ImageImageImage

Michael Porter Jr

Moderators: THE J0KER, NuggetsWY

Alatan
Analyst
Posts: 3,262
And1: 2,656
Joined: May 06, 2017

Re: Michael Porter Jr 

Post#181 » by Alatan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:30 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:Would you guys consider Kelly Oubre and Pick 10 for Porter?

Porter seems right now like one of three max-contract talents from his rookie class (with Zion and Morant), but deal around Porter and Ayton is useless for Nuggets which franchise player is canter already, Jokic.

But if Suns want to use Oubre to solve their big PF problem, Denver is actually right place for that! We can give you Bol Bol, Barton, and HOU#21 pick for Oubre and Bridges. Maybe today it is not so obvious that Bol Bol have highest ceiling out of all these players involved, but already before 2021 trade deadline it will be obvious.


Why is everyone keen on trading Bol before we see him play a full season. Oubre wont fix any of our problems and Bol could be a stud.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,589
And1: 3,957
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Michael Porter Jr 

Post#182 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:56 pm

Alatan wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:Would you guys consider Kelly Oubre and Pick 10 for Porter?

Porter seems right now like one of three max-contract talents from his rookie class (with Zion and Morant), but deal around Porter and Ayton is useless for Nuggets which franchise player is canter already, Jokic.

But if Suns want to use Oubre to solve their big PF problem, Denver is actually right place for that! We can give you Bol Bol, Barton, and HOU#21 pick for Oubre and Bridges. Maybe today it is not so obvious that Bol Bol have highest ceiling out of all these players involved, but already before 2021 trade deadline it will be obvious.


Why is everyone keen on trading Bol before we see him play a full season. Oubre wont fix any of our problems and Bol could be a stud.


Well, why are you so keen on trading Murray....or Porter....or any number of other Nuggets ? Each individual has DIFFERENT assessments of players, few of which are gonna match yours EXACTLY. ( I rarely agree with many of your trade proposals, sorry ).
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
Alatan
Analyst
Posts: 3,262
And1: 2,656
Joined: May 06, 2017

Re: Michael Porter Jr 

Post#183 » by Alatan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:54 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Alatan wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:Porter seems right now like one of three max-contract talents from his rookie class (with Zion and Morant), but deal around Porter and Ayton is useless for Nuggets which franchise player is canter already, Jokic.

But if Suns want to use Oubre to solve their big PF problem, Denver is actually right place for that! We can give you Bol Bol, Barton, and HOU#21 pick for Oubre and Bridges. Maybe today it is not so obvious that Bol Bol have highest ceiling out of all these players involved, but already before 2021 trade deadline it will be obvious.


Why is everyone keen on trading Bol before we see him play a full season. Oubre wont fix any of our problems and Bol could be a stud.


Well, why are you so keen on trading Murray....or Porter....or any number of other Nuggets ? Each individual has DIFFERENT assessments of players, few of which are gonna match yours EXACTLY. ( I rarely agree with many of your trade proposals, sorry ).


I am keen on trading Murray because he has a lot of trade value and doesnt fit with Jokic. He might prove me wrong if he becomes half the player he was in a couple of those Utah games but i think he just got really hot and Utah had focused most of their defensive effort on stopping Jokic. Porter is nice and reminds me of Galinari but if we could get a better player id trade him without remorse.

I dont mind people not liking my trade proposals but i usually try to trade our guys for an allstar or a borderline allstar. Other posters try to pawn of Bol as a sweetener of for a roleplayer and i cant stand behind that. We need top end tallent.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,589
And1: 3,957
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Michael Porter Jr 

Post#184 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:18 pm

Alatan wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Alatan wrote:
Why is everyone keen on trading Bol before we see him play a full season. Oubre wont fix any of our problems and Bol could be a stud.


Well, why are you so keen on trading Murray....or Porter....or any number of other Nuggets ? Each individual has DIFFERENT assessments of players, few of which are gonna match yours EXACTLY. ( I rarely agree with many of your trade proposals, sorry ).


I am keen on trading Murray because he has a lot of trade value and doesnt fit with Jokic. He might prove me wrong if he becomes half the player he was in a couple of those Utah games but i think he just got really hot and Utah had focused most of their defensive effort on stopping Jokic. Porter is nice and reminds me of Galinari but if we could get a better player id trade him without remorse.

I dont mind people not liking my trade proposals but i usually try to trade our guys for an allstar or a borderline allstar. Other posters try to pawn of Bol as a sweetener of for a roleplayer and i cant stand behind that. We need top end tallent.


From what I've seen, Murray seems like the PERFECT fit next to Jokic. He doesn't need the ball, plays dominantly when Jokic is on the bench, works well with Joker in the PnR...what's not to like ??

While I don't agree with most of your trades, doesn't me you're right and I'm wrong, also doesn't mean your wrong and I'm right either. But I'm one who also believes the grass isn't always greener on the other side, especially when you're messing with team chemistry. Many posters want to degrade Porter (and soon Bol, I'm guessing) saying his health is SOOOO questionable, yet they all want him, hmmmm. He made it through this season and is looking like the player we all think he can be, if/when he continues thru next season he'll be a rising superstar no need to give up on that. FTR, I'm betting Porter will be much better than Gallo very soon. Could be the same with Bol so we agree he isn't just a sweetner. That said though, I'm not sure what we have with Bol yet, looking forward to find out though.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,119
And1: 3,342
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Michael Porter Jr 

Post#185 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:52 pm

I'm not in favor of trading Jokic or Murray or Porter and not a fan of trading a few of the others. Jokic & Murray have been acclaimed widely for their "amazing effectiveness together" as one announcer proclaimed. Many have said spoken highly regarding Porter's upside. Harris' defense is admired. Plumlee is considered a great backup for Jokic (mostly because of his passing). The list goes on.

I've said more than once, I'm really not interested in any trade unless it brings back a remarkable talent - without trading Jokic or Murray or Porter.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,589
And1: 3,957
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Michael Porter Jr 

Post#186 » by skywalker33 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:28 pm

Porter's role will increase next year now that Malone has seen his strengths and weaknesses. A good training camp with a season/playoffs under his belt, we'll now be able to build an offense around Murray, Jokic and MPJ.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
User avatar
Mac1958
Senior
Posts: 566
And1: 168
Joined: Nov 29, 2008

Re: Michael Porter Jr 

Post#187 » by Mac1958 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:01 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:I'm not in favor of trading Jokic or Murray or Porter and not a fan of trading a few of the others. Jokic & Murray have been acclaimed widely for their "amazing effectiveness together" as one announcer proclaimed. Many have said spoken highly regarding Porter's upside. Harris' defense is admired. Plumlee is considered a great backup for Jokic (mostly because of his passing). The list goes on.

I've said more than once, I'm really not interested in any trade unless it brings back a remarkable talent - without trading Jokic or Murray or Porter.

I'm usually in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" camp.

If (if) Murray has broken out of his shell, he could average 24/5/5 next year. If Porter can improve his defense (no doubt that will be on the menu in the offseason), he could be a serious alpha dog. And, oh yeah, Jokic. And I'd sure love to see Bol out there more, and that could happen if both Grant and Millsap leave.

Are there any more entertaining teams in the league next year? Few, if any.
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,119
And1: 3,342
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Michael Porter Jr 

Post#188 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:37 pm

Based on past history with young players, I expect Porter to start the year with 15-20 mpg at the most and if he continues to develop at the same rate as he showed in the bubble, I expect he'll finish the year at 25-30 mpg and maybe, just maybe by the end of the year, as the starter.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,300
And1: 6,732
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Michael Porter Jr 

Post#189 » by The Rebel » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:13 am

NuggetsWY wrote:Based on past history with young players, I expect Porter to start the year with 15-20 mpg at the most and if he continues to develop at the same rate as he showed in the bubble, I expect he'll finish the year at 25-30 mpg and maybe, just maybe by the end of the year, as the starter.


I think that is going to heavily depend on what happens after the season. Personally I could see the front office trading Barton and going with MPJ, KBD, and Cancar. Malone is forced to play MPJ and it would not be the 1st time the front office has done that. They made Nurkic a starter in his rookie year by trading Mozgov, and they made Mudiay a starter his rookie year as well. I think MPJ has earned a strong shot at starting next season, he makes rookie mistakes but he handles it all pretty well considering.
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,119
And1: 3,342
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Michael Porter Jr 

Post#190 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:15 am

The Rebel wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Based on past history with young players, I expect Porter to start the year with 15-20 mpg at the most and if he continues to develop at the same rate as he showed in the bubble, I expect he'll finish the year at 25-30 mpg and maybe, just maybe by the end of the year, as the starter.


I think that is going to heavily depend on what happens after the season. Personally I could see the front office trading Barton and going with MPJ, KBD, and Cancar. Malone is forced to play MPJ and it would not be the 1st time the front office has done that. They made Nurkic a starter in his rookie year by trading Mozgov, and they made Mudiay a starter his rookie year as well. I think MPJ has earned a strong shot at starting next season, he makes rookie mistakes but he handles it all pretty well considering.

:pray:
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,119
And1: 3,342
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Michael Porter Jr 

Post#191 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm

I just went back and watched games 1 & 2. The Lakers are showing Porter some respect. They are not allowing him to get many wide open 3pt shots.

He seems to have improved his defense quite a bit since getting serious bubble time and it has carried over into the playoffs. Not saying he's All-Defense level, but he's shown some improvement IMO.

Return to Denver Nuggets