are making it to hard, the Nuggets can get Harris in a sign and trade for Barton and Plumlee, due to the 125% rule the Nuggets can take back $33,750,000 which is enough to max Harris.

and I like that trade but it would leave us needing a center - an obstacle that shouldn't be too hard to overcome
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#56 » by THE J0KER » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:23 am

NuggetsWY wrote:

and I like that trade but it would leave us needing a center - an obstacle that shouldn't be too hard to overcome

Not necessarily! With Tobias and Porter there, Millsap can play backup center and backup PF both, which is an about 25mpg job, which suits to 35 old veterans.

Frontcourt rotation:

C: Jokic 35, Millsap 13
PF: T.Harris 25, Millsap 13, JV 10
SF: Porter 25, T.Harris 10, Craig 13

So, even without Bol Bol and Welsh, we can solve it.
skywalker33

Post#57 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:31 am

THE J0KER wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

Not necessarily! With Tobias and Porter there, Millsap can play backup center and backup PF both, which is an about 25mpg job, which suits to 35 old veterans.

Frontcourt rotation:

C: Jokic 35, Millsap 13
PF: T.Harris 25, Millsap 13, JV 10
SF: Porter 25, T.Harris 10, Craig 13

So, even without Bol Bol and Welsh, we can solve it.

I see Welsh playing more backup C than Millsap and T Harris more of a PF, we have plenty of SF's available with Porter, Barton, Craig

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,781

Post#58 » by TunaFish » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:19 am

Bottom line is can Barton be sent out as widely hoped? My take is that Plumlee is more valuable and could be traded. Barton is a different problem because of how poor he played last season. You can unload Plumlee and option out MIllsap but getting far enough below the cap to add a max player is a challenge unless somebody will take Barton's contract or some other move is made.

Of course you could trade for Harris straight up using Barton and Plumlee but would the Sixers take Barton (I'm sure they would take Plumlee). If they would take both that's the move to make. Might not be easy to sell that to the Sixers who want to keep Harris.
Canned in Denver.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#59 » by Manolito » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:10 am

I can only see Indiana, Orlando and Sacramento with cap space and any slight interest in Barton, as they needs some backcourt scorers. It would cost us for sure a first.pick, Warren trade is a good example.

Philly S&T would be great but I am sure they prefer cap space rather than Barton and for sure Plumlee. An Embiid, Simmons and Plumlee lineup is absolutely unplayable.

Sent from my Aquaris M5 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Denver Nuggets