2. Jarred Vanderbilt ?
73%

Total votes: 11

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Who has the bigger 2019 impact ?? 

Post#1 » by skywalker33 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:07 pm

I believe many of us have been patiently waiting the debut of Michael Porter Jr, if healthy he's gonna be HUGE. However, even this year I think he'll be brought alon slower than we'd like. But then there's the other 1st year player...Jarred Vanderbilt.

Here's a good article about JV, well worth a read. His defensive impact alone can make this team a step better than they were this last season. a bit of seasoning in the Summer League will show us a little more about what to expect, I for one am looking forward to it.

https://nugglove.com/2019/05/28/denver-nuggets-jarred-vanderbilt-difference-maker/

I went with JV, at least for this season. With Malone still trying to create a defensive scheme that enables the offense, with his rebounding and passing skills (in conjunction with Jokic's) this could change the team outlook towards the future.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,778

Re: Who has the bigger 2019 impact ?? 

Post#2 » by TunaFish » Wed May 29, 2019 12:19 am

Too difficult to fairly judge Porter without seeing him first. Based on scouting he has the highest upside. I hope they are right.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#3 » by skywalker33 » Wed May 29, 2019 1:35 am

TunaFish wrote:Too difficult to fairly judge Porter without seeing him first. Based on scouting he has the highest upside. I hope they are right.

Well it seems Porter may still have an issue with “foot drop” and had absolutely zero PT this year, JV looks closer to being 100% and got a taste of the NBA game
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#4 » by NuggetsWY » Wed May 29, 2019 4:16 am

I'm not sure Malone will give either one a serious shot at making any sort of impact, but I'll vote Porter. Vanderbilt looks like a solid PF that might make a 5th starter or good bench player - the kind of guy Malone knows how to bury. Porter just might be good enough to force Malone to play him.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,778

Post#5 » by TunaFish » Wed May 29, 2019 4:23 am

skywalker33 wrote:
TunaFish wrote:Too difficult to fairly judge Porter without seeing him first. Based on scouting he has the highest upside. I hope they are right.

Well it seems Porter may still have an issue with “foot drop” and had absolutely zero PT this year, JV looks closer to being 100% and got a taste of the NBA game

Foot Drop may not be as significant as it sounds. There are degrees and some have only slight issues. Sometimes the feeling through the nerve endings returns. Some might not be effected at all. Only the doctors who are treating him know the extent of his issues.

The latest videos of him during practice don't show any effect.
Canned in Denver.

Return to Denver Nuggets