ImageImageImage

Coach Malone

Moderators: THE J0KER, NuggetsWY

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 11,270
And1: 4,445
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Coach Malone 

Post#141 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:12 am

U hova wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
U hova wrote:What developments can we actually attribute to Malone being there, and not just a natural progression of the talent that was drafted?

Look at the guys who LEFT Denver, got out from under Malone's wing, and are flourishing...


You can't believe Grant's development was completely his/DET's doing, do you ? Give credit where it due at least.

Since him becoming this offensive option was completely out of left field I can't really attribute any of the development to Malone.


Then where do you think it came from ?
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
User avatar
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 5,706
And1: 5,758
Joined: Apr 12, 2017
 

Re: Coach Malone 

Post#142 » by THE J0KER » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:17 am

OMG, I just checked from previous season Denver's potentially best lineup in the franchise history already this season if they stayed together: Murray-Beasley-Grant-Porter-Jokic, and I wanted to compare it with Murray-Harris-Barton-Millsap-Jokic lineup which we used the most of the time last season (today's starting lineup), and I can't believe what I found. It is definitely Malone who screw up this historic opportunity, much more than our front office!

Image

Can you believe, Malone used Murray-Beasley-Grant-Porter-Jokic overall 2 minutes together on the floor!? Isn't before the start of the last season that was the lineup that most of the Denver fans but also all NBA fans want to see the most in Denver, but Malone tested it TWO MINUTES overall!?
U hova
Pro Prospect
Posts: 787
And1: 449
Joined: Jul 02, 2013
 

Re: Coach Malone 

Post#143 » by U hova » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:42 am

skywalker33 wrote:
U hova wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
You can't believe Grant's development was completely his/DET's doing, do you ? Give credit where it due at least.

Since him becoming this offensive option was completely out of left field I can't really attribute any of the development to Malone.


Then where do you think it came from ?

As I suggested before, it was most likely natural self improvement for him and/or Casey is using him much better.. All I know is we weren't using him as a scorer nor did we do anything in particular to develop him into one. Part of what makes his current scoring run absurd is that there was not a single thing we saw from him during his 1 year in Denver that suggested he was capable of doing what he is now.

Flip the scenario again, are we seeing any of our "development" guys suddenly breaking out into stars for us? All of our key contributors (MPJ, Murray) were expected to be future All-Stars from fairly early flashes. Even Morris started as a very high floor draft pick.
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,596
And1: 3,615
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Coach Malone 

Post#144 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:55 pm

Malone can probably claim little credit for developing Grant - not in just one year when he already had four years experience.

Calling Malone a "development coach" means looking at rookies (& 2 players that were rookies the year before he took over):

Harris
Jokic
Mudiay
Beasley
Hernangomez
Murray
Morris
Cancar - sort of - coming from Europe, he was not a typical rookie
Lydon
Porter
Bol - still waiting
Nnaji - still waiting

You know I'm not a big Malone fan, but if you look at that list, you absolutely must agree that he has been rather successful, for the most part, in developing these young players.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 22,426
And1: 7,948
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: Coach Malone 

Post#145 » by The Rebel » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:28 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:Malone can probably claim little credit for developing Grant - not in just one year when he already had four years experience.

Calling Malone a "development coach" means looking at rookies (& 2 players that were rookies the year before he took over):

Harris
Jokic
Mudiay
Beasley
Hernangomez
Murray
Morris
Cancar - sort of - coming from Europe, he was not a typical rookie
Lydon
Porter
Bol - still waiting
Nnaji - still waiting

You know I'm not a big Malone fan, but if you look at that list, you absolutely must agree that he has been rather successful, for the most part, in developing these young players.


You are missing Nurkic who has not grown much since leaving here, and Craig who was a 2 way deal.


The idea that Malone is not a talent developer is crazy. Everybody knows he develops talent well, that is reportedly why Campazzo, Hartenstein, and Whittington all signed here while having offers to go elsewhere. That is why Hampton was so excited to be drafted here after spending the summer with Mike Miller and Penny Hardaway. The league and those around the league know we know how to help guys get the most out of their talent.
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,596
And1: 3,615
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Coach Malone 

Post#146 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:03 pm

The Rebel wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Malone can probably claim little credit for developing Grant - not in just one year when he already had four years experience.

Calling Malone a "development coach" means looking at rookies (& 2 players that were rookies the year before he took over):

Harris
Jokic
Mudiay
Beasley
Hernangomez
Murray
Morris
Cancar - sort of - coming from Europe, he was not a typical rookie
Lydon
Porter
Bol - still waiting
Nnaji - still waiting

You know I'm not a big Malone fan, but if you look at that list, you absolutely must agree that he has been rather successful, for the most part, in developing these young players.


You are missing Nurkic who has not grown much since leaving here, and Craig who was a 2 way deal.


The idea that Malone is not a talent developer is crazy. Everybody knows he develops talent well, that is reportedly why Campazzo, Hartenstein, and Whittington all signed here while having offers to go elsewhere. That is why Hampton was so excited to be drafted here after spending the summer with Mike Miller and Penny Hardaway. The league and those around the league know we know how to help guys get the most out of their talent.

:lol: and I might have missed a few more
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 11,270
And1: 4,445
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: Coach Malone 

Post#147 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:02 pm

So, with Malone as coach does any of our rookies have a shot at ROTY ?? Doubt it unless he's a top 3 pick.
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
NuggetsWY
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Posts: 9,596
And1: 3,615
Joined: Oct 28, 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
 

Re: Coach Malone 

Post#148 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:37 pm

skywalker33 wrote:So, with Malone as coach does any of our rookies have a shot at ROTY ?? Doubt it unless he's a top 3 pick.

ROTY? :confused: You've got to be kidding me. Maybe a couple of years ago, but we've got some pretty good talent and I seriously doubt Malone would even use a #1 pick very much. He's too competitive to trust a rookie. :meditate:

Return to Denver Nuggets