ImageImageImage

Coach Malone

Moderators: THE J0KER, NuggetsWY

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 4,036

Re: Coach Malone 

Post#121 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:01 pm

Mickey8 wrote:I feel that Nuggets wont win anything with Malone , even though they made progress every season, I think Denver is Steve Kerr like coaching influence away to become legit contender, not have to going to seven games series every play off , I dont think Malone is convincing play off coach , he's the one of the reason that team always dig itself into the hole, trailing, his incapability to adjust etc. I think Denver will extend him to a new contract, which will be a big mistake and will cost Denver winning the title.

You DO realize Kerr has coached championship teams right ?? :lol: :lol: :roll:
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
Mickey8
Sixth Man
And1: 1,213

Post#122 » by Mickey8 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:06 pm

What the hell you talking about, I am talking about somebody coming in and lifting the team to the championship level , thats what the Warriors did by replacing Jackson with Kerr, thats the shock Denver need right now.
skywalker33

Post#123 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:38 pm

Mickey8 wrote:What the hell you talking about, I am talking about somebody coming in and lifting the team to the championship level , thats what the Warriors did by replacing Jackson with Kerr, thats the shock Denver need right now.

Just point out that you were comparing Malone to Kerr, what you wrote and what you may have wanted to say wasn't clear.....as usual.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
Mickey8
Sixth Man

Post#124 » by Mickey8 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:50 pm

I am not comparing Malone to Kerr, its a comparison with GS situation , when they brought Kerr in replacing Jackson, Kerr influenced that team and made them champions right away.
skywalker33

Post#125 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:04 pm

Mickey8 wrote:I am not comparing Malone to Kerr, its a comparison with GS situation , when they brought Kerr in replacing Jackson, Kerr influenced that team and made them champions right away.

Well, there are some that agree with your view, I've heard it before(and may have said it myself) However, Malone seems to be on a high in popular view right now. He continues to get this team to raise its progressive level every year. Had this series not been rigged by LBJ and the NBA refs, I believe we could have threatened for an NBA title. Malone has made mistakes along the way, but I can't see him getting replaced anytime soon.

But I would like to hear, who would YOU replace him with, who's that next Steve Kerr you so keenly desire ???????
Mickey8
Sixth Man

Post#126 » by Mickey8 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:48 pm

I am not sure who, but I feel like this team wont make that final step with Malone unless Denver get some big name free agent , let see how Malone does the next season, now he's going to have a much more pressure because expectations will get even higher , let see how Porter develops , if he makes any difference , if this team doesn't advance to at least to the Western Conference finals again , Denver should look for the new coach after the next season .
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 3,398

Post#127 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:08 am

I'm still not a Malone fan, but I seriously doubt they are going to replace him at this time.
antonac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,381

Post#128 » by antonac » Fri Oct 2, 2020 12:24 pm

Even if Malone is the Mark Jackson and we should be thinking about getting the guy that takes the team over the top, I don't think that would be right now anyway.

Porter still has improving to do, Murray still has to show he can actually sustain his PO form (Tatum took 18 months before he really looked like the guy we saw in the 2018 POs), Jokic has to learn to impose himself on the game, Bol Bol needs to actually take the floor.

If Malone is nothing but a developmental coach he still has work to do.
skywalker33

Post#129 » by skywalker33 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 5:09 pm

Not that I am a Malone fan either but the question still comes into play "Who could we replace Malone with that could get us to the next level, who is a better replacement for Malone ?" Can't see a lot of coaches out there, only one I like is Popovich.

Return to Denver Nuggets