Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Re: Michael Porter Jr 

Post#81 » by skywalker33 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 4:40 pm

Mac1958 wrote:
TunaFish wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:Absolutely correct statement, but sorry, despite being Porter's coach, Malone is actually the last man on the Earth to say this!

Who else to blame because MPJ so far has only 11 career games with more than 20 minutes, only 4 with more than 25 minutes, and never played 30 minutes or more with just one career start?? And all that is not happen recently because Malone notices how monstrous-looking was MPJ per minute stats since the start of the season, but because 3 starters and 6th man are coincidently injured at the same time!

I can't read minds but I have noticed that Malone likes to set up a consistent rotation. I agree MPJ looks like a star in the making but Barton is in the starting lineup ahead of him which limits minutes. It may also be Malone's plan for MPJ to settle into a bench slot as a big wing who brings scoring and rebounding off the bench. Lately, he has been finishing games and his minutes are rising quickly.

If Malone were to have everyone back by the playoffs, he would love to have a settled rotation with everyone on the same page. Starters are set and MPJ fits an important role from the bench, the primary 6th man. Everything changes if Malone has to move Barton to shooting guard more.

I guess I understand the theory, and certainly having this kid coming off the bench is one helluva luxury.

But contacts don't last forever, and I assume this also recognizes that he'll be starting soon, if not next year. If he stays healthy and productive, another team will pay him a ton.

We'll have his rights for quite a while
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#82 » by TunaFish » Fri Feb 7, 2020 3:33 am

With the trade deadline passed the one observation that I think is understated is what the trade of Beasley and Hernangomez means in terms of Porter's future. January was a warm up of what we should expect from MPJ. The only hold up was minutes and that problem was resolved with the trade.

I expect we will see 25 to 30 minutes of playing time from Porter.
Canned in Denver.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,269

Post#83 » by Yuri Vaultin » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:40 am

I am pretty damn high on this kid's potential... but it seems every time he opens his mouth nonsense flies out. Pizzagate... COVID19 is population control... Antivaxer... Damn kid. I hope he doesn't go down the Kyrie Irving flat earth rabbit hole too.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
skywalker33

Post#84 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:48 am

Yuri Vaultin wrote:I am pretty damn high on this kid's potential... but it seems every time he opens his mouth nonsense flies out. Pizzagate... COVID19 is population control... Antivaxer... Damn kid. I hope he doesn't go down the Kyrie Irving flat earth rabbit hole too.

I get it, but he's certainly not the 1st person to bring this "population control" conspiracy theory to light, especially when you consider where this virus originated. China is so overpopulated it seems a reasonable walk down this road IMO.

That said, MPJ's comment does have a bit of "bite the hand that feeds you" feel to it as well. He better come out on FIRE !!

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#85 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:45 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Yuri Vaultin wrote:I am pretty damn high on this kid's potential... but it seems every time he opens his mouth nonsense flies out. Pizzagate... COVID19 is population control... Antivaxer... Damn kid. I hope he doesn't go down the Kyrie Irving flat earth rabbit hole too.

I get it, but he's certainly not the 1st person to bring this "population control" conspiracy theory to light, especially when you consider where this virus originated. China is so overpopulated it seems a reasonable walk down this road IMO.

That said, MPJ's comment does have a bit of "bite the hand that feeds you" feel to it as well. He better come out on FIRE !!

:lol: Well, everyone has a right to their own version of stupidity. No doubt people laugh at some of my opinions.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,269

Post#86 » by Yuri Vaultin » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:19 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

:lol: Well, everyone has a right to their own version of stupidity. No doubt people laugh at some of my opinions.

I guess my biggest concern would be that fragility and catastrophic injuries run in his family something fierce; will he turn down the very best medical recommendations because he saw a video on youtube that outlined that this is how Bill Gates will get him microchipped?

He seems to have a history of following fake science and believing rumor as fact.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#87 » by TunaFish » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:58 pm

Yuri Vaultin wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

I guess my biggest concern would be that fragility and catastrophic injuries run in his family something fierce; will he turn down the very best medical recommendations because he saw a video on youtube that outlined that this is how Bill Gates will get him microchipped?

He seems to have a history of following fake science and believing rumor as fact.

The "following fake science" description fits a lot of people, some in power. I think the suggestion that Porter and Irving are on similar paths is probably true. In more ways than one.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#88 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:59 pm

Yuri Vaultin wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Personally I can agree to some point with MPJ. Given this virus originated in China, where overpopulation is truly an issue, doesn’t seem too big of a leap to theorize this virus could have been designed to reduce the population (or for whatever other purpose :dontknow: ) IMO. For you to jump to a refusal of medication based upon religious or family beliefs or refusal of being microchipped ( i won't do it either) seems a bit of a stretch to me but I can see where your post is coming from. You can call it “fake science” but when do you get to judge another mans beliefs ?

And let's be honesty, when do 20-somethings NOT say some stupid stuff ??

TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#89 » by TunaFish » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:15 pm

On the subject of Porter's statement I found there is actually a study where the following question was asked:

The Coronavirus was intentionally created to reduce the world's population.

43% percent of Men and 33% of Woman of those responding to the study accepted that as fact.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/services/aop-cambridge-core/content/view/11E1C0AA1837CFA7E3926F5E9AF30782/S1743923X20000409a.pdf/gender_differences_in_covid19_conspiracy_theory_beliefs.pdf See page 11.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#90 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:52 pm

skywalker33 wrote:but when do you get to judge another mans beliefs ?

Sorry Sky, but that made me chuckle - I totally get where you are coming from regarding the current topic - and I agree. But you tend to judge other people's beliefs rather quickly - when it comes to basketball. :dontknow:
skywalker33

Post#91 » by skywalker33 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:55 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:

Sorry Sky, but that made me chuckle - I totally get where you are coming from regarding the current topic - and I agree. But you tend to judge other people's beliefs rather quickly - when it comes to basketball. :dontknow:

Beliefs are what you live your life by...basketball is what I live my life by, therefore I am THE EXPERT. At least you know when I get to judge another man's BASKETBALL beliefs.... that'd be anytime it needs correction !! :lol: :lol:

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#92 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:37 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:

Beliefs are what you live your life by...basketball is what I live my life by, therefore I am THE EXPERT. At least you know when I get to judge another man's BASKETBALL beliefs.... that'd be anytime it needs correction !! :lol: :lol:

:laugh: :naaa:
skywalker33

Post#93 » by skywalker33 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:44 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote: But you tend to judge other people's beliefs rather quickly - when it comes to basketball. :dontknow:

:laugh: :naaa:

Hey WY, you better watch your step, this could be construed as a personal attack. Around here we have very protective and overly-aggressive MOD's, that ....er...well......oh, never mind :roll: :rofl:

:bowdown:

Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,531

Post#94 » by Alatan » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:33 pm

TunaFish wrote:On the subject of Porter's statement I found there is actually a study where the following question was asked:

43% percent of Men and 33% of Woman of those responding to the study accepted that as fact.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/services/aop-cambridge-core/content/view/11E1C0AA1837CFA7E3926F5E9AF30782/S1743923X20000409a.pdf/gender_differences_in_covid19_conspiracy_theory_beliefs.pdf See page 11.

:noway:
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:33 pm

Alatan wrote:
TunaFish wrote:On the subject of Porter's statement I found there is actually a study where the following question was asked:

:noway:

:jawdrop:
skywalker33

Post#96 » by skywalker33 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 11:49 pm

Sure hope the OKC game is just a vision of his future, I was thoroughly impressed with his efficient shooting, rebounding and low rate of turnover while in a starting role....he coming of age !!!!! And this is one of the guys #youngthegiant wants to give away ...LMAO. !

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#97 » by THE J0KER » Tue Aug 4, 2020 12:33 am

He became the first rookie with at least 35 points and 10 rebounds in a game since Carmelo Anthony did it in 2004!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:37 am

THE J0KER wrote:He became the first rookie with at least 35 points and 10 rebounds in a game since Carmelo Anthony did it in 2004!

and as the announcer pointed out: he led all rookies in 3pt percentage at 41%
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#99 » by THE J0KER » Tue Aug 4, 2020 6:55 pm

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets